Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've finished the guide and have about 2 hours played and everything is working perfect.

One question about Re-shade/ENB; things are a bit dark in places using the BTS presets what's a good option? I see that Semirealis ENB is compatible with the weather mods in the guide, would that be a good combo?

Curious what everyone is using currently, I have a mid-high end PC.

I'm using ENB, not re-shade. I found Semirealis to be too dark and contrasty. Using Silent Horizons at the moment and I prefer it personally, it looked great out of the box with minimal tweaking.

I have been reverted/going back to just using solely this guide and nothing added to see if I could fix an annoying issue I have around Bleakwind Basin. Whenever approaching it or being near it or just above it, I always CTD within 1 minute or so. That is also on a new save whenever I go on a Main menu - > COC Riverwood (or COC Whiterunstables) -> Walk to the area. Always CTD'ing around that area. Just purely using everything as-is per guide, didn't fix it. So whatever it is, it wasn't any of the other stuff I added, but have removed.

Anywhere else I walk is just fine, except that area. I heard and read something about because it's the center of the map, that it's known to cause such issues. Has anyone experienced this? I can not walk west of Whiterun or I will crash.

Edited by Geo92

I've finished the guide and have about 2 hours played and everything is working perfect.

One question about Re-shade/ENB; things are a bit dark in places using the BTS presets what's a good option? I see that Semirealis ENB is compatible with the weather mods in the guide, would that be a good combo?

I found switching to the ReShade made interiors very dull, drab, poorly lit, so I kept the ReShade for texture enhancement and reinstalled Silent Horizons - I use both now. If you do the same, then check the Description page for the ReShade, there are some shaders to disable again.

I found switching to the ReShade made interiors very dull, drab, poorly lit, so I kept the ReShade for texture enhancement and reinstalled Silent Horizons - I use both now. If you do the same, then check the Description page for the ReShade, there are some shaders to disable again.

Which description page do you mean, are you using the BTS ReShade preset? I've been messing around with Silent Horizons it's quite good.

I'm using ENB, not re-shade. I found Semirealis to be too dark and contrasty. Using Silent Horizons at the moment and I prefer it personally, it looked great out of the box with minimal tweaking.

It needed a lot more tweaking for me, but it looks pretty good, thanks!

Which description page do you mean, are you using the BTS ReShade preset? I've been messing around with Silent Horizons it's quite good.

BTS, which says:

ReShade and ENB can be used together. If your favourite ENB handles things like colours and lighting well, but you feel the textures are still too soft, you can add this ReShade preset to sharpen things up. Toggle the Vibrance and LevelsPlus shaders off in the ReShade GUI and your performance hit will be next to nothing on top of the ENB.

I don't know anything about ReShade, so I'm assuming that leaving Vibrance and LevelsPlus shaders enabled would cause a conflict with ENB.

And is there a reason to prefer Ars Metallica over CCOR?  Especially since CCOR can eliminate a number of ESP's by itself (both cloak mods and bandoliers are unnecessary with CCOR, as they're all built in).

First, there's no reason to replace one with the other - they work fine together. Second, as Lexy mentioned, we are waiting for Krypt to update CCOR for SSE. I know there have been conversions done already, but they aren't Krypt. She's also indicated that when the SSE version does release, it will not have that built in support for Bandolier and Cloaks as it did in LE, so we will be saving nothing at that point anyhow. She is trying to clean up the code and make it easier to maintain, so that's just the breaks.

There HAS been some talk about replacing Ars Metallica with Honed Metal, but I'm not sure where the Devs are sitting on that concept at the moment.

This is very much a personal taste issue, but that said (and as other answers indicate), the setup I've seen mentioned most often is with SemiRealis with the Vibrance and LevelsPlus shaders of ReShade deactivated. It'll still take tweaking, but many on Discord have been pleased with the results. Personally, I'm using the straight ReShade, and it's working well enough for me after getting my monitor properly calibrated.

That said, with Vividian ENB and Weathers nearly upon us, another shift may be coming to the guide. Lexy's kinda mercurial like that, but we love her anyway.

Hello again,

Only have the DynDOLOD64 left to be finished with the guide.

I have run texgen64 and no issues created the mod  TexGen Output and activated it.

I run the dyndolod64 and I get error message when it's done.

Tried to copy paste the error message but I can't copy from the dyndolp window.

It does create the meshes, textures, dyndolop.esm and dyndolop.esp in my output folder.

Itching so bad to jump into the game but I guess it's a bad idea to do so till I've figured out what the error might be.

How should I proceed? How do I figure out what the error is?

Error info:

Exception in unit scripted line 345: One or more error occurred.

Check log lines above the exception for additional hints.

note: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen01_0006a9e6_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement

Edited by Ostegun

Nuked it a bit impatient I might be.

Well going through the merges and both KIC + RWT Patches Merged and Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged say for placement Directly after ---- Imperial Mail Merged

I believe Landscapes should say Directly after --- KIC + RWT Patches Merged.

Thought I'll point it out.

Hello there!

I'm at the end of the merging section on Lexy's LOTD Special Edition Consistency Patches Merged and been having this conflict: 

https://imgur.com/Q2a1vEf

Could you explain to me whats this conflict all about? I've redone the entire Loot Metadata instructions in both the main and merge guides but I still couldn't solve it for the life of me...

Hello there!

I'm at the end of the merging section on Lexy's LOTD Special Edition Consistency Patches Merged and been having this conflict: 

https://imgur.com/Q2a1vEf

Could you explain to me whats this conflict all about? I've redone the entire Loot Metadata instructions in both the main and merge guides but I still couldn't solve it for the life of me...

CRF ELE - Consistency Patch.esp and ELE_SSE.esp are included in ELE Merge so should be deactivated