Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Two Questions:

1. Why were the 2 followers removed from guide?(Celestine and Toccata)

2. Can I keep them anyway or do I have to change some other things(patches,merges,etc.)

Celestine, Harold and Toccata didn't meet our new standards for followers.

1. Do they have interesting dialogue?
2. Do they have personal quest and story?
3. Do they add to the immersive experience of the game?

Celestine, Harold and Toccata are all generic and boring.

If you want to keep then fine they are not require by patches or CR.

• +1 1

Celestine, Harold and Toccata didn't meet our new standards for followers.

1. Do they have interesting dialogue?
2. Do they have personal quest and story?
3. Do they add to the immersive experience of the game?

Celestine, Harold and Toccata are all generic and boring.

If you want to keep then fine they are not require by patches or CR.

Thanks. I was just wondering. They made for good pack mules though .  ::D:

First, a HUGE thanks to Lexy (big donation deserved) and all those that make this guide possible.  In yester-year I made several attempts to get the old Neovalen guide to work to no avail.  Now, I'm back and am happy to say I was able to get everything working.

But I have a triple monitor setup and am saddened that Flawless Widescreen is not supported with SSE.  And the most up date and well supported mod Complete Widescreen Fix for SkyUI 5.2 SE Alpha - 2560x1080 won't work with my 8130x1600(bezel corrected) setup.  I managed to get Eyefinity Triple Screens for SE working more or less but must work around RaceMenu and no doubt other incompatibilities.  Plus, it "wants"  SkyHUD .. which again I was able to make work but not sure what I broke to do so.

I see the guide was updated once again today so plan on incorporating plugins and scripts and regenerating everything .. with widescreen fix this time.  I understand Immersive HUD - iHUD Special Edition replaces SkyHUD so will give that a try.  A Matter Of Time and other mods have there own scaling and position config but no doubt I will run into problems somewhere.

I'd love a "guide extension" for widescreen option .. (really triple monitor wide) but it seems I'm on my own now.  I'm a developer by trade so could edit scripts myself, create my own mod .. but have never done so.  Any tips you could offer or even a test plan so I know what to look for when testing.  I've actually never played the game more than a bit .. having too much fun installing mods!!!

Leaving the Shire now ...

I keep getting a Ctd  I think it has something to do with combat.  Everytime I get attacked by a wolf, I ctd,  I ctd at other times running down the road, but I suspect it may have something to do with combat as well, even though I haven't been physically attacked.  There are a lot of mods here that I am not familiar with and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I have tried to follow the guide to the letter, but obviously I did something wrong.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

It definitely has to do with combat.  Games runs well until a combat situation occurs.   If I fire an arrow at someone unsuspecting, I ctd.  A wolf on the road, I ctd.  If I use  player.setav speedmult, I can fly by an encounter and not ctd, unless i run straight into it like at Pinewatch,  just north east of Falkreath, when they dump the  rocks at you.  I have tried going in all directions from Whiterun and the resut is the same.  I am good until a combat situation presents itself.

Anyone have any Idea where to start Looking?  I followed the guide.  I initially made some errors in naming merges, (The names where not copy/pasted so had some minor errors.)  that is fixed.  Reran through the process with loot, and bash and remade the bashed patch, but the problem persists.  I have looked through the combat mods to make sure I did them correctly as well as I am able, but it is a big list and I'm not that familiar with the mods or the list.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone who has an idea.

Edited by sattyre

Love the guide - thanks for the hard work, Lexy.

I have no problems or nick-knacks that I can't find answers to - reading Discord or Step Forums, until now...

...this one has been a real pain for some weeks now.

Hope someone here can help me.

And I know Discord is the way to go to get help, but my account is fubar atm - don't know why.

zEdit!

When using the program I sometimes get a weird result - it happens on and off - even after complete reinstalls it might occur again, and it seems by chance.

Thing is:

When I open the program, and choose which instance to use; zEdit, Merge or Clean - doesn't matter - the moving ring to show that the program is searching and listing esps and esms is kind of moved up and half-invisible.

Then I get to choose what I want to do as normal, everything is fine - but when the process starts, it shows the process in a shady, half invisible window...

...I can still see the program proper, but the process is in a new, very hard to see window.

I can Alt+A to mark the log and process, but I can't close the program proper, and the patch does not get saved...even if it says 'Done!'

