Issue with DynDOLOD and Legacy of the Dragonborn

floydfire

Question

So i've tried to search for solutions about this issue of mine but i can't seem to find how to fix it definately. So i've got DynDOLOD and followed the guide to install (install was really easy and flawless) my issue is that whenever i enter the back of the lotd where the guildhouse is, it's not all builded. The strange thing is that if i disable and then renable DYNDOLOD via mcm menu it work as intented (i don't know for how much i guess till i left the cell for some time and return) to help understand i've attached an img, also i've installed DYNDOLOD after i started playing skyrim (i know it's not ideal) and i have started with the Relic Hunter addon (which enables the guild from the start) (don't know if this can be any of help). I've also the latest version of LOTD with the rules copied also in DYNDOLOD/DYNDOLOD/RULES (i've overwrite the old with the new).
efkzdl.png

9 answers to this question

The strange thing is that if i disable and then renable DYNDOLOD via mcm menu it work as intented

So everything is fine now? Or does it go back to look incomplete.

What Game version and what DynDOLOD version are you using?

Check Papyrus log for errors.

See this thread for a discussion https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12662-having-issues-with-dyndolod-and-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/

Edited by sheson

So everything is fine now? Or does it go back to look incomplete.

What Game version and what DynDOLOD version are you using?

Check Papyrus log for errors.

See this thread for a discussion https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12662-having-issues-with-dyndolod-and-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/

Sorry forgot to mention the really basic things XD (Thanks btw for your work, dyndolod is really nice and easy to install, don't have any firstborn to spare right now, maybe i can ask my mother for my sister if you want xD) i'm using Skyrim LE latest version with all dlc, and the unofficial legendary patch too dyndolod version is the latest found in nexus (is there another version more updated?) i don't really know if everything is good, i guess i'll try play a bit and see if disabling and enabling dyndolod did the trick, my guess are that it'll return. For what i could see seems like Dyndolod disable the back of the guildhouse and enable some of it as low texture like i'm far away. if i disable and renable sometimes i get z-fighting cause it overlap some parts of the walk in wood. I'll try to play a bit and return, wouldn't be a big issue if it wasn't for the fact that completely disable also the woodwalk for the dev aveza (i'm using the static version) and everytime i go back to solitude with the dev aveza i need to tcl to be able to go into the safehouse or the guildhouse. I noticed that this also happen if i fast travel to the guild house (actually if i fast travel i just fall down and die xD). I'll see how it goes and if it does it again i'll try providing papyrus log

EDIT: no, it returns incomplete, i'll try to provide a papyrus log

Edited by floydfire

Please check the other thread about the enable parents for the references added by Legacy of the Dragonborn and disable/enable them from console without doing anything with DynDOLOD.

See if doing these commands helps resetting the references added by Legacy of the Dragonborn. Replace xx with the hex load order of Legacy of the Dragonborn.

prid xx3431b7

disable

enable

prid xx34311d

disable

enable

prid xx34311e

disable

enable

prid xx34311f

disable

enable

If you make screenshots, make them in daylight and with default weather (sw 15e from console) so we can see something.

If that does not help, when you added DynDOLOD.esp to the clean save, were was that save made? Maybe you could try a clean save in a house in Riften, far away from Solitude, or try a building in Solstheim, actually. This is just an idea.

Edited by sheson

Yea, sorry about the nightly screen, the clean save was made inside the safehouse, i already tried the prid you suggested but doesn't seems to fix (i'll try to look them up the remaining on xedit) another thing i "discovered" is that i made i save while in the hotspring closed skyrim reopened and loaded that save and this is what the hotsprings looked like:
9s7wq9.png

When you say it "doesn't seem to fix" does that mean the missing pieces showed after executing enable or that the missing pieces never showed?

I believe not all 4 form ids need to be enabled once the whole build process complete. The second one might be just frames that usually get disabled again when the house is complete. Just leave the ones not needed disabled. Besides from that the screenshot shows everything loading. Doesn't it stay like this now?

The problem is that the pieces have the IsFullLOD flag set and this is still in the save game. Since they have better performing dynamic LOD now the flag was unset by DynDOLOD. When DynDOLOD.esp is introduced into that clean save it resets the references while it initializes, which usually works to make such objects show again. Something seems to interfere here.

You could also try waiting 10+ in game days away from Solitude to see if the normal cell reset fixes that.

If all else fails, you can remove the overwrites of these references which unsets the IsFullLOD flag. You can use xEdit, build references info for Legacy of Dragonborn (do not press shift at start up) and then look up the 4 form ids from the enable markers. xEdit will list all references using them on the Referenced By tab. Right click the ones in DynDOLOD.esp and select remove.

Edited by sheson

Well for now i guess I'll try doing a clean save from the solstheim Inn XD I'll wait some time I guess the strange thing is that works and not works is not like never works or works XD then if it fails I guess the xedit road doesn't seems a bad idea...