Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

First and foremost i wanna thank Lexy and whoever else helped make the guide for their amazing work. It really set up my game nicely and, despite my noobiness, it alsto seems quite stable. So thanks! 

I have one problem tho. It seems that Ultimate combat removes any arrow sound that isn't an arrow hitting a NPC/creature (so flesh sounds). Basically i have no sounds when arrows hit walls/stone/wood with the mod active. I don't think it's a conflict with AoS or Immersive Sounds either, because even when running it standalone on a clean profile with those mods off these sounds are still missing. Anyone knows what could be up and how to fix this?

Apparently, from what i've read in the mod's discussion on Nexus, it seems the .dll may be the cause of this. Still don't know how to fix it, short of removing. Just in case, anyone can recommend an alternative to UC?

So, a new mod called Skyrim Together is coming out for Skyrim and Skyrim SE somewhat soon (they are still in closed beta but it is getting closer) will you be at some point planning to work that in to the guide? I personally think that being able to play with friends in this game (while being modded a lot) would be awesome!

Extremely unlikely - it is currently designed to work only with Vanilla Skyrim. As I understand it, putting any mod load on it (never mind one as massive as this) would be a simple non-starter.

So I can't seem to rebuild my Bashed Patch anymore. It keeps saying it requires Convenient Horses and Sofia Follower, even though I've completely deleted those mods, deleted the bashed patch and started from scratch. After rebuilding the patch, it still asks for them. It's also the only ESP that says it has missing masters. All of my other plugins, including the merges, are fine. None of them require those plugins.

Did you update the CR patches? Those would still have those files listed as masters as well.

I'm getting a lot of blurry views, as if water/ash is bothering my sight.  This happens at all times, no matter what - whether I'm stationary or moving.  It seems to be more noticeable when moving, but even then.

Is there a setting or something I can do to disable this?  It is actually somewhat distracting.

Thx

I'm getting a lot of blurry views, as if water/ash is bothering my sight.  This happens at all times, no matter what - whether I'm stationary or moving.  It seems to be more noticeable when moving, but even then.

Is there a setting or something I can do to disable this?  It is actually somewhat distracting.

Thx

Try using the MCM for Better Dynamic Snow/Ash and turn off the teary eyes effect? Like you said, that sounds like what it is. Maybe turning it off entirely will stop it.

Holy heck, that was a rabbit hole.  I ended up finding my answer in an announcement pinned on Mators discord.  I'm leaving an update in case anyone else has the same issue and no access to discord.  When I set up integration for zEdit/zMerge an extra \ inserted itself at the beginning of my path. So my path was C:\\Games\SteamLibrary2\ instead of the needed C:\Games\SteamLibrary2\. This happened while navigating to the folder, not manually typing.

Now my merges are working peachy keen.

I have a question about building your guide. I have been working on learning to Conflict Resolve using Fallout 4 and am wondering how you test mods. I know good modding practices include not adding, removing or updating mods. Can you please do a little write up of what you thought process is when deciding to add a new mod.

One other question I have is as much as I like extracting my mods in MO2, I know keeping them in BSA is better. Do you keep a build with your mods extracted so that you know whats overwriting what and do you test with that build. I am thinking the main mods I want to extract or landscape, weather, clutter and maybe lighting

Edited by Razorsedge877

Can you please do a little write up of what you thought process is when deciding to add a new mod.

Lexy: Hmmm... I like this mod.

*checks for conflicts in xEDIT*

*fixes conflicts*

*updates guide on Monday*

Community: CRAP! ANOTHER UPDATE!

*scrambles to update their Load Order*

-OR-

Lexy: No, sir. I don't like it.

*throws mod into trash*

Yes, there's likely more to it, but that's pretty close based on discussions in the Discord. ;)

• +1 1

I have a question about building your guide. I have been working on learning to Conflict Resolve using Fallout 4 and am wondering how you test mods. I know good modding practices include not adding, removing or updating mods. Can you please do a little write up of what you thought process is when deciding to add a new mod.

Lexy: Hmmm... I like this mod.

*checks for conflicts in xEDIT*

*fixes conflicts*

*updates guide on Monday*

Community: CRAP! ANOTHER UPDATE!

*scrambles to update their Load Order*

-OR-

Lexy: No, sir. I don't like it.

*throws mod into trash*

Yes, there's likely more to it, but that's pretty close based on discussions in the Discord. ;)

this pretty much it

• +1 1