Photo

Mysterious Stranger/Miss Fortune Shoot REMs...

help error mod newvegas fallout_nv

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 se7enex

se7enex

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

Welp, I installed most mods in the F&L with only a few supplemental mods that shouldn't interfere. Everything works perfect, I have Auto-AI on and always bash when a new mod is added or removed.

Everything except one very specific issue. MS and MF both appear fine however they shoot Red Exclamation Marks. Yup. No idea how this even happens because I have a .44 Revolver and it shoots fine with no errors. I can only assume somehow they use a unique mesh for their bullets that isn't being found in the mod folders. If anyone could help me fix this or simply provide me a mesh folder that I could use to fix this I would be eternally grateful. 

(Bonus-If anyone knows how to fix the Stranger chilling for 10-20 seconds after shooting constantly without having to use a semi-broken mod I'll love you forever, just not as much forever than if you also help with my main issue)

Please use spoiler tags for long lists of text.

Attached Files

Edited by Greg, 01 March 2018 - 07:26 PM.
Added spoiler tags

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

I have no idea why you are seeing either of these issues and I assume when you say they shoot red exclamation marks you mean the tracer or the muzzle flash. In any case, I think you'll have to track down which mesh and texture(s) this is using to figure out which file is missing and which mod may provide this file. I don't know enough about the Fallout record structures to know where to start, though. All I can really say is that I have the entire Fear and Loathing guide installed and I'm not seeing either of these issues.

#3 se7enex

se7enex

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

I have no idea why you are seeing either of these issues and I assume when you say they shoot red exclamation marks you mean the tracer or the muzzle flash. In any case, I think you'll have to track down which mesh and texture(s) this is using to figure out which file is missing and which mod may provide this file. I don't know enough about the Fallout record structures to know where to start, though. All I can really say is that I have the entire Fear and Loathing guide installed and I'm not seeing either of these issues.

Thanks for the spoiler addition, I tried to look for a formatting guide for this website and couldn't find one and I don't see any spoiler options in the posting editor.  :confusion: 

Anywho, they actually SHOOT the exclamation marks, that's the thing. It's hard to spot but the marks will essentially move "into" the target like a bullet would then dissapear, that's what makes it weird since .44 weapons are perfectly fine when me and other NPCs use them. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, error, mod, newvegas, fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users