Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

So I've spent the past few days giving this guide a try and I *thought* I had followed all the steps correctly but when I get to the testing point in the finishing line section im just getting an immediate CTD when skyrimse.exe attempts to launch.

I'm grateful for any suggestions anyone has as to where to start looking for problems, I can't see anything obvious is any of the log files some skse plugins create in the game install folder, nor can I see any sign of any major errors in LOOT or the load order (no missing masters or anything obvious).

I've attached my loadorder.txt below incase anyone can spot anything in it.

loadorder.txt

UPDATE:

in addition to the previous observations; I haven't been able to get my game to crash in interior spaces including cities (I've tested riften & whiterun thoroughly as well as a few other places)

my whiterun home has wooden slits (windows) on the top floor but looking through said slits just presents a greyish blue void.

riding around on a horse immediately outside whiterun produced no crash but venturing just a little further presented a ctd. this suggests my previous comments about horses were wrong and it was merely coincidental that horses were involved in the crash, perhaps because of the faster travel movement.

I couldn't get the new lands around ravenrock to crash, though the boatride in was buggy, moving either joystick would move the entire boat in weird ways.

I also tried spawning in at dawnstar and then I got a carriage ride to falkreath and had to spend over five minutes exploring to get a crash

blackreach was also totally fine

I struggled to make my game crash around the solitude docks area 

to i thought it could be the trees so i rode from solitude docks all the way along the coast without a crash.

then the spanner came. I spawned in markarth and rode around skyrim for probably at least a good 20 minutes until a crash. and I thought I had solved the issue (i unplugged all my controllers) but evidently not. I reloaded my original save and went back out into the wilderness and the game broke in the same spot.

so now I reckon that maybe there is a particular type of tree or maybe grass. or possibly something to do with NPC behaviour/spawning, as the naked stormcloaks I mentioned before are probably an indicator of something going wrong.

oh and for reference: im running solid hardware; ryzen 1700, gtx 1080 16gb ram

& i stuck to the guide exactly, only deviating to pick khajits without furry nipples in the feminine khajiit fomod and also picking a handful minidress vairents of armour in that vanilla armour overhall fomod thing.

and im running the version of the guide from feb 16th 

for consolidation, I will include the relevant info from my previous two posts below:

nvidia in-game overlay is active.. should i try to deactivate it. does anyone else have it running?

when horse riding everything is blurred out except me and the horse

the game starts in a window and i have to click on the window in order to make the game go fullscreen

it takes 1.25 - 2 minutes to load into the game world from launching skse

i came accross a naked and alive stormcloak soldier in small fight with another stormclaok, an imperial and a scavenger.

Any guidance would be super apreciated.

@xxPYROxxJONESxx

OK, that quite a list I will try my best to answer.

I have recently been getting report the that Havok fix has been causing CTD so try removing that if you are using.

I have also been hearing Wolf pup from Skyrim immersive creature is causing CTD so disable animal spawns in the MCM.

Naked NPC's usually message something is up with level so that means redoing the bash patch.

you can run in Borderless Windows by changing in the Skyrimpref.ini bBorderless=1 and bFull Screen=0 we will be making this change next update.

it will take a while to Load from Start to menu so don't stress over that.

I have left Nvidia Overly at it default which I guess in on.

your issue in breezehome sounds like a record has not been probably forwarded would need to dig into xEdit for that. 

sorry for the spam just trying to make it as easy as possible to help me.

find included my modlist and load order.

oh i also tried turning off spawns for everything in immersive creatures mcm and stood still in a problem area (next to explorers society spawn) and the game did crash eventually.

TIA

Where is your fnis?? Should be over Bash patch

• +1 1

@ Lexy

Hi,

Do you have an end goal for this Mod Package?  Reason to ask is I would love to start a totally fresh game and play through all the content, but my concern is you will add something else awesome or change something massively (Followers and Horses in the last month) and would really like a 'stable' platform.  I do remember you responding before to a message saying there was a Museum Update incoming which was going to be massive and would require a fresh start, do you have a time frame?

I know I can start now and simply ignore updates for any and all mods, but my OCD'ness kicks in when something changes and hence broken save, pain agony and another fresh start.

TIA

@ Lexy

Hi,

Do you have an end goal for this Mod Package?  Reason to ask is I would love to start a totally fresh game and play through all the content, but my concern is you will add something else awesome or change something massively (Followers and Horses in the last month) and would really like a 'stable' platform.  I do remember you responding before to a message saying there was a Museum Update incoming which was going to be massive and would require a fresh start, do you have a time frame?

I know I can start now and simply ignore updates for any and all mods, but my OCD'ness kicks in when something changes and hence broken save, pain agony and another fresh start.

TIA

there is no end date it will end when i become bored lol.

