Bruma LODs - very quick question

Bluegunk

Question

Skyrim SE, Bruma.

I notice there were issues with Bruma static LOD ('Oldrim' Bruma forum), and you recommended generating tree LOD only for the region.

How do I omit the Bruma static LOD using the DynDOLOD interface, please?

Or do I need to do that at Mod level?

I unpacked the Bruma SE BSA to access tree LOD.

Thanks!

First run of DynDOLOD, select options as usual, but make sure not to select BSHeartland. Save and install. Second run, with DynDOLOD plugins in the load order, on the advanced options select BSHeartland only and do not select the Generate static LOD checkbox. Afterwards save and merge output with already installed one, overwrite any older existing file.

You could also just generate everything as usual, and then just manually delete all *.bto meshes from output in ../meshes/terrain/BSHeartland/Objects/*.*

First run of DynDOLOD, select options as usual, but make sure not to select BSHeartland. Save and install. Second run, with DynDOLOD plugins in the load order, on the advanced options select BSHeartland only and do not select the Generate static LOD checkbox. Afterwards save and merge output with already installed one, overwrite any older existing file.

You could also just generate everything as usual, and then just manually delete all *.bto meshes from output in ../meshes/terrain/BSHeartland/Objects/*.*

Thanks for this, been trying to figure this out too. Sheson, do we need to unpack Bruma's BSAs or fine to leave them packed?

Thanks for this, been trying to figure this out too. Sheson, do we need to unpack Bruma's BSAs or fine to leave them packed?

There is no need to do anything to the BSA. The loose tree LOD from DynDOLOD output will overwrite whatever is in there.

Do not forget to install the Bruma billboards from mobiusbelmont before generating,

Edited by sheson

You could even do object LOD with Bruma if you like.

It is just that the included LOD was generated with more data and LOD assets than are available to use in the public download, so the included LOD covers a few more key objects than is possible for us.

There is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11010/, though I do not know if it still works OK.

You could always do object LOD for testing and see how it compares. In case you don't like it, you can just remove/hide ../meshes/terrain/BSHeartland/Objects/*.bto from the output without consequence to the save.

Currently DynDOLOD has no resources for any new assets from Bruma either, e.g. there are no glow LOD windows for the new buildings for example.

Edited by sheson

Yup, thanks Sheson.  I edited the wrong file when trying to solve myself.  Posting the fix here in case someone else has a "moment".

Re Bruma LODs

If you want to generate (tree) LOD for the new worldspace, you will need to edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt and remove/change the line "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm". Just adding an X in front would be enough for it to show in the world selection drop down agan.

Edited by dcads

Sorry for the rez, but this was a top result on google when I searched so will likely become relevant for others in the future. I want to summarize my understanding of everything so far to ensure I'm getting it all right, and give an opportunity for this thread to be updated if anything has changed.

1. The current version of DynDOLOD (2.43 at time of writing) hides BSheartland (Beyond Skyrim Bruma's worldspace) entirely so LODs can't be generated for it. If you want to generate LODs for this worldspace you'll need to remove the BSHeartland entry in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt.

2. If you decide to generate LOD for BSheartland (bruma) you can run DynDOLOD twice and merge the results or delete the .bto files for bruma. More detailed instructions in post #2

3. We can ignore all of this and just generate all LODs like we would normally for all world spaces including Bruma, but some objects will be missing in the distance.

4. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11010/ claims to partially fix #3 above by adding the imperial city whitegold tower back into LOD and the map.

Where I'm still confused is, is that linked mod enough? Is there a sufficiently distracting lack of LOD still in this worldspace or was that really the only thing anyone was bothered by? Also, if I ignore bruma and don't generate treelod for it at all isn't it going to be hideous, or does it use all it's own custom trees with prebaked lod? I've never actually played in that worldspace yet despite all my hours in this game -_-.

Edited by Drexl

Sorry for the rez, but this was a top result on google when I searched so will likely become relevant for others in the future. I want to summarize my understanding of everything so far to ensure I'm getting it all right, and give an opportunity for this thread to be updated if anything has changed.

1. The current version of DynDOLOD (2.43 at time of writing) hides BSheartland (Beyond Skyrim Bruma's worldspace) entirely so LODs can't be generated for it. If you want to generate LODs for this worldspace you'll need to remove the BSHeartland entry in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt.

2. If you decide to generate LOD for BSheartland (bruma) you can run DynDOLOD twice and merge the results or delete the .bto files for bruma. More detailed instructions in post #2

3. We can ignore all of this and just generate all LODs like we would normally for all world spaces including Bruma, but some objects will be missing in the distance.

4. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11010/ claims to partially fix #3 above by adding the imperial city whitegold tower back into LOD and the map.

Where I'm still confused is, is that linked mod enough? Is there a sufficiently distracting lack of LOD still in this worldspace or was that really the only thing anyone was bothered by? Also, if I ignore bruma and don't generate treelod for it at all isn't it going to be hideous, or does it use all it's own custom trees with prebaked lod? I've never actually played in that worldspace yet despite all my hours in this game -_-.

The LOD included in Bruma has some more objects in the distance that will be missing when generating object LOD. If you notice or care depends on you.

If you do not like the included tree LOD generate your own. Billboards https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85024/

For now I'll probably just leave it alone. I've spent several days preparing for this playthrough anyway. Possibly unrelated, but I noticed that the DynDolod log is listing BSHeartland.esm as a master for DynDOLOD.esm. This is probably showing my ignorance, but why is that happening if that worldspace isn't being touched at all by DynDOLOD?

Edited by Drexl