Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Finally managed to complete the guide after a couple of weeks to make sure I had everything ready (luckily I downloaded Luxor's mods before he went MIA) but I seem to be facing a small issue.

Mainly, Galmar's armor is completely white https://imgur.com/a/c9GMuph

I reinstalled aMidianBorn's stormcloak officer armour but that didn't fix it. Any idea on what to do?

Nevermind, managed to fix it by reinstalling Immersive Armors.

Hello,

I'm new to the community. Despite my high age of 67 years, I am quite familiar with computers. I've been playing Skyrim for a few years and now I'm trying a slightly more complex modding with the SE. First of all, I want to pay big big tribute to your work, everything explained in detail and perfectly formatted!

I set up a system as close as possible to the guide. I have a problem installing "19.2 [Nether's Follower Framework]". There I should add:

Loot Metadata Update Required:

nwsFollowerFramework.esp- Add to Merge Patches Group

If I launch Loot without MO2 the item "Open Groups Editor" will be present and I can add "Edit Metadata" to skyrim.esm (it is of course the only existing plugin) with a dropdown to a group. When I start Loot with MO2 neither the "Open Groups Editor" item is available nor I can add the plugins to a group - I can only assign priorities. In the Doc to Loot I found no solution.

Help would be very welcome.

Best regards, ProfKnibble

translated with Aunt Google

Save the Loot stuff for the Finishing Line, after you've finished installing all the mods. 

OK guys this is a heads up I have decided with work on the New STEP guide started I am going to basically stop maintaining the current STEP guide and only concentrate on maintaining Nexus while rebuilding the new STEP guide. There really is no point maintaining the old STEP version cos we know it will be going, in a few months time.

Hey, working on this guide the past couple weeks as I've had time, no issues so far until I've gotten to skin and body retextures.

Personal taste, I don't really want to have nudity in my game, especially if my little kids come running in the room. I've skipped the optional files under NPC retextures Section; On Vitruvia for males and UNP Blessed body did no nudity options.

From ready earlier I'd have to copy some files to Bijin Skin to add underwear back on, but not sure what/where files should be replaced? Also for feminine Khajit and Argonian textures I went with Vanilla option instead of UNP as it's clothed from pictures - any issues with that?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Instankor hi: My graphics card is only a gtx780 4gb, and i can play this guide. However it is starting to struggle. You friend just needs to be wise about how they do things. Stick to 2k textures and or possible under(1k), don't add to many script heavy mods on top of this guide and will have to run dyndolod on lower settings. Lexys old gpu was a 980 and she built this guide around it........again the recommended vram for this guide is really a minimum of 6gb, but as said, i am playing with an older card.

Ah ok, thanks for chiming in, nice too hear others are running this guide with lower spec cards!

Guys, I've got an issue, and it's a 99 gold ore sized issue since I just cleared out kolskgeggar mine. I just updated everything to the lastet version of the guide as of two days ago, started a clean save, and I don't have the recipie for smelting gold ingots from this gold ore I've got.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to fix this? 

(also like, where would I go looking around in xEdit to see what kinds of recipies I have/how I get them? If something like this crops up in the future that would be great knowledge to have)

Edited by Arrok

Hey, working on this guide the past couple weeks as I've had time, no issues so far until I've gotten to skin and body retextures.

Personal taste, I don't really want to have nudity in my game, especially if my little kids come running in the room. I've skipped the optional files under NPC retextures Section; On Vitruvia for males and UNP Blessed body did no nudity options.

From ready earlier I'd have to copy some files to Bijin Skin to add underwear back on, but not sure what/where files should be replaced? Also for feminine Khajit and Argonian textures I went with Vanilla option instead of UNP as it's clothed from pictures - any issues with that?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

I use a SFW version of the guide as well. The only changes you need to make are as follows... if it's not listed, you can go with the guide's setup:

a) When available for a mod, use the non-nude versions (you have already done this).

b) Locate, download, and install the Bijin Nevernude patch. You can place this at the end of the load order, after all merges have been completed but before any of the finishing line mods.

c) After installing the TMB armors, go into the file structure and delete the Hide Armor folder - the author made a vary odd decision here in making the male version of it apply to females, and the result is... uncomfortable looking and decidedly non SFW.

So far as the Khajit and Argonian mods, you can install the UNP versions as the guide recommends - the other changes I note above apply to them as well, as those mods are the skins only, not anything that will change them to nude versions.

Guys, I've got an issue, and it's a 99 gold ore sized issue since I just cleared out kolskgeggar mine. I just updated everything to the lastet version of the guide as of two days ago, started a clean save, and I don't have the recipie for smelting gold ingots from this gold ore I've got.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to fix this? 

(also like, where would I go looking around in xEdit to see what kinds of recipies I have/how I get them? If something like this crops up in the future that would be great knowledge to have)

IIRC, you need Mystical Smithing (or whatever the perk is that allows you to temper enchanted items) to do anything with gold or silver... this was done to prevent a few exploits in the early-ish game, among other reasons. In other words... normal, expected. Learn to swing a hammer more. ;)

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

IIRC, you need Mystical Smithing (or whatever the perk is that allows you to temper enchanted items) to do anything with gold or silver... this was done to prevent a few exploits in the early-ish game, among other reasons. In other words... normal, expected. Learn to swing a hammer more. ;)

Alright, after I posted I started thinking that was the issue and lo and behold it is. Cheers and time to praise Zenithar. Also figure out where to stash all this gold in the meantime

Edited by Arrok

I use a SFW version of the guide as well. The only changes you need to make are as follows... if it's not listed, you can go with the guide's setup:

a) When available for a mod, use the non-nude versions (you have already done this).

b) Locate, download, and install the Bijin Nevernude patch. You can place this at the end of the load order, after all merges have been completed but before any of the finishing line mods.

c) After installing the TMB armors, go into the file structure and delete the Hide Armor folder - the author made a vary odd decision here in making the male version of it apply to females, and the result is... uncomfortable looking and decidedly non SFW.

So far as the Khajit and Argonian mods, you can install the UNP versions as the guide recommends - the other changes I note above apply to them as well, as those mods are the skins only, not anything that will change them to nude versions.

Thanks Shadriss, that's detailed for what I was looking for, appreciate it!

Edited by blitzred

I've gotten near the finishing line and was doing the test just prior to making the bashed patch. I do get a CTD when trying to enter either college of winterhold exterior or marketh shrine of dibella.

Other locations work fine

I've reinstalled the stunning statues including copy/pasting the changes to the directory specified, same issue. I made a test profile with just stunning statues active and no issues there.

Is this still an incorrect install of stunning statues and any ideas of how to correct? Or is this a conflict that should get resolved with the final bashing/patching stages and I should proceed?

Please forgive above post, was able to work it out, reinstalled everything on the statues again and with bashed patch no longer had CTD on checking those areas.

Now to figure out why I'm getting infinite loading screen when enabling smash patch and the smash override - checking for errors didn't turn up any

Please forgive above post, was able to work it out, reinstalled everything on the statues again and with bashed patch no longer had CTD on checking those areas.

Now to figure out why I'm getting infinite loading screen when enabling smash patch and the smash override - checking for errors didn't turn up any

there is a know issue with Aventus from RS Children and SAMSH forwarding a error load up xEdit and see it has been forwarded if it has simply delete the error  

step 1 load your whole load order is xEdit

Step 2 search for 00014132 (AventusAretino from RS Children)

Step 3 look for Packages (aligned) record and see if there are any errors

Step 4 delete all error in Packages (aligned) record from every plugin

Step 5 exit and save.