MO bug, cant install new mods.

Krotgovnorot

Question

I have a problem I never experienced before. When I am installing literally any mod and then load my save game I see a warning that "this save relies on content no longer available" even trough I did not uninstall any of my mods. When the save loads everything related to mods is gone (Hair, eyes, clothes) and MCM start installing every mods anew, even trough they were already configurated on this save. The only way to fix this problem is to uninstall the freshly installed mod. I tried running LOOT and even starting a new game but nothing helps, seems like its MO problem and not game\mod related one. What is this and how do I fix it? 

6 answers to this question

Welcome to STEP @Krotgovnorot

The error message doesn't seem to match with the problem you are describing. You talk of installing mods but the error is related to loading saved games.

The saved game message is simply saying the plugins for that save are no longer active, this can have no impact on what/how you install mods.

You could also assist us by providing more detail about your setup. MCM is the only indication to the sort of game you have but it could be FO3, FNV or FO4. We have no way of knowing. Additionally is this for MO1 or MO2?

In either case your logs will assist us in seeing what is happening. Please post them inside "spoiler" tags or use an online host like PasteBin and provide links to them.

Sorry I forget to mention, game is Skyrim (Not SE) and MO version is v1.3.11

And its not related to saved games only. When I start a new game some mods are still missing judging by Additem menu and lack of sliders in Racemenu. 

I cant provide my log trough pasterbin, my browser lag horribly when I copy so much text to it. Would it be alright if I upload my txt logs? 

Here are logs from my last 2 attempts at loading a save and getting this error:

https://dropmefiles.com/nl5Cy

https://dropmefiles.com/kbgAT

And also "ModOrganizer" log:

https://dropmefiles.com/hVC1g

There are a couple of things here that need addressing.

It is hard to tell exactly but you have a lot of mods installed, it is quite possible you have reached the plugin limit. How many plugins are loading according to MO's right-hand pane?

Also the path to your game seems to indicate you are using a non-Steam version of the game. STEP and the MO/MO2 development team do not support this. If you are indeed using a legitimate version of the game you will need to provide more proof of this.

I am not going to provide more than this until it is shown otherwise to be a legitimate game.

I have 255 plugins active. Never heard of the limit. And yes its not a steam version of skyrim. I have it on steam but prefer to run a non steam one because steam running in the background use too much resources and my PC is not that powerful to allow unnecessary processes in the background. 

You've definitely reached the limit.

I will not question your motivation/reasons for using a crack'd version but I will restate our stance here that we will not provide support for any game that is used that way.

Google will provide any further answers to you plugin limit and what you will need to do.