Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update was difficult. The game looks beautiful These Times. I follow this guide since exactly one year. Last year christmas i started this guide and didnt miss even one update. Great work it becomes even more a real dream. Looking forward include v5.

Do you update one last time this year? There are nearly 15 mods which has Updated.

Merry christmas

The latest update was difficult. The game looks beautiful These Times. I follow this guide since exactly one year. Last year christmas i started this guide and didnt miss even one update. Great work it becomes even more a real dream. Looking forward include v5.

Do you update one last time this year? There are nearly 15 mods which has Updated.

Merry christmas

there won't be another update this year cos i won't have much time to do one.

Spoilers ahead. Question for the group mind. I'm pretty sure this problem wasn't caused by the mods, since it is well documented online. And I'm asking here because none of the answers I have found online will work, plus all of the posts and forums are several years old. Last year, when I was playing LOTD, I got hung up reading the Elder Scroll at the time wound, it kept waiting for Alduin to appear and he refused to cooperate. After a dozen tries I just gave up and went on to play the rest of the game, all of the other quests. This time I wanted to finish the main quest. I ran into the glitch with "no one escapes from whatever mines", so I skipped over it. When I got to the prison I couldn't interact with anything, so I didn't go to the Temple of Talos. In another quest, for Interesting NPCs, I walked into the Temple, with the guards waiting, and they did nothing. Well, at the Timewound, I read the scroll and went to the cut scene, which as before didn't play out. I tried six times and it finally went through. I did it several more times for the reasons outlined below, and it ran perfectly. Which is when the next problem arose. Alduin is invulnerable and Dragonrend does nothing to him. The fight from this point is almost ludicrous. I'm level 57, with over a hundred in many skills, and am a master of the five schools of magic, with all the spells of Apocalypse. So I can't hurt Aldiun, and with Close Wounds handy, he has no way of taking me out. He hits me dead center with his breath and I heal just as fast as I lose heakth. I've tried every solution I could find on the net. I didn't attack until he finished talking. I fast traveled away and waited an hour. Fast traveled and walked into High Hrothgar. Disabled and enabled Alduin. Nothing works. The real shame is on one of my tries he suddenly started taking damage. I won, forgot to save, and after talking to Aingar I went to Whiterun, and the game froze in the loading screen. So I didn't defeat Alduin after all, but Bethesda basically defeated me. So I finally completed the quest by console command, and was told I defeated Alduin, but he was still flying around and attacking. I went to talk to the Jarls of Whiterun and Windhold, as well as the general, finished Season Unending, and after talking to the Greybeards, went back to the Throat of the World to talk with Paarthunex, ony to find Alduin still flying around, and Paarthenux too busy to talk. So that busts the entire quest line again. So the question is, has anyone else run into this, and is there a way to actually get past Alduin's Bane that removes him from the area? If I resort to disabling him at the Throat of the World, will he still appear in Sovngard? Or am I again forced to just skip the main quest, and let ineffectual Alduin exist in the background and doing nothing? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Hi folks,

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year too!

::D:

I know it was said back on 17/12 that adding v5 of LotD to the guide will not be until January some time and in the discord it was mentioned that if you wanted to, to get a taste of LotD v5, you could try out the unsupported auto-installer Wabbajack. However, in light of it not being supported, I don't particularly want to go down that path at this point.   ^_^

Thus, to my question: is anyone able to shed any light on how big a change to the guide v5 will bring?

Reason for asking is that if it's not going to make too huge a change, then I might get started using the guide as it stands at present knowing that I will need to go back and change things up a bit. However, if it is going to be a bit more than just a regular update as such, then perhaps it might be best to just sit back and wait for the first iteration of the v5 guide ... does that make sense?

Sorry if this is coming across as a pushy/sneaky/snide way of saying "when v5??", I asure you I don't mean it to be. It's just that I have the rest of this week off and would like to get a jump on things if I can; having to go back to work shortly and the usual family committments to deal with, I just want to try and get myself organised and maximise my time is all.  :cool:

Thanks everyone.

So happy to see a strong community still here in 2019/2020.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

Hey folks,

Are there any sections of the guide I can install ahead of time to prepare myself for the LotD update and make the process faster?

