Lock Overhaul (by Quad2Core)

rootsrat

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I've got an issue with this mod - a different one ;-)

I can pick any lock although I've enabled all requirements and my bulky Orc 2-handed brute can still open a master lock - with a lockpicking kill level of 16?! Any idea how to fix this?

I can pick any lock although I've enabled all requirements and my bulky Orc 2-handed brute can still open a master lock - with a lockpicking kill level of 16?! Any idea how to fix this?

I just commented on a similar issue in the Stealth Skills Rebalanced thread. Lock Overhaul is useful in that it allows spells and bashing to open locks. It also adds minimum skill levels for opening locks (you need to check to appropriate box in the MCM menu as it is not enabled by default). I don't like the way this feature works in Lock Overhaul (vs. Stealth Skills Rebalanced) in that it is all-or-nothing; if you are even 1 point below the minimum skill level you can never open the lock (vs. a more progressive change where the chance of successful picking gets higher as your skill increases, but the chance of a novice opening a master lock is extremely low).

I just commented on a similar issue in the Stealth Skills Rebalanced thread. Lock Overhaul is useful in that it allows spells and bashing to open locks. It also adds minimum skill levels for opening locks (you need to check to appropriate box in the MCM menu as it is not enabled by default). I don't like the way this feature works in Lock Overhaul (vs. Stealth Skills Rebalanced) in that it is all-or-nothing; if you are even 1 point below the minimum skill level you can never open the lock (vs. a more progressive change where the chance of successful picking gets higher as your skill increases, but the chance of a novice opening a master lock is extremely low).

Not true if you only enable auto pick and do not enable the hard limits. Anything you can't auto pick it makes you do manually.

Not true if you only enable auto pick and do not enable the hard limits. Anything you can't auto pick it makes you do manually.

But for locks that end up being manually picked it isn't any different than vanilla Skyrim. Autopick is a useful addition as a way to save time if a lock is quite simple relative to your skill. My comment is that the mod doesn't change the difficulty of doing a manual pick vs. some other mods that do.

Yeah I get the messages " ... too complex..." "Ugh' date=' I think that lock is too tough for me" But if I activate it and have lockpicks... tadaaa! can pick it.[/quote']

So does it take a lot longer to pick it? Is it really hard to try or can it be picked like everything else (i.e., just has a very small "sweet spot")?

Yeah I get the messages " ... too complex..." "Ugh' date=' I think that lock is too tough for me" But if I activate it and have lockpicks... tadaaa! can pick it.[/quote']

So does it take a lot longer to pick it? Is it really hard to try or can it be picked like everything else (i.e.' date=' just has a very small "sweet spot")?

[/quote']

well i've already been quite good at mini games so i don't feel any difference in difficulty...

I also have disabled the difficulty gradiation setting or what it's called i just remembered...