If you have the spacve you can do what many of us do and have 2 copies of teh guide 1 you play there other you maintain. I infact have 3 copies of this guide:

Cassandra build - Current play test

DEV Build - what i use to maintain the wiki

Test Build - My test Bench.

Where is your fnis?? Should be over Bash patch

By the nine! get this man a sweetroll. you sir are a god amognst men. crashes gone. now just to do a little housework.

though ive just had a look back at the finish line page and I cant see a mention of where to place FNIS? accidentally lost perhaps?

Edited by xxPYROxxJONESxx

ok so now I only have a few minor issues, not even sure if they are all issues. I'll happily play with them present but if anyone knows any fixes please toss them my way

depth of field goes into overdrive when on horseback

loot reports 3 errors & 4 dirty plugins

game freezes in loadscreens but loads regardless (similar to other games ive played like l4d2), dont think it increases their load time though (borderless window)

even though the game says that khajiit have 40+ eye colors they really only have two

shadows are weird and blocky on faces mainly and it doesn't occur all the time, but does in the racemenu for example.

If i redo the bash patch do i have to do anything else (other patches, new game, mcm etc?)

And now i just want to say thank you for being such a brilliant community and thank you Lexy and your disciples for building the best guide i have ever played. if you have a Darkladylexy social media account or anything id love to follow it, keep an eye on any future projects and be a more helpful part of the community next time. out of curiosity, are you into fallout? is it possible that some time after fo3/fnv remastered get released I may see you S.T.E.Ping up fallout?

By the nine! get this man a sweetroll. you sir are a god amognst men. crashes gone. now just to do a little housework.

though ive just had a look back at the finish line page and I cant see a mention of where to place FNIS? accidentally lost perhaps?

im proud to help you :)

But i wonder because i made a mistake. FNIS doesnt have an esp, so i couldnt see that you forgot it

SO if you forgot FNIS it is coincidence :D

ok so now I only have a few minor issues, not even sure if they are all issues. I'll happily play with them present but if anyone knows any fixes please toss them my way

depth of field goes into overdrive when on horseback

loot reports 3 errors & 4 dirty plugins

game freezes in loadscreens but loads regardless (similar to other games ive played like l4d2), dont think it increases their load time though (borderless window)

even though the game says that khajiit have 40+ eye colors they really only have two

shadows are weird and blocky on faces mainly and it doesn't occur all the time, but does in the racemenu for example.

If i redo the bash patch do i have to do anything else (other patches, new game, mcm etc?)

And now i just want to say thank you for being such a brilliant community and thank you Lexy and your disciples for building the best guide i have ever played. if you have a Darkladylexy social media account or anything id love to follow it, keep an eye on any future projects and be a more helpful part of the community next time. out of curiosity, are you into fallout? is it possible that some time after fo3/fnv remastered get released I may see you S.T.E.Ping up fallout?

DOF of Horseback not sure on that try turning off DOF in the ENBSeries.ini.

yes, there are a few dirty plugs these are OK and to expected ITM are not a bad thing.

we removed a lot of khajiit eye cos they look silly on a beast race bu double check Improved Skyrim Eyes

not sure about block shadows they usually an ini tweak.

the Social media I have is Discord and I do have a patron account now https://www.patreon.com/user?u=185725 I am trying a post a monthly updated of sorts there now

im proud to help you :)

But i wonder because i made a mistake. FNIS doesnt have an esp, so i couldnt see that you forgot it

SO if you forgot FNIS it is coincidence :D

really? because i have two! FNIS.esp & FNIS_PCEA2.esp. i had to move both to above bash patch to fix my game. I wonder why I have them? maybe i followed a step wrong??

@xxPYROxxJONESxx

you can run in Borderless Windows by changing in the Skyrimpref.ini bBorderless=1 and bFull Screen=0 we will be making this change next update.

might want to add an idiot check. in my experience running a game on a 4k screen with borderless window forces the window to become the native resolution. the only workaround I'm aware of is to change the resolution in windows.

hey, so the images below show the depth of field issue I have when on horseback. turning off martymcflymode in the DOF enb settings fixes it on horseback but at the cost of subtracting it from the normal perspective. is everyone's like this or am I missing something

oh and if redo my bash patch to fix leveled lists do i need to start a new game and or redo any other steps from the guide?

Edited by xxPYROxxJONESxx

hey, so the images below show the depth of field issue I have when on horseback. turning off martymcflymode in the DOF enb settings fixes it on horseback but at the cost of subtracting it from the normal perspective. is everyone's like this or am I missing something

oh and if redo my bash patch to fix leveled lists do i need to start a new game and or redo any other steps from the guide?

that just look like normal DOF to me personally i turn off DOF cos i hate it.