Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I got it all installed including DynDOLOD and started a game camping in the woods.  Going down the main quest line.  Got to Riverwood and saw black faces on one child and several with invisible necks.  On to Whiterun and saw more children with invisible necks. Getting ready to go into Bleakfalls Barro.  Women I kill and take their stuff have strange dark areas like bruises below their boobs.

I wanted to start a new install using your Legacy guide, but I noticed that it's Pre-Alpha. Any info about when it will get out of Pre Alpha? And is it that risky to use now?

Not speaking for Lexy, but that text should probably be changed. This feels more like Beta to me, the guide looks complete, the CR is in, and has been quite stable for me so far. There still might be updates to modlist and CR, of course, but I´d say it´s rather safe to start installing and just check the changelog everyday and update it accordingly.

I wanted to start a new install using your Legacy guide, but I noticed that it's Pre-Alpha. Any info about when it will get out of Pre Alpha? And is it that risky to use now?

She did mention that once CACO, WAF etc are ported (supposedly happening before the end of the month) there will be changes to replace the current alchemy/food overhaul in the guide, so you might just want to be aware of that potentially coming.

so would anybody be able to enlighten me, going forward, if I were to install this guide now... is it likely that I would have to do a complete reinstall when the guide is updated? or would I just be tweaking the setup? and if I would have to do a complete reinstall could I keep my save or would I need to start again?

Edited by xxPYROxxJONESxx
  • +1 1

so would anybody be able to enlighten me, going forward, if I were to install this guide now... is it likely that I would have to do a complete reinstall when the guide is updated? or would I just be tweaking the setup? and if I would have to do a complete reinstall could I keep my save or would I need to start again?

If you're using Mod Organizer then complete reinstall would be unnecessary; you'd just get the new mod, uninstall old, plop in new, and follow instructions re new CRs etc. Considering it's almost the end of Feb and the major new mods she's looking to introduce are planned to be out within a week, then you might as well get started installing as it'll likely take you a while to get everything done.

Whether you'd be able to continue a save depends. If you uninstall a mod with scripts that's always going to introduce some instability. using a savegame script cleaner (Fallrim Tools on SE) can mitigate some damage, but generally it's not the super best idea in the world. You could either clean your save and take the chance, or just take the safe route and start a new game. 

If you somehow finished the entire guide tomorrow, started a char, and got really attached to him/her this week before CACO drops, you could keep that char in one profile and use a separate profile to make a new char with any major mod changes. And just play two different chars.

I gave up trying to figure out what I did wrong and started a new build.

::):  I've done that 3 times since I started following this Guide: I'd double-check everything, go back over the directions AGAIN, walk away from the KB and come back after a break to clear my mind, etc., etc. and finally decide to start from scratch, carefully following directions and instructions.  It happens.  :rolleyes:

The fun and joy of modding......got to the end of weapons section, started MO2 and anti-virsus SUDDENLY decided this is ransom ware and auto quarantined the whole folder....so change rule, STARTED AGAIN, then MO2 wouldn't play nice, a little digging and found i missed a little section that's so obvious, STARTED AGAIN...point being, it happens to all of us and that's the joy or frustration, spitting blood, cursing the computer or taking a hammer to it as Lexy is prone to do( :crash: ) BLESS her and her cotton socks. After all, what would we do without this modding lark?...calm peaceful quiet time, more family time, other hobbies, having a life, go to bed on time, more money in pocket to spend on other things like a book...Oh whom am i trying to kid, you wouldn't want it any other way, and to that end "night, night everyone, time for bed". Happy modding :bye:

Oh yes, I have started over many times.  I used their guide for oldrim.  I have been trying out other guides waiting for them to do a SSE guide.  ::):

But I have a question.  When I got to the bottom of the LOOT section it says:

Open SSEEdit in Mod Organizer 2 and click [OK].Select all ESMs/ESPs and select "Sort Masters".Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

When I did that the ESMs/ESPs ended up in the overwrite folder.  What am I supposed to do with them?

Edited by BuddyKidd

Oh yes, I have started over many times.  I used their guide for oldrim.  I have been trying out other guides waiting for them to do a SSE guide.  ::):

But I have a question.  When I got to the bottom of the LOOT section it says:

Open SSEEdit in Mod Organizer 2 and click [OK].Select all ESMs/ESPs and select "Sort Masters".Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

When I did that the ESMs/ESPs ended up in the overwrite folder.  What am I supposed to do with them?

Put them in the folders they belong in. You can drag and drop with the overwrite window open, from there, to the folder you want.

It's a day for screwups apparently. Skyrim was running fine for me last night. Today I go to see what another ENB looks like and now Skyrim's crashing at the Bethesda logo. Deleted the ENB files, started again, still crash. Reinstalled the old ENB that was working last night, crash. Load up total vanilla from Steam, works fine. Reconfigured BethINI, combed through mods and load order just in case I accidentally did something odd and now a mod's missing a master...nope, nothing. Everything's the way it was last night when it was working perfectly, but now I'm crashing at logo when going through MO.

I'm a bit stumped.