Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey guys, I am facing a rather odd issue. One that I don't remember cropping up previously. 

My guide version is from May 2019, from what I can ascertain. 

The error itself:

Amren doesn't provide the quest to find his family sword after listening to the couple's argument, the relevant dialogue option is not even there. Ysolda as well has not given me her task to find a mammoth tusk.

When I finished modding this back in May, I apparently had a short-ish run where I definitely did do both their quests and was mucking about with the companions and getting my toon stronger. 

Is there a particular reason this can happen? Any ideas on how to fix it aside from starting a new game...?

Damn it, can't edit the previous post anymore.
I have tried reloading and reentering Whiterun but can't get Amren or Ysolda's quest to trigger. Finishing up the report to Jarl Baalgruuf about Alduin's attack doesn't change anything either.

Amren has the argument as usual, but the dialogue option to ask about it never shows up.

I also noticed that Uthgerd doesn't have an option to brawl with her when you meet her outside Whiterun first(which I think is added by Immersive Citizens?).

What the eff is going on here? 

Damn it, can't edit the previous post anymore.

I have tried reloading and reentering Whiterun but can't get Amren or Ysolda's quest to trigger. Finishing up the report to Jarl Baalgruuf about Alduin's attack doesn't change anything either.

Amren has the argument as usual, but the dialogue option to ask about it never shows up.

I also noticed that Uthgerd doesn't have an option to brawl with her when you meet her outside Whiterun first(which I think is added by Immersive Citizens?).

What the eff is going on here? 

Hi,

The 'Dungeon Delving' quest that has you retrieve Amran's sword also runs concurrently on other NPCs -- Ie Noster's helmet and 2or 3 other npc/object combinations. If you went to another city before Whiterun and triggered the quest there, it will not give the next npc's quest objective until the previous item is found and returned. I believe Ysolda's quest has a similar constraint. The full list of npcs and items is probably on the skyrim wiki. 

Dan. 

This won't be what you want to hear, but those are normal and correct. The LOD colors are slightly off from the full version of the trees, which is what creates that seeming visual mismatch. So on the plus side, you did things right. On the other side... yeah. *shrug* 

As Lexy mentioned, this is caused by the Havok Physics engine when the FPS of you game goes over 60. This is why, in the recommendations and in the install instructions, you are told to cap your framerate at 58 FPS instead of 60... even with a cap set, your FPS will go over that limit briefly. That noise is all the objects that use the physics engine colliding with each other. Set the cap in the nVidia Profile Inspector (as shown on the Prerequisites Page) or, if you simply have to have higher framerates, look into the Havok Fixes mod.

Ok, thank you.  I went ahead and re-did Dyndolod using -8 LOD Brightness and it looks better.  I'm using ENB and noticed they changed how bright or dark they are depending on which ENB I use.  With Organic ENB, they're a perfect fit now in colour...with Re-engaged not so much... 

Hi,

The 'Dungeon Delving' quest that has you retrieve Amran's sword also runs concurrently on other NPCs -- Ie Noster's helmet and 2or 3 other npc/object combinations. If you went to another city before Whiterun and triggered the quest there, it will not give the next npc's quest objective until the previous item is found and returned. I believe Ysolda's quest has a similar constraint. The full list of npcs and items is probably on the skyrim wiki. 

Dan. 

Heyo! Thanks for getting back on this. I didn't have one of those quests activated...so far as I could tell, unless I overlooked something. Good news is that continuing to play and finishing up some more quests made all the rest available. 

I am guessing what you said is the culprit, I just failed to pinpoint the quest causing it. Maybe a Missive quest did it for all I know IDK.

No matter, so long as it ends well, eh? :p

I would go for it right now...

Lexy is gonna update her guide ( like she usually does )  when it comes out.

Plus, we are not sure how long we have to wait for the LOTD v5 release. 