Anyone had this happen? I'm in such a loss - been searching zEdits-pages - but have found nothing like this.

NOTE: These files are located between roughly halfway and 3/4 of the way down the list:* Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp

are you sure?? :)

in my load order its nearly at the top ^^

Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods is the master for the file you're looking for, the right file is Landscape Fixes for Grass Patches Merged.

It definitely has to do with combat.  Games runs well until a combat situation occurs.   If I fire an arrow at someone unsuspecting, I ctd.  A wolf on the road, I ctd.  If I use  player.setav speedmult, I can fly by an encounter and not ctd, unless i run straight into it like at Pinewatch,  just north east of Falkreath, when they dump the  rocks at you.  I have tried going in all directions from Whiterun and the resut is the same.  I am good until a combat situation presents itself.

Anyone have any Idea where to start Looking?  I followed the guide.  I initially made some errors in naming merges, (The names where not copy/pasted so had some minor errors.)  that is fixed.  Reran through the process with loot, and bash and remade the bashed patch, but the problem persists.  I have looked through the combat mods to make sure I did them correctly as well as I am able, but it is a big list and I'm not that familiar with the mods or the list.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone who has an idea.

I suggest tuning of options in Immersive Creature's MCM one by one, the ones that come to mind is Animal Spawns (mentioned in the guide) does it happen at night? Night Spawns. The Random Cell Reset function could also be your culprit, try them all out, prefferably on a new gane so there's no weird spawning going on. Good luck

Hi!

A few qol improvements for your interface (not your's, the game's)

SkyUI Longer Favorites Menu  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96995

SkyUI Colored Category Icons  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96092

Colored And Animated Celtic Icons For SkyUI  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95998

ElSopa - Animated Colored SkyUI Widgets SE  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24420

SkyUI Widgets Animated Black And White SE  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24736

SkyUI Item Card Fixes  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29116

Edited by lassin

Mod Suggestion:

Here's a big QOL addition for the UI:

Better Container Controls for SkyUI by cdcooly.

Adds a "take most" capability to take all items in the current view, e.g., books instead of everything in the container.

Adds a "give most" capability to, for example, give all non-quest non-special weapons to a container or follower.

Adds a way to bypass the quantity prompt and transfer a single item.

Adds a bunch of similar improvements.

Hello, all .. as long as on subject of UI enhancements maybe someone can help me.  I use a triple monitor setup 7680x1600 or 8130x1600 with bezel.  With som trial and error and a bit of luck I think I was able to get  Eyefinity Triple Screens for SE working to manage that wide of setup.   Too early to tell if *everything* is working .. not sure how to even tell exactly.

Anyway, lick the bezel does not interfere too much with normal game play or menus .. and may of the mods have adjustments for placement and scale of widgets.  But I think notifications coming from Froistfall and/or iNeeds possibly others appear upper right center which often cut off the early part of the message.  I would like to learn how to move those slightly.  

I would think it would be an easy mod/edit to make .. or perhaps there is an existing MCM or other mod?  What about SkyHUD?  I tried with some success but opted out as I suspect it conflicts and/or is redundant with other mods.

Any help?

Hello, all .. as long as on subject of UI enhancements maybe someone can help me.  I use a triple monitor setup 7680x1600 or 8130x1600 with bezel.  With som trial and error and a bit of luck I think I was able to get  Eyefinity Triple Screens for SE working to manage that wide of setup.   Too early to tell if *everything* is working .. not sure how to even tell exactly.

Anyway, lick the bezel does not interfere too much with normal game play or menus .. and may of the mods have adjustments for placement and scale of widgets.  But I think notifications coming from Froistfall and/or iNeeds possibly others appear upper right center which often cut off the early part of the message.  I would like to learn how to move those slightly.  

I would think it would be an easy mod/edit to make .. or perhaps there is an existing MCM or other mod?  What about SkyHUD?  I tried with some success but opted out as I suspect it conflicts and/or is redundant with other mods.

Any help?

Never miss another notification.   The Notification Log SSE mod provides a log of all your recent notifications in its MCM menu.

It's great.  However, it's "only" a 99% solution.   Most onscreen messages use the Papyrus notification mechanism, but there's a few mods that seem to have other ways of putting messages to the screen (often with a different font).

Edited by ArcaneTourist