Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Currently just "finished" the merges, running LOOT and I get Failed to sort plugins - cyclic interaction detected between 018Auri.esp and BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp.

both of these are merged so if you have done the merges make sure they are included if not ignore it won't be an problem by the time you have finished.

Hi all,

I cannot seem to get Dragonborn to initiate. Have done Way pf the voice, and Horn pf Jurgen Windcaller. That was about 20 days and 15 levels ago but still no attack by cultists. Travelled to Solstenheim but did not initiate there either. Any ideas? Thanks ever so much :)

When ingame and enter console command, I get this message in console:

[error] Can't parse Json file at 'Data/SKSE/Plugins/JCData/InnRoomCosts.json' at line 1:0 - X or

NB: in console it was not X but another symbol which I cannot reproduce

I have never encountered this so I don't know.  might best to as Mator as that mod is merged.

Hi all,

I cannot seem to get Dragonborn to initiate. Have done Way pf the voice, and Horn pf Jurgen Windcaller. That was about 20 days and 15 levels ago but still no attack by cultists. Travelled to Solstenheim but did not initiate there either. Any ideas? Thanks ever so much :)

with OMEGA Dragonborn does actually start until you have defeated Aldiun but you should also be able to start it by just going to Solstheim on your own. You should be able to talk to the captain the windhelm docks and he will take you there.

I have never encountered this so I don't know.  might best to as Mator as that mod is merged.

with OMEGA Dragonborn does actually start until you have defeated Aldiun but you should also be able to start it by just going to Solstheim on your own. You should be able to talk to the captain the windhelm docks and he will take you there.

Ah! Explains parts of it :) However, I have been to Solstheim via the boat in Windhelm but cannot seem to get it to start! Walked around the island for several days :)

Want to obtain the item for Shattered Legacy that need Dragonborn started :)

Ah! Explains parts of it :) However, I have been to Solstheim via the boat in Windhelm but cannot seem to get it to start! Walked around the island for several days :)

Want to obtain the item for Shattered Legacy that need Dragonborn started :)

well, there is an edit in the custom OMEGA CE plugin OI think that control when Dragonborn starts. I think if you delete that and then wait 30 days for cells to reset that should spawn the cultist and Dragonborn should start. 

Thank you very much for the guide Lexy!  Decided to start playing Skyrim again after a 3-4 year break and jumped straight into the stable version of your guide on the Nexus.  Getting everything installed took me almost two weeks of a couple hours here and there, probably almost 40hrs total, but I only ran into three small hiccups during the whole process:

1. I was changing all the .tga files to hidden until you let me know they aren't needed in SE so it's easier and saves space to just delete them. That one wasn't a guide issue, but a me issue since I hadn't modded SE before and didn't research enough.

2. Ran into a cyclic error running LOOT after the merged patches with NSUTR.  Came here and saw you had already posted the fix of pulling pro....roof.esp out of the merge.  Redid the merge following your new directions and everything worked.

3. I think I picked a bad time to start as there were a few mod updates and two guide updates between when I started and finished.  Nothing unbearable, just more changes than I was expecting for an 8 year old game.

Very thorough and well laid out guide.  I managed to install everything and threw in about half a dozen additional mods.  The only suggestion I would have is to add a disclaimer at the start of the guide to save a local html copy of the guide when you start.  Once you've finished downloading and installing everything check the changelog and make any required updates before continuing on to the zMerge section.  I didn't do this and almost had issues due to some mods being removed and others being added, but I caught that the guide had updated and was able to make the changes on the fly.  I think doing what I am suggesting definitely would have been easier though.

I've ran and ported around to random places for a couple hours and everything seems to be working with no CTD yet so it's time to play!  Thanks again for the guide!

both of these are merged so if you have done the merges make sure they are included if not ignore it won't be an problem by the time you have finished.

I have done all of the merges on the Merge page.  I also did all the LOOT metadata updates specified in the Merge page (but not the Bash Tags, since I don't know how to do that, and I saw something about it later on.).

The next step is the Finishing Line page, correct?  It starts by showing all the LOOT groups but the first actual instruction, if I'm reading it correctly, is the orange text telling us to sort the list in LOOT, which is what I'm currently trying to do.

Prior to running LOOT, I made sure to right-click in the left MO2 pane and select All Mods > Enable all visible, so all the plugins should be activated.

