Merge Plugins load order headache

thelegg77

Question

Hello all,

I created a merge patch of some weapon mods, all good no problems, called it 'Weapon Merge.esp'

I then wanted to create a merge of several MLU patches, a couple of which depend upon the new weapon merge created above.

I put the weapon merge in the correct load order and confirm it is in the load order in the Plugins.txt that Merge Plugins uses to order the eps.

However upon loading of Merge Plugins the 'Weapon Merge.esp' is at the bottom of my load order in the esp selection window.

As a result I cannot now create the new merge patch as the Weapon Merge.esp is loading below the patches to merged.

Is there a way to manually move Weapon Merge.esp to its correct load order position?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Worked around the issue by copying the Weapon Merge.esp and naming the copy FAKE_Weapon Merge.esp.  Used WYre bash to change the masters of the patches to be merged into the FAKE esp.

Once new merge plugin created change the master back to proper Weapon Merge.esp via Wyre Bash.

Hope it works

You should never merge plugins that are required by masters by other plugins.

You should never have plugins that are dependent on plugins you merged unless they are dynamically generated plugins (which should not be merged).

You should never merge merged plugins (instead, just rebuild the merge from the source plugins).