Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

suggestion for MCM section of the guide.  Save and exit after finishing the MCM setup.  Move the Campfire, Frostfall, and Fuz Ro D-oh files out of the Overwrite folder and into their mod folders.

Not a biggie, I just don't like seeing the exclamation point in MO every time I open it if they're left in Overwrite.

suggestion for MCM section of the guide.  Save and exit after finishing the MCM setup.  Move the Campfire, Frostfall, and Fuz Ro D-oh files out of the Overwrite folder and into their mod folders.

Not a biggie, I just don't like seeing the exclamation point in MO every time I open it if they're left in Overwrite.

or you could do what i do a trun off the warning in MO  ::D: 

Thank for trying to help, and I know no one owes anyone anything, but if you'd be willing to help more in-depth, maybe you'd be open to PM so I don't clutter the message board?  (E.g. I don't know what UAC is, mopy/WryeBash is a tool but we are explicitly told in the guide to put it in the SSE folder,; I have tools set up like you describe* but on a different drive is that okay *except WryeBash as mentioned, the Merge page mentions using "Merge Plugins hide" but I can't find on the guide or in the Goog/YT what the author means, how to do that, etc.)  And probably 10000 more.

Or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, should I just take the 95% solution and not worry about it as long as I'm not crashing since v5/v20 is on the horizon anyway?  Honestly my first few hundred Oldrim hours were with 0 mods or maybe like up to 5, I didn't know what the nexus was or mod organizer, and since then I've spent orders of magnitude more time trying to mod than actually playing, and I've yet to play SE.

I get that fora like these are really about people exchanging ideas, helping one another out, etc., and I am acutely aware that I'm really only asking for help without being able to help others in return, and I appreciate being allowed to stick around and the generosity from folks in this community.

At this point, the best way to do this is to go onto the Discord channel then... between myself and a bunch of others, you'll get most (if not all) the help you need. The channel can be found at the top of the main guide - hope to see you there.

Currently just "finished" the merges, running LOOT and I get Failed to sort plugins - cyclic interaction detected between 018Auri.esp and BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp.

As Lexy and others are trying to point out (and none of them were clear about this, so I'll throw in my attempt) - Both of the files you list are part of two different merges. Having finished those merges, all files that get merged need to either be set to Optional or Hidden in the MO2 file structure. The tool that you just found you HAD actually installed is the easiest way to accomplish that. Using it will hide all files that were used in the associated merges, which will bring your plugin count down significantly (which is good) and allow you to properly sort LOOT (which is also good).

3. I think I picked a bad time to start as there were a few mod updates and two guide updates between when I started and finished.  Nothing unbearable, just more changes than I was expecting for an 8 year old game.

Nope, not a bad time at all. You simply didn't know / understand that this guide gets updates every week. Every. Single. Week.

Welcome to our world. :)

My goodness, man, if you keep this up I'll owe you my firstborn soon.  You're an absolute legend.  Serves me right for not watching the entire 46-part series first ;)

One question: It looks like you're using the testing/dev version (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE) for your install,

and not the "stable" version (https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/User:Darkladylexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE), correct?  How much difference is there between the two?

You can't give up the Firstborn - that already belongs to Sheson (DynDOLOD author - trust me, it's in the Readme and, occasionally, on Load Screens in the game). Also, to clear this up, both versions of the guide are identical except between Monday and Wednesday... Lexy pushes changes to the STEP forum copy first to make sure all the kinks are worked out, then pushes to Nexus on Wednesdays... which you can see by her message earlier this morning. So really, it's not "Dev" and "Stable" versions... it's just two copies of the same thing that happen to be updated on different days.

or you could do what i do a trun off the warning in MO  ::D:

Well that works too. LOL.

Sooo. I got a couple hours into my game and started to dual wield like I usually end up doing and realized there's no dual wield blocking included in any of these combat mods which was always a must for me in past mod setups.  Found the SJG dual wield block/parry mod so I'm happy now.

