Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey guys I have updated Wrye Bash to version 307.201908081540.

Hi Lexy.

Would be nice with some sort off information about what is changed in newer versions off Wrye.

Does all these new versions actually make the patch better?

Latest wip build is 307.20908092052. Would it be better to always use latest wip build as a rule?

Hi Lexy.

Would be nice with some sort off information about what is changed in newer versions off Wrye.

Does all these new versions actually make the patch better?

Latest wip build is 307.20908092052. Would it be better to always use latest wip build as a rule?

Mercury71 hi! In terms of changes to the different versions, your best bet is to go onto Wyre Bash Discord channel, in  terms of which version....stick to what lexy says or the guide: reason....gives the dev team time to work with the new version and its comparability with the guide...on a rare case, Dyndolod had been updated and people changed to it with big problems, and we had to go back a version until the problem was addressed. So stick with what she says

• +1 1

Hi,

I can't unzip the Wrye Bash archive that the download link is currently linked to:

Wrye-Bash-307.201908101741-Standalone-Executable

I keep getting an error message "Unsupported Compression Method" with every file listed in the archive.  I have tried 7zip 19.00 both 64 and 32 bit versions, as well as a few older versions of the program, and none of then let me unzip it.  

dan.

Hi,

I can't unzip the Wrye Bash archive that the download link is currently linked to:

Wrye-Bash-307.201908101741-Standalone-Executable

I keep getting an error message "Unsupported Compression Method" with every file listed in the archive.  I have tried 7zip 19.00 both 64 and 32 bit versions, as well as a few older versions of the program, and none of then let me unzip it.  

dan.

sorry about that I have fixed the link

Just a quick word on the WB link issues the past few days:

We have confirmed that WB is gearing up for a full public release. The links we were using previously were all for 'nightly' builds that hadn't been getting updated frequently, so it wasn't a big deal to change them as it happened. That changed about five days ago, and we have seen version changes as many as six times in a single day.

Discord user Evertiro, one of the Help Desk Minions, happens to keep copies of all the WB versions he uses, and has made a version available through one of his own sites to make things easier on us in the meantime. As of last night, both the STEP and Nexus Guides should have the correct link and should work as intended. Big kudos to him for helping us out on this.

Thanks also to all of you for you patience while we worked this out. It was as much a pain for us as for you - believe me. ;)

While I'm here, just as a general thing, note that a number of mods have updated since the last Guide Update in July. Most of these can be updated with no issues, but the instructions on the guide may not match what shows up in a FOMOD. For those, we do have instruction sets pinned in the Discord channels for those who need them - a discord search should lead you to those in short order. Last I heard, Lexy said the earliest that a guide update will likely happen is September 5, and it may be the following Monday before any update occurs, depending on how easy it is.

Your patience for all of this is, as I said earlier, greatly appreciated. Now go play the game, dangit.

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone on here can shine some light on a new problem I just ran into. I went through the entirety of Lexy's incredible guide for a new Skyrim playthrough and came to the finishing touches part when I discovered that somehow a majority of my mods in the Mods folder of Mod Organizer 2 are either partly or completely empty. Obviously, the game did not launch. Folders ranging from the SKSE Scripts folder to the final mod in the guide had most or all of their data missing. Many have only the meta file in them. This obviously wasn't the case at the point of installation for individual mods, because I was able to open explorer views of them and remove pieces that Lexy instructed not to install, but somehow SO MUCH data has simply disappeared. Before I go back through the whole guide again, I'd like to identify why and how so much data was deleted. Anyone familiar with this issue? 

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone on here can shine some light on a new problem I just ran into. I went through the entirety of Lexy's incredible guide for a new Skyrim playthrough and came to the finishing touches part when I discovered that somehow a majority of my mods in the Mods folder of Mod Organizer 2 are either partly or completely empty. Obviously, the game did not launch. Folders ranging from the SKSE Scripts folder to the final mod in the guide had most or all of their data missing. Many have only the meta file in them. This obviously wasn't the case at the point of installation for individual mods, because I was able to open explorer views of them and remove pieces that Lexy instructed not to install, but somehow SO MUCH data has simply disappeared. Before I go back through the whole guide again, I'd like to identify why and how so much data was deleted. Anyone familiar with this issue? 

Bemused Hi! Out of curiosity, do you use CCleaner by any chance, and if you do, do you have "windows event logs" ticked when you run CCleaner?: "Notice: The paid for version of ccleaner is known to break Mod Organizer 2's Virtual Filing System (VFS). Unchecking the 'windows event logs' option under ccleaner's advanced tab will help ensure this doesn't happen. Also make sure the Profile Folder Remains in the same location of Mod Organizer 2 as all the base files" This applies to the unpaid version as well

Bemused Hi! Out of curiosity, do you use CCleaner by any chance, and if you do, do you have "windows event logs" ticked when you run CCleaner?: "Notice: The paid for version of ccleaner is known to break Mod Organizer 2's Virtual Filing System (VFS). Unchecking the 'windows event logs' option under ccleaner's advanced tab will help ensure this doesn't happen. Also make sure the Profile Folder Remains in the same location of Mod Organizer 2 as all the base files" This applies to the unpaid version as well

Hi Berndaroy! Short answer - nope.

