If I wanted to add some Night Lights to High Hrothgar that were visible from afar...

kojak747

Question

should/could I use DynDOLOD to do the work? I'm thinking of how the glow meshes work for the fake lights in child worlds and thinking of utilising the same meshes to add fake lights to High Hrothgar. But is that even possible - because I would love to light that bugger up :)

Edited by kojak747

3 answers to this question

If there are LIGHts in that area that are large enough (> 256 units, otherwise edit DynDOLOD INI FakeLightsMinScale) and select the Fake lights selected world checkbox, they should show up there (and everywhere else) automatically.

If you have a specific LIGHt reference in mind you can add a rule for its reference form id.

Edited by sheson

"If you have a specific LIGHt reference in mind you can add a rule for its reference form id." - FANTASTIC!!! 

It's just a few bulbs I want to enable that illuminate High hrothgar courtyard/towers. I'll have a look through the documentation to see if I can find that section. I'm guessing that the bulb/reference with the rule gets replaced by a fake light/glow mesh and if that is the case, is it possible to make a specific glow mesh for that reference "unique"? i.e Apply HighHrothgar Fake Light Glow Mesh to these Light references? Or maybe there is an easier way to do this?

LIGHts without a model are hardcoded to use Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxglowdefaultX_dyndolod_lod.nif where X is the number set in DynDOLOD INI for FakeLightsIntensity

There will be a new STAT record in the DynDOLOD plugin for each different LIGH base record for which dynamic LOD is added. So for now you would have to manually change the used nif. Just look for the original EditorID of the base record with _DynDOLOD_LOD appended, e.g. SLightStreetStreet01_DynDOLOD_LOD

A form id rule could look like this

Mesh mask / FID = skryim.esm;000F1E56

LOD4/8/16 = empty

VWD = unchecked

Grid = Far LOD

Reference = Unchanged

This will only work properly with DynDOLOD 2.36 beta 9 or newer.