Anyone else doing this? I am thinking maybe the visual parts?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there luisangre,

Yeah I'm doing this too   ^_^   my post above yours is asking basically the same thing!

I guess everyone is enjoying their respective breaks at the moment though and so we will probably hear back on the topic next week or shortly after I reckon.

In light of that, I'm just starting fresh, from the top and will see where I get to once we find out more.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Hey Lexy!

Big fan of your guide, been using it for a long time now. I've got a bit of a tricky problem for you, maybe you can help. I'm using an older version of your guide - I installed in around February of 2019, and I've just had it on my PC since then. I'm not going to go through the trouble of reinstalling (because as fun as it is, it's a long process :) ) but I want to get this thing working. The only problem I have left is that I'm CTDing in Winterhold Exteriors. I've narrowed it down 100% to NSUTR/Stunning Statues, and I've checked the filenames 100 times. Removing Stunning Statues still gives a CTD, but disabling NSUTR plus all of the files that require it as a master (conflict resolution patches, etc.) actually gets it to work. However, playing without conflict resolution patches seems... bad. Unless I have some guidance, I don't want to go through the process of removing NSUTR as a master from these patches, as I'm just not experienced enough.

Anything you can do to help troubleshoot? Happy to follow any instructions, including instructions for removing NSUTR as a master - it's not that important to me. As far as I can tell, it's only the Winterhold statue - Azura and Mehrunes Dagon don't CTD. I've tried simply removing the stunning statues magestatue.nif and magestatuesnow_only.nif files, but that provides a CTD as well.

Thanks so much if you manage to help with this, I know you've made 100000 iterations to this mod, so it's no big deal if you can't figure out how to fix this. Just figured I'd try :) Thank you! Just to reiterate, I'm happy to sacrifice any changes to get this thing simply working.

Edited by Novu

Hey Lexy!

Big fan of your guide, been using it for a long time now. I've got a bit of a tricky problem for you, maybe you can help. I'm using an older version of your guide - I installed in around February of 2019, and I've just had it on my PC since then. I'm not going to go through the trouble of reinstalling (because as fun as it is, it's a long process :) ) but I want to get this thing working. The only problem I have left is that I'm CTDing in Winterhold Exteriors. I've narrowed it down 100% to NSUTR/Stunning Statues, and I've checked the filenames 100 times. Removing Stunning Statues still gives a CTD, but disabling NSUTR plus all of the files that require it as a master (conflict resolution patches, etc.) actually gets it to work. However, playing without conflict resolution patches seems... bad. Unless I have some guidance, I don't want to go through the process of removing NSUTR as a master from these patches, as I'm just not experienced enough.

Anything you can do to help troubleshoot? Happy to follow any instructions, including instructions for removing NSUTR as a master - it's not that important to me. As far as I can tell, it's only the Winterhold statue - Azura and Mehrunes Dagon don't CTD. I've tried simply removing the stunning statues magestatue.nif and magestatuesnow_only.nif files, but that provides a CTD as well.

Thanks so much if you manage to help with this, I know you've made 100000 iterations to this mod, so it's no big deal if you can't figure out how to fix this. Just figured I'd try :) Thank you! Just to reiterate, I'm happy to sacrifice any changes to get this thing simply working.

sound like you have gone wrong editing the stunning statue of Skyrim mehses

8. Locate and press the "+" next to  Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block 1, -1 \ Sub-Block 5, -4 \ 0000BDC9 \ Temporary9  Delete record 00106EAA

are thes the instructions you recently added?

because in my case this isnt available or already deleted.

its only available in skrim.esm but not in update.esm

thank you

Edited by Memoso

Relic Hunter has also updated a few days ago

[Relic Hunter (Legacy and ASLAL addon)]

CORE
Merged
Relic Hunter (Legacy and ASLAL addon) - v1.4.3 - by Icecreamassassin

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Relic Hunter
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Relic Hunter Grass Patch

latest version 2.03

Farmhouse Chimneys Patches Merged also needs to regenerate. you forget to mention on changelog
Edited by Memoso