Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm doing a fresh install of this setup and plan to play it in December or so (still have to complete megamodded Fallout 4). I remember when I ran the game last year it ran splendidly on my system, I was clocking 29 GB of ram (out of my 128 GB) without a stutter. I do remember that there was space for some other mods, and I had some more installed, actually quite a few, but this monster seems to have grown. So question, if installing everything by the book, how many total plugins (ESP, ESM) are there from this load order? And can any of them be easily converted to ESL. I ended up converting over 70 small mods in Fallout 4 to ESL, and merges a couple of dozen more, and everything worked just fine, very few crashes. I'm hoping I can do the same with LOTD.

Here's a partial answer. Maybe someone else can give you the exact number, but the total number of mods will be in the 245+ range. I don't know the exact number because I've added a few of my own and skipped a few that I didn't like. You shouldn't have any issues assuming you know what you're doing. I know that I've learned a lot from installing this mod and from my own mistakes. I've installed ESL versions of mods when available but have not just flagged ESPs as ESLs.

I'm doing a fresh install of this setup and plan to play it in December or so (still have to complete megamodded Fallout 4). I remember when I ran the game last year it ran splendidly on my system, I was clocking 29 GB of ram (out of my 128 GB) without a stutter. I do remember that there was space for some other mods, and I had some more installed, actually quite a few, but this monster seems to have grown. So question, if installing everything by the book, how many total plugins (ESP, ESM) are there from this load order? And can any of them be easily converted to ESL. I ended up converting over 70 small mods in Fallout 4 to ESL, and merges a couple of dozen more, and everything worked just fine, very few crashes. I'm hoping I can do the same with LOTD.

a fair few of the plugins and merges can be ESLed yes but bare in mind due SMASH and zEdit limitation the total number of plugins must not exceed 254 even if they are flagged as esl to run the said programs. Also make sure you are under 254 when us run the program.

Also note SMASH and zEdit currently won't work with CC Mods (but i don't know why anyone would any of those).

I think I have everything working now but it might be an idea to put an idiot check when it comes to mods that are included in merges.

I deactivated them on the main profile and only had them active on the merge profiles as I went through the mods list. This mod is included in so and so merge sounded to me like it didn't have to be active. That means that the meshes/textures etc weren't present/activated after I did the esp merges and did the final stages stuff.

A brief explanation on the first mod that's included in a merged patch or a more detailed explanation on how the hide merged plugin works might be useful so idiots like me don't repeat the same mistake and wonder why there's no grass.

Other than me being stupid awesome guide. Thanks for all your work making this.

Edited by guyguy

Would you mind me asking if Jaysus swords will possibly be added to the guide when V5 of the museum is ready? I checked the Trello and didn't see Jaysus listed in any of the categories.

Thanks so much!

it might as LOTD v5 is adding support for Jaysus Swords Thou it will probably end up a crafting only so it does break OMEGA balnce just like IW and LWE are

Here's a partial answer. Maybe someone else can give you the exact number, but the total number of mods will be in the 245+ range. I don't know the exact number because I've added a few of my own and skipped a few that I didn't like. You shouldn't have any issues assuming you know what you're doing. I know that I've learned a lot from installing this mod and from my own mistakes. I've installed ESL versions of mods when available but have not just flagged ESPs as ESLs.

Thanks for the answer. I think I can work with that, maybe drop 4 or 5 of the mods out of my load order to get what I want in. Now, about what Lexy wrote about the limit being 254 even with ESLs. I converted about 80 mods to ESL in Fallout 4, all loading in the 254 slot, and I have about 330 plugins running, and the game runs fast and stable. I thought that since SE is 64 now, it would do the same. But this isn't correct. Also, thanks to Lexy for the work she put into her guide. I know it took a lot of time.

But now for the next problem. I can get all of the tools to run through MO2 except for zEdit. It will run outside of MO2, but not inside. I have also been using Mod Organizer 1 and 2 for several years, so I was thinking it would be easy. I have looked all over the net, and can't find a definitive answer. It will be okay to run zEdit outside of MO2 correct? Or can I just use Merge Plugins? I used that progam with Fallout 4 and my merges all worked just fine.

Hit another snag that has me dead in the water. Creation Kit, which started yesterday when I tested the install, will not start today in either MO2 or from the Skyrim directory. I was trying to convert the Extended UI to Form 44. I looked all over the net and couldn't find an answer. So, is there another way, another program, to convert the forms? If not, I may just have to skip any program in the list that requires this conversion.