I have done all of the merges on the Merge page.  I also did all the LOOT metadata updates specified in the Merge page (but not the Bash Tags, since I don't know how to do that, and I saw something about it later on.).

The next step is the Finishing Line page, correct?  It starts by showing all the LOOT groups but the first actual instruction, if I'm reading it correctly, is the orange text telling us to sort the list in LOOT, which is what I'm currently trying to do.

Prior to running LOOT, I made sure to right-click in the left MO2 pane and select All Mods > Enable all visible, so all the plugins should be activated.

When you did the merges did you use the Merge Plugin Hide tool to hide the esps that got merged? Or did you just uncheck them on the right pane? If just unchecked LOOT will still see them so they need to be either hidden or moved to optional. This can be done manually or with the aforementioned tool.

Wicketklown/Phoenix,

When I did the merges, for each merge, I first disabled all mods in the MO2 left pane with right click > All Mods > Disable all visible.  Then I would activate only the mods with the esps needed for the merge (in the left pane), and then only those additional mods containing esps which the esps in the merge required as masters (also left pane).  If there were esps in the right pane that came from the mods providing required masters to the merge-required esps, that were not themselves required as masters, I would uncheck them in the right pane.

---(e.g. aaa.esp is needed for the merge; aaa.esp requires bbb.esp as a master.  The mod that contains bbb.esp also contains ccc.esp, which is not needed.  So I activate in the left pane both the mod containing aaa.esp and the one containing bbb.esp and ccc.esp, and then uncheck ccc.esp in the right pane.)

Then I would run LOOT, have it sort, then exit out and drag the esps I needed to the bottom of the right pane in the same order as the guide.  In zEdit, I chose zMerge from the dropdown, built the merge, only clicking the checkboxes next to the esps required for the merge (not the esps those esps required as masters).  Then I would create the merge and restart the process.

I know nothing about Merge Plugin Hide and couldn't find information about it in the guide, on google or youtube.

On another note, thank you for your video guide!  It is quite helpful and I was happy to subscribe.  I noticed that when you did the merge last ?October? it was still using the method I vaguely recognise from Oldrim, but since the guide author has changed the method I've had to deviate from your guide for this portion.

Edited by alphakay1488

Wicketklown/Phoenix,

When I did the merges, for each merge, I first disabled all mods in the left pane with right click > All Mods > Disable all visible.  Then I would activate only the mods with the esps needed for the merge, and then only those additional mods containing esps which the esps in the merge required as masters.  Then I would run LOOT, have it sort, then exit out and drag the esps I needed to the bottom of the right pane in the same order as the guide.  In zEdit, I chose zMerge from the dropdown, built the merge, only clicking the checkboxes next to the esps required for the merge (not the esps those esps required as masters).  Then I would create the merge and restart the process.

I know nothing about Merge Plugin Hide and couldn't find information about it in the guide, on google or youtube.

On another note, thank you for your video guide!  It is quite helpful and I was happy to subscribe.  I noticed that when you did the merge last ?October? it was still using the method I vaguely recognise from Oldrim, but since the guide author has changed the method I've had to deviate from your guide for this portion.

Merge Plugin Hide was added to the guide fairly recently (January 14th update I think). The link to it is in the pre-requisites section and I show the installing of it in this video (around the 2 minute mark) https://youtu.be/8Pc9rROe5SU

Once installed you can access it in MO via the puzzle icon at the top. I also recently released a 2 part video (around an hour long per video) showing all of the merges done with zEdit now.

My goodness, man, if you keep this up I'll owe you my firstborn soon.  You're an absolute legend.  Serves me right for not watching the entire 46-part series first ;)

One question: It looks like you're using the testing/dev version (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE) for your install,

and not the "stable" version (https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/User:Darkladylexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE), correct?  How much difference is there between the two?

EDIT: Apparently I had installed it as part of the prerequisites and just didn't remember.

Edited by alphakay1488

I’ve gotten through the guide to the section on MCM settings, but I can’t save my game. I have a few saves I made while getting the MCM configured, and they each took a very long time, (30+ seconds) but I can’t even fish the recommended MCM configuration before I start crashing before the save completes. Other than that, my game runs incredibly smooth and the save files I do have aren’t particularly large (about 8MB). Has anybody else run into this?