I saw you post that there was another update to the stable Nexus version changing out the horse stuff so I might as well do those now too since I have to redo the bashing and smashing anyway to add in dual wield block.

Since I'm redoing all this I'm curious if anyone has any additional mod suggestions for me.  I already had everything from the guide plus these:

Complete Widescreen Fix and all related patches

Cassi - Healing mage follower (Toccata will be changed from guide to destruction mage probably)

Populated Cities Towns and Villages

Populated Lands Roads and Paths

Immersive World Encounters

Hunterborn

Hunterborn SE MCM

Hunting in Skyrim

Woodsman Shack

Any other additions anyone would recommend to go with what I've already chosen?  Hoping to make this the only rebuild before I ignore any guide changes and just play the game.  Legacy Skyrim I'm sure I had more time spent on Nexus and MO than actually playing the game.  Hoping to not repeat that, but I'm already ~40hrs in the hole.  LOL

Edited by stoudtlr

1. At this point, the best way to do this is to go onto the Discord channel then... between myself and a bunch of others, you'll get most (if not all) the help you need. The channel can be found at the top of the main guide - hope to see you there.

2. As Lexy and others are trying to point out (and none of them were clear about this, so I'll throw in my attempt) - Both of the files you list are part of two different merges. Having finished those merges, all files that get merged need to either be set to Optional or Hidden in the MO2 file structure. The tool that you just found you HAD actually installed is the easiest way to accomplish that. Using it will hide all files that were used in the associated merges, which will bring your plugin count down significantly (which is good) and allow you to properly sort LOOT (which is also good).

3. You can't give up the Firstborn - that already belongs to Sheson (DynDOLOD author - trust me, it's in the Readme and, occasionally, on Load Screens in the game). Also, to clear this up, both versions of the guide are identical except between Monday and Wednesday... Lexy pushes changes to the STEP forum copy first to make sure all the kinks are worked out, then pushes to Nexus on Wednesdays... which you can see by her message earlier this morning. So really, it's not "Dev" and "Stable" versions... it's just two copies of the same thing that happen to be updated on different days.

1. Oh golly, more of them social medias the kiddos are using these days . . . welp I suppose there's nothing for it.  Made myself an account and everything.  Cheers.

2. So just as I realised last night that I HAD installed it and phoenix had a video on it, Lexy said there was an update and to start from scratch so I went back to square one.  And yes, your explanation is much more lucid than the others, even though I still don't know *how* to use the tool yet, but as I said, Phoenix pointed out he has a video on that.

3.  Ahh, my mistake, thank you for clearing that up. ;)

2. So just as I realised last night that I HAD installed it and phoenix had a video on it, Lexy said there was an update and to start from scratch so I went back to square one.  And yes, your explanation is much more lucid than the others, even though I still don't know *how* to use the tool yet, but as I said, Phoenix pointed out he has a video on that.

After you create a merge and activate it click on the puzzle icon in Mod Organizer.  From that drop down choose "Merge Plugins Hide".  In the pop up right click on the Merged mod you just made and choose "Disable Plugins".  Close the window.

I have the eyes bug with race menu.

Should we use the 0.31 or 0.32 version ?  The Guide uses the 0.32 version however in the Forum Lexy said that she reverted to 0.31 due to bug in racemenu eyes (posted 4th Feb).

that should be solved by using the latest ENB from Boris and do the Racemenu ini tweak I mention and expired mentions too.

hey guys new strawpoll https://www.strawpoll.me/17423617 i can guess the answer but i would be interest to know all the same

that should be solved by using the latest ENB from Boris and do the Racemenu ini tweak I mention and expired mentions too.

hey guys new strawpoll https://www.strawpoll.me/17423617 i can guess the answer but i would be interest to know all the same

I tried to get Sofia as my follower for the first time with this setup. Every time I fast-traveled somewhere, she would show up butt naked until I took and then gave back any piece of her armor. Modesty is NOT that woman's strong suit.  :blink: