Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Would still like a confirmation on this please. I went ahead and just put the 1 script and overwrote for now. :)

-------------

Some minor things I also noticed going though the guide.

For consistency sake, the guide should probably use 2k textures for Toccata since it uses 2k for all other npc textures/armors. It also seems weird to install the high res skin textures for seranholic/valerica but then not for Bijin Wives/NPCs/Warmidens. The same with Ancient Dwemer Metal/Ancient Automations mods, 4K textures seem unnecessary on VRAM and all other similar mods in the guide use 2K.

We use the Uncapper only to allow for skills and the like to surpass vanilla values. Nothing has been altered, that I'm aware of, from the vanilla leveling curve. Experience removes XP gain from Skill Leveling, and uses events (discovery, quest completion, etc) to replace the XP that was provided by Skill Leveling, but the amount of XP from Player Level to Level has not been changed. I hope that makes sense to you... let me try it this way as well. The XP values needed to level your player character have not changed, only what it providing the XP - vanilla values are, to the best of my knowledge, still used.

As to the other - I'm not sure how you got the impression we were trying to be consistent. The options and mods chosen are at the whims of her Dark Majesty Lexy - if she wants them to appear a certain way, that how she does'm. ;) It's a touch mad... but that's Lexy.

Thanks Shadriss for the news!  Yes they are very great textures so that's why I want to keep them for now... (hopefully if he release new version I hope it will tell which corresponding packages match the old ones :-) That will make things easier.

Have a great week all.

As I understand it, the packs released will be thematic in nature - it should be easy to figure out which ones are released in which pack. That remains to be seen, of course, but so goes the plan I've heard.

Is it possible to swap to Vokrii instead of Ordinator? Anything I should look out for? There's some mods that oddly have patches for coordinator (like CLARALUX), but I have no idea what they do.

Best place to ask that is on Lexy's Discord server, in the #non-guide-mods channel. I know of a few people who have done exactly that, but I am not one of them, and this forum isn't the place to figure that out, as it's for support of the full and official guide, not custom versions of it.

I do have a question tho.. Suppose I do not care for Ordinator, would it be a real pain for me to remove it? ( and stay close to the LOTD build)?

As with the previous person, best place to ask about that is on the Server... it should be possible, but more and smarter people than I will be able to help you out more in an area designed for those kind of questions. On a quick think through, I think it'd be relatively easy, but it would have to be a very deliberate process to make sure nothing was missed.

• +1 1

Is there any plans to officially support Wabbajack? Could turn a 20+ hour installation into an hour or two. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/culbr6/wabbajack_07_released_modlist_autoinstaller_for/

As the comments say, it even supports all the little edits the guide does, as well as 3rd party sites such as dropbox. It would definitely increase popularity with the guide and ensure everyone is on the exact same page for testing. There's little room for error.

Edited by nanord

Is there any plans to officially support Wabbajack? Could turn a 20+ hour installation into an hour or two. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/culbr6/wabbajack_07_released_modlist_autoinstaller_for/

As the comments say, it even supports all the little edits the guide does, as well as 3rd party sites such as dropbox. It would definitely increase popularity with the guide and ensure everyone is on the exact same page for testing. There's little room for error.

no support will be given for Wabbajack or Automation.

no support will be given for Wabbajack or Automation.

I completely understand. Thanks for the reply. My paranoia got the best of me and I decided to stay away from automation. :)

---

I just followed the guide and have some advice. I think you could cut down significantly on the time needed to set this up with a few simple tweaks:

- Specify before installing mods that you don't need to run LOOT or Wyre Bash to update rules and tags after each mod. Had I know you listed all these right at the end, I would have done them in one go (saves a lot of time).

- Include your merge MO2 profiles which has all those merges already setup, then we just have to switch to them and make the merges in zMerge as normal. This would save hours and is the most tedious part of the guide to do. This would also mean you don't have to include the premade LOTD merge due to it's complexity. I feel this is by far the most complex and user error prone part of the guide and it can be easily solved by premade profiles.

- Include a LOOT userlist.txt file which has all the LOOT rules already in it, just have people drop it into appdata folder after the initial LOOT setup in step 1. This also sets up LOOT groups correctly.

- Include a list of all the CAO conversions right at the end, with their settings, and have people do them then. Closing MO2 after every mod that needs this takes a lot of extra time.

Basically instead of install mod > do all these tasks for it > go to next mod, we'd install all mods > then do these tasks in one go without exiting the programs. I think form conversions, xEdits, and manual file system edits should still be done on a per mod basis since you close the program between tasks anyway.

Edited by nanord
  • +1 1

- Include your merge MO2 profiles which has all those merges already setup, then we just have to switch to them and make the merges in zMerge as normal. This would save hours and is the most tedious part of the guide to do. This would also mean you don't have to include the premade LOTD merge due to it's complexity. I feel this is by far the most complex and user error prone part of the guide and it can be easily solved by premade profiles.

Scratch that one. Won't work unless we all installed mods with the exact same names. Not likely.

I completely understand. Thanks for the reply. My paranoia got the best of me and I decided to stay away from automation. :)

---

I just followed the guide and have some advice. I think you could cut down significantly on the time needed to set this up with a few simple tweaks:

- Specify before installing mods that you don't need to run LOOT or Wyre Bash to update rules and tags after each mod. Had I know you listed all these right at the end, I would have done them in one go (saves a lot of time).

- Include a LOOT userlist.txt file which has all the LOOT rules already in it, just have people drop it into appdata folder after the initial LOOT setup in step 1. This also sets up LOOT groups correctly.

- Include a list of all the CAO conversions right at the end, with their settings, and have people do them then. Closing MO2 after every mod that needs this takes a lot of extra time.

Basically instead of install mod > do all these tasks for it > go to next mod, we'd install all mods > then do these tasks in one go without exiting the programs. I think form conversions, xEdits, and manual file system edits should still be done on a per mod basis since you close the program between tasks anyway.

Q1. I do actually say DO NOT run LOOT until directed to do so on the Merge Page but users do insist on ignoring me.

Q2. I actually try that in the past and it was a major headache cos users would name there mods differently to me and thus then com and complain about it so in the end i stopped providing it.

Q3. that not a bad shout i might do that and see how it goes.

Q4. Again that not a bad shout either if anything it provides an idiot check for the user base.

Hey guys, been a long while... trying to set up my own large install that's built off of the guide, but is too different from to use CR patches and so on...

Anyway I have a question that has nothing to do with that, asking here just to try to gain some wisdom from the community;

My Falskaar has absolutely no tree LOD.  I'm certain the files are there, but in-game they don't exist, they just pop-in from nowhere as they are loaded.  I've downloaded and re-downloaded the file, I've unpacked it in MO2, removed all tree mods (I was only using Simply Bigger Trees + RAT)... still no tree LODs.

I've seen a couple comments on reddit from a quick google search saying the same thing but none of them came to any resolution.  'Run DynDOLOD or SSE LODGen' was the advice given but I don't see how running DynDOLOD is going to fix anything if the LOD's don't exist at all / are not working in game at all?

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out.  I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's wrong with my lods in Riften area (Aspen trees):

(Similar thing happening in Solitude area with the red oak trees)

https://imgur.com/a/sRHPTnk

EDIT:  I know it's something with Dyndolod, but not sure if it's some setting I messed up on when doing something there, or if it's mod related before even getting to Dyndolod section.

Edited by Tombkeeper

Suggestion for a minor mod description correction to the guide:

I haven't finished my install, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that the description in the guide  for (oldrim) Not so fast Main Quest is outdated.  Or maybe "future dated".   The description mentions a "configuration urn".   I'm pretty sure that configuration urn is only found in the SSE version of Not so fast Main Quest.   Both of the available SSE versions apparently date to back when SKSE and MCM didn't exist for SSE.   Which is why the SSE version has the urn kludge instead of an MCM.   What happened is that some point the guide switched from the SSE version to using the Oldrim version which has better functionality.   But the guide description still describes the less functional SSE version.  Same thing for "Not so fast Mages Guild".

P.S. - Thanks all for putting this together!