Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

From the FWIW Department:  Currently we have 22 Merges in this Build.  I don't know how anyone else is managing them to reduce the chance of accessing the wrong MO2 profile, or add a mod to the wrong Merge.  My method is simple, and works for me:

(1) I added the name of the Merge to every Mod that is scheduled to be added to that Merge.  For example:

• "Lock Overhaul-14927-1-6" was renamed "Lock Overhaul-14927-1-6 -(Heads Up Display Merged)-"
  • "Simple AUA.7z-1882-3-0" was renamed "Simple AUA.7z-1882-3-0 -(Miscellaneous Merged)-"
  • "Hold Border Banners-1737-1-1" was renamed "Hold Border Banners-1737-1-1 -(Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged)-"

(2) When I wanted to work on any Merge, I made my 'Legacy of The Dragonborn - Special Edition' active and entered the full Merge name (without the " marks) in MO2's left-pane name filter window, filtering from view all mods not a part of that Merge.

(3) When I switched to the desired Merge, the filtering was still active, making it far less likely I added an unwanted Mod to the Merge.

Edited by Decopauge123

From the FWIW Department:  Currently we have 22 Merges in this Build.  I don't know how anyone else is managing them to reduce the chance of accessing the wrong MO2 profile, or add a mod to the wrong Merge.  My method is simple, and works for me:

(1) I added the name of the Merge to every Mod that is scheduled to be added to that Merge.  For example:

• "Lock Overhaul-14927-1-6" was renamed "Lock Overhaul-14927-1-6 -(Heads Up Display Merged)-"
  • "Simple AUA.7z-1882-3-0" was renamed "Simple AUA.7z-1882-3-0 -(Miscellaneous Merged)-"
  • "Hold Border Banners-1737-1-1" was renamed "Hold Border Banners-1737-1-1 -(Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged)-"

(2) When I wanted to work on any Merge, I make my 'Legacy of The Dragonborn - Special Edition' active and enter the full Merge name (without the " marks) in MO2's left-pane name filter window, filtering from view all mods not a part of that Merge.

(3) When I switched to the desired Merge, the filtering is still active, making it far less likely I add an unwanted Mod to the Merge.

I've got a separate MO profile for each merge, named according to the merge (Lexy's suggested method). In each profile, only the mods in that merge are active in left and right pane, in their proper load order in the right.

Also TIL Merge Plugins can run out of memory. Odd happening, just when I was rebuilding my armor merge to add a new set I'd downloaded. I missed it when it happened the first time and it apparently messed up my Bashed Patch, which I finally figured out was causing my earlier pre-logo CTD.

When I removed all the armors from the merge, deleted the merge, re-added and merged again from scratch, no memory issue. Quite curious, but all is working now. 

Edited by Tzefira

(2) When I wanted to work on any Merge, I made my 'Legacy of The Dragonborn - Special Edition' active and entered the full Merge name (without the " marks) in MO2's left-pane name filter window, filtering from view all mods not a part of that Merge.

(3) When I switched to the desired Merge, the filtering was still active, making it far less likely I added an unwanted Mod to the Merge.

I've got a separate MO profile for each merge, named according to the merge (Lexy's suggested method). In each profile, only the mods in that merge are active in left and right pane, in their proper load order in the right.

Also TIL Merge Plugins can run out of memory. Odd happening, just when I was rebuilding my armor merge to add a new set I'd downloaded. I missed it when it happened the first time and it apparently messed up my Bashed Patch, which I finally figured out was causing my earlier pre-logo CTD.

When I removed all the armors from the merge, deleted the merge, re-added and merged again from scratch, no memory issue. Quite curious, but all is working now. 

I followed the Merge directions, creating a separate profile for each Merge, and all other Merge directions, but had trouble keeping the different merges separate.  After I merged my method with Lexy's, I no longer had any problems keeping the 22 Merges separated.  Only the mods for each Merge are displayed in MO'2 Left Pane.  The Check-mark indicating an active mod wasn't enough, and neither were the 'Checked" and "Unchecked" filters.

Edited by Decopauge123

I followed the Merge directions, creating a separate profile for each Merge, and all other Merge directions, but had trouble keeping the different merges separate.  After I merged my method with Lexy's, I no longer had any problems keeping the 22 Merges separated.

::D:

I've also got the name of the merge in the mod name in left pane so I can keep track from the main profile, and each Merge .esp has a MO note with all the separate mods/esps listed in case I want to remember what's inside without switching profiles.

If only I were this organized in non-game life, I tell you.

Edited by Tzefira

::D:

I've also got the name of the merge in the mod name in left pane so I can keep track from the main profile, and each Merge .esp has a MO note with all the separate mods/esps listed in case I want to remember what's inside without switching profiles.

If only I were this organized in non-game life, I tell you.

