Photo

MO is not loading ANY of the installed mods

installation

Best Answer kylominogo , 23 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

its been fixed. i just uninstalled and deleted all traces of NMM and skyrim off my computer. clean my disk. and its working. just needed to reset everything and place my directories differently. appreciate it guys!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:33 AM

I am very new to modding and i love mods! Ive been using Skyrim Mod Manager up until today and when i tried switching over to Mod Organizer, after installing all of my desired mods, none of the mods i downloaded and installed loaded into a new game i started. NONE. Alternate start, SKYUI, CBBE body replacers, nothing. In fact, the only mods that were being carried over were from the ones from Mod Manager. Ive tried changing the file path in MO to the skyrim folder in steamapps and to my surprise, it just removed and deleted every mod i had installed in MO. (which had me fuming) Ive tried uninstalling and reinstallin both NMM and MO and same thing. Ive tried moving the Steam folder to the C: drive whereas i previously had it in my D: drive.

I just want to start a nice game and finally finish a playthrough with the mods i want, but everytime i try a new solution i see online, it only seems to make things worse and worse to where im afraid to even touch my steam folder or open any game because i have no idea what im doing.. if ANYONE can help. itd be greatly appreciated. S.O.S

If any of you need pictures to file paths and things then:

https://imgur.com/yRaBVlx (current location of skyrim)

https://imgur.com/QBoNIju (what happened after i tried changing the file path in MO)

https://imgur.com/85NCTSp (where mods and MO currently is)

if you need more then let me know. ill be glad to share.

Edited by kylominogo, 19 February 2018 - 03:36 AM.

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

If you are using Mod Organizer, the game's data folder should contain nothing other than the vanilla masters and DLCs. If you have any other mods installed in the game's data folder from Nexus Mod Manager, promptly remove them. You should have ENBoost and SKSE installed in the game folder. Try it again after you've straightened out the game's data folder to see if this helps. If you're still having the same issue, enable the debug option in Mod Organizer, try running the game with all mods enabled, and post the Mod Organizer log file so we try to determine what's going on. If the log file is too large, you can paste it into pastebin and provide the pastebin link in your post.

#3 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Okay im sorry but i dont know what you mean by data folder. do you mean you want me to remove all mods installed from NMM in the application itself? or sift through the MO's actual folder and delete it?

https://www.nexusmod...yrim/mods/38649

and is this what you mean by enboost? and if it is then where do install it to? it should be just a mod that will show up in MO when i download it right? and yeah i have SKSE downloaded properly and inside the skyrim game file. i tried downloading SKYUI through NMM however, and it did infact work and show up in the game.

Edited by kylominogo, 19 February 2018 - 03:02 PM.

#4 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

heres the log btw

#5 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

also i dont know if this helps but everytime i launch skyrim through MO this appears:

"Failed to start ""d:/program files (x86)/steam/steam.exe"

evrytime ive tried to launch skyrim since i first installed MO has showed this everytime. i dont know if this means anything or not, but normally when something fails... well yeah.

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

Can you please post your ModOrganizer.INI? Please use spoiler tags around your post, how to do that is shown in the Citizenship Guidelines linked in the bottom right of every page.

The logs show MO is trying to look for Steam.exe as the game that it is managing, not Tesv.exe.

#7 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

Is this what you needed? so MO trying to manage the wrong file then?

Edited by kylominogo, 19 February 2018 - 09:06 PM.

#8 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

No. Your using MO version 1 correct? So in the same folder as the ModOrganizer executable is a file called ModOrganizer.ini. Make sure Windows isn't hiding file extensions. It isn't a large file only a few Kb in size.

That will tell me what you have setup.

#9 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

is this it? and yes i believe so

Edited by kylominogo, 19 February 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#10 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

In MO's settings, what changes, if any, have you set? Especially with regards to the Steam App Id.

This setting I am unsure about:

[DialogChoices]
steamQuery=16384

I don't believe there is any necessity to have it explicitly set in the INI, I have never seen it.

#11 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

In MO's settings, what changes, if any, have you set? Especially with regards to the Steam App Id.

This setting I am unsure about:

[DialogChoices]
steamQuery=16384

I don't believe there is any necessity to have it explicitly set in the INI, I have never seen it.

i havent made any settings changes through MO. ive uninstalled/reinstalled it multiple times so it should be clean. ive never done anything else to it. so youre not sure as to what i should do? cause honestly i have no idea.

Edited by kylominogo, 20 February 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#12 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

It do not know why MO would be trying to call Steam.exe instead of the actual game.

If the game runs from its own shortcut on the desktop, MO should likewise be able to call it correctly.

One thing that I did miss in your INI from the other days is: SKSE appears to be called from a folder on the desktop. This is not how it should be installed. SKSE needs to reside inside the actual game install. The scripts folder can however be installed inside MO but the actual loader needs to be in the game install.

#13 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

and it is i believe. i have the scripts installed into MO, the actual executable in the skyrim game folder, as well as spare folders in case i need SKSE again. and if i run SKSE through the skyrim folder executable i can run SKSE just fine (i checked in the console commands when i opened skyrim) but even if that is the case, would that prevent MO from recognizing the skyrim game? i guess thats the main issue here? i dont know.

#14 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Is Steam currently running as a service in your system? When you start Skyrim from MO Steam is still running?

You can, if you wish, install another instance of MO in another location and see if by default it sees all the executables and runs them accordingly, I'd be interested to see how that went.

There is no reason I can see why it isn't working now so I'm really not sure where to go with it now.

#15 kylominogo

kylominogo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Yes i believe it is. and yes when i start MO steam is running as well. but i have also started it even when steam wasnt on and the effects were the same. it didnt work.

I have tried doing that, it was the same thing. it just would not load the mods i had installed. no matter what they were or how i did it. manually or by MO itself. 

Im just thinking of completely removing steam and all traces of skyrim from my computer. and then cleaning my disk and then try to reinstall everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users