Monitor Calibration

Farlo

I have my eye an HD projector for this year, and that will certainly require proper calibration. I can sort of justify the expense, because I don't have a TV (on account of the toxic drivel.) It would be great for watching good movies, and games at cinematic sizes will be sweet.

Apparently setting everything on my monitor to default values, including the OS stuff, it looks like crap. Everything's dark and muted... for example, the forum's navbar is almost the same color as the background. Now I've screwed around with it so much that I can't fix it :(

Ok, so just configure custom RBG, contrast and brightness, then apply the ICC?

What about the vibrant color feature from nvidia? It's 50% by default I think, but if I move the slide all the way left my monitor becomes b&w, lol.

You should disable all driver enhancements when adjusting your gamma, contrast or brightness.

Refer to this database - https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#d' date=' try the posted settings and read the review. It is one of the better calibrated models from that year.[/quote']

That site doesn't have mine: ASUS VH236H' date=' can you point me to one?[/quote']

I think my mate has this monitor, or a very similar model, I'll see what he got out of it.

From what I see on AVS Forums and Overclock.net, it's very hard to calibrate this monitor and the results aren't satisfying, to say the least. I can link you to a few more interesting posts I found, but I can't guarantee any luck here.

Refer to this database - https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#d' date=' try the posted settings and read the review. It is one of the better calibrated models from that year.[/quote']

That site doesn't have mine: ASUS VH236H' date=' can you point me to one?[/quote']

I think my mate has this monitor, or a very similar model, I'll see what he got out of it.

From what I see on AVS Forums and Overclock.net, it's very hard to calibrate this monitor and the results aren't satisfying, to say the least. I can link you to a few more interesting posts I found, but I can't guarantee any luck here.

Might as well, it's proving to be a real pain so I just gave up and settled on an over-HDR-ified preset for now.

What about the vibrant color feature from nvidia? It's 50% by default I think, but if I move the slide all the way left my monitor becomes b&w, lol.

You should disable all driver enhancements when adjusting your gamma, contrast or brightness.
It does not give me this option. I can't find where to disable it... slider to the left = b&w

It does not give me this option. I can't find where to disable it... slider to the left = b&w

"Other applications control color settings"

It's good that you mention it, actually. A monitor that is properly calibrated to 6500K, 2.2 Gamma and 120 cd/m2, will usually appear dim and even desaturated to an untrained eye. That feeling goes away rather fast, it only takes a few hours, maybe a couple of days, to get used to the new settings and most people are reluctant to go back to using an uncalibrated monitor. The difference becomes obvious once you start comparing photos on your screen.

• 2 years later...