Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Will MO2 read BSA files without an esp. I thought MO2 could only read loose files without an esp. I was wondering because you do not have us extract the BSA located in Immersive College of Winterhold.

no, an esp is required to load any BSA even it a dummy. You don't need to extract the Immersive college of Winterhold BSA cos the main ESP that loads the BSA is unmerged.

I'm getting a weird glitch with what appears to be lighting and hair meshes. No matter what hair I put on my character, including vanilla, there's a weird "shadow" that shoots upward from my character's head in 3rd person, as if the mesh is blocking the light. It's most noticeable outside, especially during foggy or misty weather. Moving around makes the "shadow" randomly expand and contort. Does anyone know what's going on here and how I might fix it, short of playing exclusively in 1st person?

I'm getting a weird glitch with what appears to be lighting and hair meshes. No matter what hair I put on my character, including vanilla, there's a weird "shadow" that shoots upward from my character's head in 3rd person, as if the mesh is blocking the light. It's most noticeable outside, especially during foggy or misty weather. Moving around makes the "shadow" randomly expand and contort. Does anyone know what's going on here and how I might fix it, short of playing exclusively in 1st person?

this happen all the time even on NPC's it to with Particle textures thou don't know why and beyond my skills 

Check and see if you are using RaceMenu 3.2.  It was causing this same problem for me (as well as sunken eyes).  If that is the case you can revert back to RaceMenu 3.1 or there is a fix posted on the RaceMenu Nexus page in the "posts" section  that has you update the skee64.ini file.  I'ts an easy fix, or just revert back to 3.1.  Hoping this helps you, it was driving me nuts.

Check and see if you are using RaceMenu 3.2.  It was causing this same problem for me (as well as sunken eyes).  If that is the case you can revert back to RaceMenu 3.1 or there is a fix posted on the RaceMenu Nexus page in the "posts" section  that has you update the skee64.ini file.  I'ts an easy fix, or just revert back to 3.1.  Hoping this helps you, it was driving me nuts.

That's exactly what it was, and possibly a combination of my own hasty mistakes. I thought I had already made that fix before when I installed 3.2, but set EnableOverlays to 0 - not EnableFaceOverlays. Thanks for helping me sort this out

I'm hoping someone will have mercy on me and tell me what I've done wrong.  A small handful of mods won't merge for what looks like inability to find the mod because its looking in the main game directory, but I'm probably wrong. I'm going to use Imperial Mail error report as one example.  Others I've had the same issue with are 2/3 mods for the Song of Green merge, 3 DBG patches, the standalone oaks, and show to room. All the other merges and merges excluding those mods in their list work in zmerge.

================================================================================
Session started at Sat Feb 16 2019 13:55:30 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

Building merge Imperial Mail Merged
Merge Folder: C:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSSE_Modding\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE\mods\Imperial Mail Merged
Merge Method: Clamp

Load order:
[00] Skyrim.esm
[01] Update.esm
[02] Dawnguard.esm
[03] HearthFires.esm
[04] Dragonborn.esm
[05] LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
[06] BSAssets.esm
[07] BSHeartland.esm
[08] ImperialMail.esp
[09] ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
[0A] ImperialMail - DBM.esp
Unloading plugins

Loading 11 plugins...
============================================================
Loading resources from Skyrim - Misc.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Shaders.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Interface.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Animations.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures0.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures1.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures2.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures3.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures4.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures5.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures6.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures7.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures8.bsa
Loading resources from Skyrim - Patch.bsa
Loading resources from LegacyoftheDragonborn.bsa
Loading resources from LegacyoftheDragonborn - Textures.bsa
Loading resources from BSAssets.bsa
Loading resources from BSAssets - Textures.bsa
Loading resources from BSHeartland.bsa
Loading resources from BSHeartland - Textures.bsa
Loading Skyrim.esm (1/11)
Loading Update.esm (2/11)
Loading Dawnguard.esm (3/11)
Loading HearthFires.esm (4/11)
Loading Dragonborn.esm (5/11)
Loading LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm (6/11)
Loading BSAssets.esm (7/11)
Loading BSHeartland.esm (8/11)
Loading ImperialMail.esp (9/11)
Loading ImperialMail - Bruma.esp (10/11)
Loading ImperialMail - DBM.esp (11/11)
Done loading files.

Building references...
Building references for ImperialMail.esp
Building references for ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
Building references for ImperialMail - DBM.esp
Done building references

Preparing merge...
Merging into Imperial Mail Merged.esp
Added masters to merged plugin

Getting used FormIDs...
Getting used FormIDs in ImperialMail.esp
Getting used FormIDs in ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
Getting used FormIDs in ImperialMail - DBM.esp

Renumbering FormIDs...
Renumbering FormIDs in ImperialMail.esp
Renumbering FormIDs in ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
Renumbering FormIDs in ImperialMail - DBM.esp

Copying records...
Copying records from ImperialMail - DBM.esp
Copying records from ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
Copying records from ImperialMail.esp

Handling asset files...
Handling Face Data Files
Unloading plugins
[ERROR] Imperial Mail Merged failed to build:
Error: Path to copy doesn't exist C:\Games\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\xtures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\ImperialMail.esp\00020002.dds
    at generateNoSourceError (C:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSSE_Modding\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fs-jetpack\lib\copy.js:52:15)
    at checksBeforeCopyingSync (C:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSSE_Modding\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fs-jetpack\lib\copy.js:83:11)
    at Object.copySync [as sync] (C:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSSE_Modding\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fs-jetpack\lib\copy.js:150:3)
    at Object.copy (C:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSSE_Modding\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fs-jetpack\lib\jetpack.js:76:12)
    at copyAsset (file:///C:/Games/Modding/SkyrimSSE_Modding/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8370:20)
    at entry.assets.forEach.asset (file:///C:/Games/Modding/SkyrimSSE_Modding/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:5234:21)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at merge.faceData.forEach.entry (file:///C:/Games/Modding/SkyrimSSE_Modding/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:5233:30)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Object.handle (file:///C:/Games/Modding/SkyrimSSE_Modding/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:5232:28)

So, a new mod called Skyrim Together is coming out for Skyrim and Skyrim SE somewhat soon (they are still in closed beta but it is getting closer) will you be at some point planning to work that in to the guide? I personally think that being able to play with friends in this game (while being modded a lot) would be awesome!