Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hello, so I just started playing with this guide and I already encounter some "problems".

- iNeed status doesn't refresh itself, I need to go in the MCM menu and then the colors change (I don't even have the text notification while activated)

- My skills don't level, like i lockpicked 7 things and my skill is still at 25 and not improving at all.

- I went into the Catacombs. There were some skeletons lvl 1 while I was level 2. With a 13 damage sword (wildcat settings x1/x2) and I hit them like a fly. 20+ hits to kill one..

- Wildcat says it will sometimes takes the vanilla values? Why tho? i'm not setting damages output to get back what the vanilla offers from time to time.

So what is normal, what is not, i'm a bit lost.

1) Not sure what's going on there, but it sounds like script lag. When was this happening, and what else was going on at the time?

2) Normal. Experience changes the way that leveling works so that Skill Levels are capped by Player Levels. The base for this (IIRC) is Player Level + 20, so if you were levels 1-5 when you were picking locks, it wouldn't advance any.

3) Normal. Know Your Enemy and Know Your Armor change how combat works significantly - to your specific example, Skeletons are weak to blunt weapons, and are not effected much by bladed weapons or arrows.

4) Can I get a screenshot of this? I've not ever seen that message in-game, so I'm curious as to what it actually said and when.

I highly suggest reading and understanding all of the mod descriptions in the guide - there are some major game-play alterations that occur, and if you aren't expecting them it can mess with your head somewhat. 

1) Everytime. I heard my character cough but didn't notice anything on the HuD. So I went to the MCM to check if I activated the hud and yes.. back in the game, it appears and I need to do this everytime I want an update on the mod. I can wait 5 min, it's not refreshing so idk about script lag.

2) I did notice that after checking ini but didn't reply to avoid spam. This feature didn't pop off in my eyes when I downloaded the mod, was just like "yeah no more leveling by doing potions" xd

3) Overlooked this mod, my bad so.. it's much more needed that i thought!

4) Missread the translation.. yeah can't even understand my own language.. This and 3) seems to be the result of me being exhausted after all this modding xd

5) 10/10 reply, you are the GOAT! I will now make a memo about creatures resistances and enjoy the game!

heads up guys  I have made my decision over Vigilant I am going to pull it is not worth the hassle anymore

Sad to see it go, do you mind if I ask why? Just curious on your thought process.

Anyone having trouble with the "Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods Merge?" It seems every time I make it, Dragon Bridge patch doesn't hide. Should I just hide it anyway?

I'd recommend checking the merge again. From what your describing it sounds more like Dragon Bridge wasn't incorporated into the patch. Don't forget to run LOOT before and to make sure all the esp's you're merging have their masters enabled.

Link213109 Hi!

"Sad to see it go, do you mind if I ask why? Just curious on your thought process."......The latest Vigilant is now in .ESM format which isn't compatible with the present LOTD v4, it requires the previous .esp version, which at one stage was no longer available on Vigilant nexus page.....i believe that has changed. So with the .ESM, the patches and fixes incorporated in Lexy's CR will not work and will require a lot of unnecessary work for Lexy. When LOTD v5 is released, it will support the .ESM version....but for the purposes of the guide, Lexy has decided to pull it.....if you play with it on a present game, stick with it...It more for those that are still building the guide etc

1) Everytime. I heard my character cough but didn't notice anything on the HuD. So I went to the MCM to check if I activated the hud and yes.. back in the game, it appears and I need to do this everytime I want an update on the mod. I can wait 5 min, it's not refreshing so idk about script lag.

2) I did notice that after checking ini but didn't reply to avoid spam. This feature didn't pop off in my eyes when I downloaded the mod, was just like "yeah no more leveling by doing potions" xd

3) Overlooked this mod, my bad so.. it's much more needed that i thought!

4) Missread the translation.. yeah can't even understand my own language.. This and 3) seems to be the result of me being exhausted after all this modding xd

5) 10/10 reply, you are the GOAT! I will now make a memo about creatures resistances and enjoy the game!