By the meantime, your are gonna learn lot of stuff right now if you are not familiar whit this kind of Guide...

It's your choice.

Edited by sekissa

@Luisangre

Entirely up to your preferences. Do you value the storyline of LOTD? If so, AFAIK it's an easy enough case made, that is, wait, unless you are ok with multiple characters and a more than one playthrough person. 

I say AFAIK because other than some fairly...I think, if I understood em right, important, changes to its own custom quests, I am not sure what else it has. I think support for Odyssey as well?

If you have free time you are itching to spend on something like Skyrim, then go ahead and mod it, maybe skip the finishing steps and a dedicated playthrough. That way you don't spend like half your enthusiasm and energy first modding Skyrim when LOTD v5 comes, because heyo, you gots a modded setup dawg!

I personally modded this back in May and had a short run then that I just restarted like two days ago for realsies, don't much care for LOTD's story meself :p more into Vigilant and the likes~

(Before y'all go 'BURN THE WITCH!', do note I do still think LOTD is very cool. Just maybe a bit triggering for obsessive tendencies? Definitely a your mileage may vary thingy.)

Note on a potential -minor- issue:

I am not sure how many others have run into this and I haven't had the chance to check the Discord yet, its possible the issue has been resolved in guide builds after May 2019. You are on your own for checking that.

The issue itself - Predator Vision can sometimes fail to work due to a small incompatibility with Alternate Start LAL, at least according to my research.

How do you solve it? Simple enough, simply give enough time in the start for all the mods to load in, and do -not- begin Predator Vision(turn it on in the MCM, I believe?) until you have started a new life, and then a few more minutes for good measure.

Back in May in my test playthrough Predator Vision worked beautifully. Today? I had no idea about this and began a playthrough with my old save, from the choose another life cell area. The only difference? I didn't have to edit my mod settings, they were ready and waiting from my previous run, including, you guessed it, Predator Vision. 

The consequence? None of added vision modes work for me, spell or otherwise, huzzah!

Apparently its as simple a fix as turning the mod off and on again, but considering how heavy Lexy is, I have instead decided to forgo PV entirely and just forget it exists in the game, because why restart when I can pretend I never installed a mod? Or that my character just doesn't have the right brain for it? Psychiatry/psychology/neuroscience doesn't seem to have a thriving presence in Tamriel, you people don't know why my toon doesn't see the same as your toons, wokay? Weave 'im awone \;o;/

Spoiler'd because wall o' text.

Enjoy your Skyrim, and thy life fellow oxygen breather!

Minor (non)typo corrections for the merge page.

Lexy is a better speller than some of the authors of the mods being merged in.  :-)   The mod page has four filenames spelled correctly even though the files within the mods themselves are misspelled.

Here's a list of the four file names found on the merge page and what it should be

CLARALUX SSE - Northern Marsh Bridges.esp

CLARALUX SSE - Nothern Marsh Bridges.esp   (mod author dropped an 'r')

CLARALUX SSE - Immersive Citizens.esp

CLARALUX SSE - Immersive Cititzens.esp  (extra t; insert some sort of joke re male npcs also being in the mod)

Landscape For Grass Mods - Immersive Citizens PATCH.esp

Landscape For Grass Mods -Immersive Citizens PATCH.esp (expecting another blank)

Landscape For Grass Mods - Provincial Courier PATCH.esp

Landscape For Grass Mods -Provincial Courier PATCH.esp (expecting another blank)

• +1 1

Ugh, running into situations where Predator Vision would be useful.

I am pretty sure its the Alternate Start bug i am having with it, where mu second character isnt getting PV as the mod was already activated when the game began.

Apparently disabling the mod, making a clean save, and then reenabling it can fix it. Which is tempting to do as my toon is already lvl 25.

Would you guys recommend this at all?

How do i do it? Disable it just in the load order on the right pane, or from the MO install pane?

Do i clean my save?

I have the mage spells for both powers if it helps.