Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hello, just trying to install everything and it seems that all mods made by luxor8071 are gone from nexus (all skyrim mods)

that was "okay" until i got to [Landscape Overhaul HD]

This is a core mod   

What should i do now?

Luxor recently annoyingly pulled all his mods you can safely skip them. You could look at MystiriousDawn stuff instead this is probably what i would do when i next update.

I'm having an issue, I think.  Maybe.

I'm like level 12, Adept difficulty.  I'm wearing Exquisite Ranger armor, and exquisite weapon and shield.

I'm just getting wrecked.  I just had a bandit chief one shot me with a dagger.  If I block him, he two-shots me.

Did I screw something up in the modding process?  Is Light Armor just worthless because of Know Your Enemy?  Or do I just need to "get good?"

There are so many factors that now go into this, it's hard to say. Not just that the bandit has a dagger, but what material? Pretty sure Ranger armors are all leather, which doesn't provide a lot of protection against a lot of weapon types, dagger included. Light/Heavy doesn't matter as much anymore - it's not a pure numbers game. Material that the armor is made of is far more important. 

In short, you haven't screwed anything up (likely). It's not about Light vs. Heavy so much as it is leather/cloth vs metal. And "get gud" prob'ly applies a bit here as well. As the guide says - this ain't your father's Skyrim anymore.

I want to say thank you.  I am 47 , beginner modder.  Your instructions have been wonderful.  I was scared to death to try MO2, Dynolod, well heck all of the tools.  But I grabbed a coffee and 3 days later was playing.  I have only had 1 issue but after hitting the troubleshooting page I seen I mucked up a merge :)  Right now my teen son is saying "what the heck Momma your Skyrim looks great show me" heehee.  So i sent him to your page. Thank you all for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and tolerance for those of us not worthy. You are amazing.

:)

Hello, just trying to install everything and it seems that all mods made by luxor8071 are gone from nexus (all skyrim mods)

that was "okay" until i got to [Landscape Overhaul HD]

This is a core mod   

What should i do now?

I posted this announcement on the Discord Server last night, forgot to post it here. So I'll just add on to Lexy's comment:

Luxor has, for whatever reason, left the community. While he has left all of his FO4 work in place on the Nexus, he has somewhat inexplicably removed all of his LE/SSE works. A quick review by some of the guide Devs shows that everything of his we were using were texture replacers. This means that the (arguably) good news is that the only effect on the guide, currently, is that we don't have his textures. They can, for the moment, be safely skipped during guide installation with no other side effects.

As Lexy has indicated, there will be replacements in the next guide update, so my personal recommendation is to wait for that before replacing them yourself, unless you really just can't wait that long. Other texture replacers in the guide still cover a great many of those same textures, so they won't be vanilla.

The Guide Prayer:

"Now I sit me down to mod,

Hope I don't screw up somewhere,

If the game should crash before I play,

I'll not rage-quit and walk away."

Or something like that. ;)

You Sir are a poet......a pur-a-dee fine poet......perhaps it might find a place on discord or top of the guide?!

There are so many factors that now go into this, it's hard to say. Not just that the bandit has a dagger, but what material? Pretty sure Ranger armors are all leather, which doesn't provide a lot of protection against a lot of weapon types, dagger included. Light/Heavy doesn't matter as much anymore - it's not a pure numbers game. Material that the armor is made of is far more important. 

In short, you haven't screwed anything up (likely). It's not about Light vs. Heavy so much as it is leather/cloth vs metal. And "get gud" prob'ly applies a bit here as well. As the guide says - this ain't your father's Skyrim anymore.

Just reviewed the mod a bit more in depth.  Seems like the weapons and armor I tend to prefer sort of suck (how come any time someone makes a mod like this they've got to **** all over swords?)

I don't suppose it would be easy to remove.  It's listed as a master in a couple of Lexy's patches.

Oh, and I ran into an issue with Tactical Valtheim last night.

Coming down the road from Whiterun, the towers on the right side of the road are inaccessible because the mountainside clips through them.  Probably load order related, but I'm unsure how to go about fixing it, and without any LOOT changes it'll probably affect more than me.

Hello one of my friends was asking me if I thought their GTX 980 would be up to par with Skyrim SE for this guide. I couldn't really say as my experience has been with my 1080 Ti which has almost triple the VRAM of the 980 and they also have a 1440p monitor as well that they will be using. Does anyone know or think their 980 will work well?

This might be a stupid question, but I was installing the guide and noticed there were a bunch of patches for Morrowloot, but the actual mod isn't actually in the guide? Did I miss something or do you really not install Morrowloot?

OMEGA provides an MLU.ESP... so it's in there, just not under that name, per se.

Just reviewed the mod a bit more in depth.  Seems like the weapons and armor I tend to prefer sort of suck (how come any time someone makes a mod like this they've got to **** all over swords?)

I don't suppose it would be easy to remove.  It's listed as a master in a couple of Lexy's patches.

Oh, and I ran into an issue with Tactical Valtheim last night.

Coming down the road from Whiterun, the towers on the right side of the road are inaccessible because the mountainside clips through them.  Probably load order related, but I'm unsure how to go about fixing it, and without any LOOT changes it'll probably affect more than me.

You think swords get a beating? Take a look at what happens to arrows - my Stealth archers have all had to go to Knight School (get it?) to learn some swordplay, and they all hate it.

As to Valtheim, I've not heard anyone else having a problem, so it is likely related. IIRC, the original mod in LE (which, obviously, we're using) noted a patch in it's FOMOD... we can't use the patch, but it might give an idea in which direction to look.

But what resolution are in playing Skyrim in? also that card has 8Gb of VRAM the 980 has only 4Gb

Instankor hi: My graphics card is only a gtx780 4gb, and i can play this guide. However it is starting to struggle. You friend just needs to be wise about how they do things. Stick to 2k textures and or possible under(1k), don't add to many script heavy mods on top of this guide and will have to run dyndolod on lower settings. Lexys old gpu was a 980 and she built this guide around it........again the recommended vram for this guide is really a minimum of 6gb, but as said, i am playing with an older card.

• +1 1

Hello,

I'm new to the community. Despite my high age of 67 years, I am quite familiar with computers. I've been playing Skyrim for a few years and now I'm trying a slightly more complex modding with the SE. First of all, I want to pay big big tribute to your work, everything explained in detail and perfectly formatted!

I set up a system as close as possible to the guide. I have a problem installing "19.2 [Nether's Follower Framework]". There I should add:

Loot Metadata Update Required:
nwsFollowerFramework.esp- Add to Merge Patches Group

If I launch Loot without MO2 the item "Open Groups Editor" will be present and I can add "Edit Metadata" to skyrim.esm (it is of course the only existing plugin) with a dropdown to a group. When I start Loot with MO2 neither the "Open Groups Editor" item is available nor I can add the plugins to a group - I can only assign priorities. In the Doc to Loot I found no solution.

Help would be very welcome.

Best regards, ProfKnibble

translated with Aunt Google