Here to support, guy. With regards to 3/4... that happens a LOT around here. It's a lot of work, and if you don't take breaks, mistakes happen.

So far as iNeed is concerned, have you tried a reinstall of the mod? Just going through basic ideas here before we start hunting witches...

Anyone having trouble with the "Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods Merge?" It seems every time I make it, Dragon Bridge patch doesn't hide. Should I just hide it anyway?

Concur with Link... if it's not being hidden, it likely isn't in the actual merge list created by zMerge when you built the merge. I'd recommend rebuilding that merge from scratch (IE, in zMerge - delete the merge profile that you created and recreate it), and double-triple check your settings and checkmarks. 

Link213109 Hi!

"Sad to see it go, do you mind if I ask why? Just curious on your thought process."......The latest Vigilant is now in .ESM format which isn't compatible with the present LOTD v4, it requires the previous .esp version, which at one stage was no longer available on Vigilant nexus page.....i believe that has changed. So with the .ESM, the patches and fixes incorporated in Lexy's CR will not work and will require a lot of unnecessary work for Lexy. When LOTD v5 is released, it will support the .ESM version....but for the purposes of the guide, Lexy has decided to pull it.....if you play with it on a present game, stick with it...It more for those that are still building the guide etc

Bern hits the highlights, but to reiterate and maybe add a few more tidbits:

1) ESM version, but it's change, breaks a great many patches that are used for the mod. The effort to recreate them is substantial.

2) Many users on the discord have reported being... less than impressed (I'm being kind here...) with the storyline of Vigilant. I haven't played it myself, but the things I've heard about it make me less inclined to play it myself. 

3) Pulling it will mean an empty space in the museum, yes... but given that room is huge and largely empty anyhow, who'd notice?

4) Those tree things being (subjectively) true, the effort to recreate the patches far outweighs any gain.

5) Trumping all of that, Lexy doesn't really like it either.

6) The cheese stands alone (that for Uncle Sheo...).

For those who have it already in their game, and wish to keep it: DO NOT update your Lexy CR patches or the guide in general until you are done with the playthrough. As I understand it, this pull will happen this Monday with the regular update.

For those currently installing: If you want it, act fast and get it done before Monday. If you can't work that fast, then I'm afraid you'll be a bit out of luck and may have to do your own CR at that point.

Be Aware. ;)

Here to support, guy. With regards to 3/4... that happens a LOT around here. It's a lot of work, and if you don't take breaks, mistakes happen.

So far as iNeed is concerned, have you tried a reinstall of the mod? Just going through basic ideas here before we start hunting witches...

The translated version I took was the latest version, not the alpha one, that's why. It working as intended now :)

So I'm relatively new to modding, so it was likely a mistake trying to tackle something like this so early, but I don't want to just give up quite yet. While doing the script relinking, mine always winds up getting stuck on kynesgrove.bsa and then spews out this error.

https://gyazo.com/78d6a0dc5d247971d5057f1131d15484

Not too sure what I did wrong and any assistance would be much appreciated.

really when it comes to zEdit/zMerge i person to ask for help is Mator

Concur with Link... if it's not being hidden, it likely isn't in the actual merge list created by zMerge when you built the merge. I'd recommend rebuilding that merge from scratch (IE, in zMerge - delete the merge profile that you created and recreate it), and double-triple check your settings and checkmarks. 

I figured it's worth mentioning, because I know I ran into this problem with a couple of merges... If the ESP has certain types of dirty records (ones that are supposed to be overwrites, but the record in the original being overwritten isn't there anymore, for example; they show up in xEdit in italics), then the resulting merge patch created by zMerge will contain a reference to the ESP with the dirty records.  I had it happen during the Song Of The Green merge.  It's possible that the reason the mod won't hide every plugin in the merge is because the merged plugin still has a dependency on those plugins...