Well, I tried to edit my reply above but it wouldn't let me, so here's another posting. I tried to reload Creation Kit from Bethesda net, but it kept saying I didn't have steam_api64.dll. I looked in my Skyrim SE folder and there it was. One of the recommendation was to reload the game, which would mean going through the tedious cleaning process again, including the manual cleaning of Dawnstar. So I'm going to forge ahead, and not worry about any Form 43 mods for now. If I can't come up with an easy solution that doesn't cause hours of frustration, I will just have to forget about them altogether and play the game without them. I also just bought a license to a DLL service, but now I have to wait for their email. No telling how long that is going to take. I'm wishing I had just kept my install from last year of LOTD. At least I know everything worked in that one.

Up to date now... following this guide nearly one year now and did each changelog.

Game technically works perfectl!

i tested in my last game in June until lvl20.

theres only one thing which was annoying me:

Followers are too strong.  ive gone with toccata and i can clear much caves even when iam in much lower lvl then the enemys. even an lvl 60 drauglord and me with lel 15 is beatable with an follower  because they cant die...

so i was hiding in the "boss areas" behind a stone or was jumping in a higher position and toccata was doing the rest. I think thats not realistic. why cant the follower die regular as the player does too?

So that was deciding me to go alone.. But that was difficult so i wish i can go along a follower who has no "god" mode

Edited by Memoso

For gerneral information, I downloaded and installed all the mods except for the two that were form 43. I might try Creation kit again after verifying my files again (have already cleaned them, but one suggestion was to redownload the game to get a new steam_api64.dll file that Creation Kit might recognize. I will clean them again after that, and hopefully won't be have to do it again. Copied all of my installed mod files to another drive. Anyway, I MO2 counted 530 plugins, and subtraction all the mods that will be merged, minus the number of merges, it come to 210 plugins. That's good news, and leaves me with room for 34 plugin (not counting some more non-esp replacers, but i only have 3 of them I want, and some character presets to choose from). I already have a couple of follower mods (Recorder for one) and one castle mod. Looking over all of the patches that were generated, I have to ask. If I add some mods like Beyond Reach, I'm guessing I'm going to have to run those automatic patchers again to make them compatible. As I learn with Fallout 4, make sure that I have everything I need and want, that small mods can be added, but don't ever remove anything. Maybe I can get the merges done tomorrow. Maybe not.

Hello, almost to the end of the guide and sadly ran into a problem at the finish line. When I run FNIS, instead of getting "X animations for Y mods successfully included." I receive the following message.

FNIS Behavior V7.5   10/20/2019 8:22:03 AM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.80.0 - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  
Patch: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  (CTD:0.3%)

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V7.2 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.5 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
 17 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 17 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 27 total groups: 41 added file slots: 368 alternate files: 311

Create Creature Behaviors ...

315 animations for 4 mods successfully included (character)

I originally was not sure if that was a problem so continued on my merry way hoping it was not an issue. But then when I was running zEdit, I had no problems with creating the know_your_armor_patch.esp and know_your_enemy_patch.esp files, however I did run in to a problem with creating the zPatch.esp file. I received the following error message.

Error: Failed to get flag value at: Blowing in the Wind Merged.esp\020135BC, "ACBS\Flags|Opposite Gender Anims" Failed to resolve element at path: ACBS\Flags.......

I am wondering if there is a connection with the FNIS and "Opposite Gender Anims" zPatch.esp issue.

I scoured the internet for a solution and came up empty. I am soooooo hoping for for some guidance here.

Thank you in advance.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't take a movement to express my deep appreciation for this guide and all the time and effort that DarkLadyLexy and everyone else put into it as well as all the guidance with problem solving. Thanks you! Thanks you!

Could not edit my previous post so just adding one other issues I have had that could be a culprit is when hiding plugins used for merges, the Helgen Reborn.esp keeps getting hidden, which I have to keep undoing as it is a required master file for other mods. The Helgen Reborn.esp is needed for the Blowing in the Wind Merged.esp, so again don't know if it is related.

What is the link to discord? I really don't use it and don't know how to get there. I've spent over 24 hours trying to get this thing installed, my old eyes are hurting (seriously). I finally got CK to work after trying a bunch of things. I merged some mods with Merge Plugin, but have reached a point where it is not recognizing some of the mods, which I guess means zEdit. The problem is, I can't get zEdit to run through MO2, no matter what I have tried, and I can't find anything on the internet about how to fix the problem. I'm stumped, and I am too damned old to know much about computers and programming, which all the videos out there seem to assume. I have stopped working on the two books I need to get out so I could do this. I love this game, and it also helps me to generate story ideas while playing. If the discord would help, lead me to it. Otherwise I will just sit here and cry.

Edited by Brotherofcats