Long answer - I normally use CCleaner, so my initial reaction was "oh of course!"... unfortunately (fortunately) I'm on a new computer - which was part of my gusto for trying for Lexy's whole guide - and do not have CCleaner installed yet. The highlighted bit above is really good to know though.

I can't say I've ever heard of anything like that happening before... I'm wondering if, somehow, an overly aggressive AV did something there. Like... Terminator Aggressive. I'm am certain it wasn't anything MO2 or any of the tools did, so I honestly have no clue as to how that might have happened. All I can say is that I hope you kept all the downloads to make the re-installation easier... otherwise, that's another couple of days work to get through first.

• +1 1

Hi, I've reached the Finish Line portion of the guide "Time for a Quick Test."

Tragically, when I attempt to start the game, the SKSE pop-up appears briefly but game itself does not. I've tried to be meticulous about each installation, but after spending days on this guide I'm wondering where it might be possible that I have gone wrong.

One potential issue is that the downloaded Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patch Merged.esp, and the OMEGA Followers and NPC - Conflict Resolution.esp are both missing master files, as I chose not to download the Song of the Green or the Mrissi Tail of Trouble mods. 

Alternatively, is there anything someone can suggest to determine why this crash is occurring? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

Tragically, when I attempt to start the game, the SKSE pop-up appears briefly but game itself does not. I've tried to be meticulous about each installation, but after spending days on this guide I'm wondering where it might be possible that I have gone wrong.

One potential issue is that the downloaded Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patch Merged.esp, and the OMEGA Followers and NPC - Conflict Resolution.esp are both missing master files, as I chose not to download the Song of the Green or the Mrissi Tail of Trouble mods. 

Alternatively, is there anything someone can suggest to determine why this crash is occurring? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

Firstly if you have chosen not to use song of green and Mrisssi tail, YOU WILL have to clean Lexy's CR patches of those masters. On Lexy's guide at the top, look for troubleshooting and at the bottom of that page is two methods on how to do this. One other thing to look at is Landscape Environment and Tree and Flora merges are done correctly, and ensure that mods in those merges have had an special instructions or esp replace done. The Tree and Flora merge done in the "Clean - Merge down (improved) method" and dyndolod folder from bent tress 2 copied into merge etc.In short MAKE sure all special instructions or post merge instruction are done

Edited by berndaroy

It'll be the missing masters. That's always a CTD at the point described. The rest of Bern's answer isn't wrong, but it's getting ahead of the actual problem at this point. Any time a master file is not installed/activated, the game WILL crash on load. You have two options here, realistically. Either clean out those masters from the files you noted using the instructions Bern directed you to, or download the files and use them. Honestly, I can't think of a reason no to have them in anyhow... both can be ignored/never recruited, so it's not like it impacts the gameplay over much, and it's far easier than cleaning a file of unwanted masters - especially if you've never done anything like that in xEdit before.

Also, if this is your first installation of the guide, I would direct you to the guide's recommendation for all first-time installers: Install everything the first time, make sure it works, THEN start making alterations, additions, and deletions. Otherwise, it becomes a nightmare to troubleshoot for the guide devs and moderators.

Edited by Shadriss

Hi!

Like Lexy said, either of those followers can be safely ignored in game and never recruited.  At which point they're not a problem.

If you're still having crash before launch after sorting that mess out, I'll point out something that stymied me.

Go back to the modding portion of the guide and CTRL+F for BSA EXTRACTED.

Then go through, one by one, and for each one go to the 'Archives' tab of your MO2 window and find the mod in there.  Right-click, and hit 'extract' and extract the BSA to the Mod's folder.  If you don't do this, then any one of the mods can and will cause a similar crash before launch.  Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions, for example, will definitely cause a pre-launch crash if its BSA isn't extracted.

After this, you'll need to repack any merges that are involved with the mods whose BSA's you extracted.

While I'm here:

I'm having an issue, I think.  Maybe.

I'm like level 12, Adept difficulty.  I'm wearing Exquisite Ranger armor, and exquisite weapon and shield.

I'm just getting wrecked.  I just had a bandit chief one shot me with a dagger.  If I block him, he two-shots me.

Did I screw something up in the modding process?  Is Light Armor just worthless because of Know Your Enemy?  Or do I just need to "get good?"

Edited by chainsawsam

I want to say thank you.  I am 47 , beginner modder.  Your instructions have been wonderful.  I was scared to death to try MO2, Dynolod, well heck all of the tools.  But I grabbed a coffee and 3 days later was playing.  I have only had 1 issue but after hitting the troubleshooting page I seen I mucked up a merge :)  Right now my teen son is saying "what the heck Momma your Skyrim looks great show me" heehee.  So i sent him to your page. Thank you all for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and tolerance for those of us not worthy. You are amazing.

• +1 1