MO2's Notes are very useful for a lot of different reasons, including adding a note for each Merge .esp listing all the mods merged into it.   The problem with Notes is that you can't tell which mods go with which Merge by glancing at MO2's Left Pane.  You must mouse over the Merge .esp to read the note.  My method allows me to see only the Merge .esp and the mods that have been merged into it in MO2's Left Pane,and switch between our Primary Profile and any Merge profile without losing that visual separation.

I know my method is extra work to setup, and I accept that, because the end result is (for me) better management of the entire Merge process.

Edited by Decopauge123

MO2's Notes are very useful for a lot of different reasons, including adding a note for each Merge .esp listing all the mods merged into it.   The problem with Notes is that you can't tell which mods go with which Merge by glancing at MO2's Left Pane.  You must mouse over the Merge .esp to read the note.  My method allows me to see only the Merge .esp and the mods that have been merged into it in MO2's Left Pane,and switch between our Primary Profile and any Merge profile without losing that visual separation.

I know my method is extra work to setup, and I accept that, because the end result is (for me) better management of the entire Merge process.

I guess mine is almost the same as yours. My mod names are, for example, "Lock Overhaul 1.6 (Heads Up Display Merged)", and so on for everything in a merge.  I didn't think of using the filter function to keep track of them, I'll have to play around with that.

LOTD got an update today btw, all.

Edited by Tzefira

I guess mine is almost the same as yours. My mod names are, for example, "Lock Overhaul 1.6 (Heads Up Display Merged)", and so on for everything in a merge.  I didn't think of using the filter function to keep track of them, I'll have to play around with that.

LOTD got an update today btw, all.

Yes, our method's are very similar.  ::D:  

I have done everything up to the Merge section. I created a new profile for every merge and checked only the folders in the left pane that are mentioned in the merge and sorted the plugins appropriately. I then noticed that when I launch Merge Plugins all/some of the .esp files are grayed out. I know this is because those .eps files have missing masters. I am about to go through and activate all the necessary masters for the mods to be merged so that they can be selected in Merge Plugins. Is this the correct method? If so, other than the plugin order for the .esp files to be merged does the order of the other .esp (masters I had to activate to select the .esps to merge) files need to be in any particular order?

Also, were we supposed to extract "Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.bsa" as it is in an folderr with an .esp to be merged?

Do I need to be concerned with activating any mesh or texture folders in these "mo2 merge profiles"? some of the mods active during the merge do have mesh/texture folders but I am unsure if/how they factor in to Merge Plugins.

Thanks! BTW last time I tested everything was running 58 fps and looked amazing! (GTX 1080 Max-Q) My eyes were missing colors but i'll revisit that when I get to the end (mo2 makes things easy!)

I have done everything up to the Merge section. I created a new profile for every merge and checked only the folders in the left pane that are mentioned in the merge and sorted the plugins appropriately. I then noticed that when I launch Merge Plugins all/some of the .esp files are grayed out. I know this is because those .eps files have missing masters. I am about to go through and activate all the necessary masters for the mods to be merged so that they can be selected in Merge Plugins. Is this the correct method? If so, other than the plugin order for the .esp files to be merged does the order of the other .esp (masters I had to activate to select the .esps to merge) files need to be in any particular order?

Also, were we supposed to extract "Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.bsa" as it is in an folderr with an .esp to be merged?

Do I need to be concerned with activating any mesh or texture folders in these "mo2 merge profiles"? some of the mods active during the merge do have mesh/texture folders but I am unsure if/how they factor in to Merge Plugins.

Thanks! BTW last time I tested everything was running 58 fps and looked amazing! (GTX 1080 Max-Q) My eyes were missing colors but i'll revisit that when I get to the end (mo2 makes things easy!)

Running LOOT (with the correct LOOT metadata applied to mods) against your mod list puts all active .ESM/.ESP files in an acceptable order in MO2's Right Pane.  Moving the .ESPs involved in a merge to the bottom of the Right Pane in the order posted in a Merge's directions prepares them for merging.

There are no directions to extract the "Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.bsa" file.  MO2 is able to process/handle BSA using it's 'BSA Extractor' plugin.  The pictures showing how to setup Merge Plugins say to check 'Copy General Assets' on the Integration Tab, which means that all mod assets will become part of the Merge.

Edited by Decopauge123

hey guys spend a belated Valentines day with my man he took me out for the day.

I didn't spot the error in DynDOLOD pos by Tzefira  that it not an ITM but i do know what mod is causing it, Obsidian Mountain Fogs has References with z height = 0.0 in that formid.

@ dreamer1986 I would consider the guide to ow be in a Beta state it is stable but there mare bugs I haven't squashed. I will be swapping CACO/WARF/Clothjng clutter fixes when kryptopyr releases them.

@ BuddyKidd My esp didn't move into the overwrite probably cos i actually have the latest MO2 build from the Discord channel installed. Darth updated to that when he was trying to sort out the Wrye Bash issues.

I will take a look at all the update i need to do later today for now breakfast with my man.