Skyrim Performance Monitor (by mnelson999)

stoppingby4now

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using WIN10 and SPM together a long while.

Here is how I have it setup.

pNA12eFeaLFeFWjK

CNm6oWoz8ZQIFnBu

SPM will block keyboard input after it has run. You either have to exit the program or hit the reset button.

Usage is to use the SPM launch skyrim button. Even if MO is running. This will set SPM to monitor. Once you launch Skyrim from MO it should begin to log. 

The custom FPS support mostly seems to work. I have had a couple of lockups on launch of skyrim.

You also need to beaware of any other programs, virus detector and such. These can interfer.

The notes supplies under the blue ? are very informative.

This is a nice all in one package. Easier to use the a GPU-Z, FRAPS combo.  To get the timing between GPU-Z and FRAPS you have to hand edit the GPU-Z log. The best thing about SPM is the instant feedback.

Hope this is helpful and that you get it working.

Had it working before I did the WIN10 plunge, but never set it up again afterwards since I wasn't doing any T/S at the time. Then I started CTD'ing near the Whiterun River road, tried to get it up, and no bueno. Still rebuilding the STEP portion of my build for testing. I'll get it working, I'm sure.

• 4 months later...

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but there doesn't seem to be a newer one. ...

Two questions:

1. Should we be setting Skyrim Performance Monitor to point to skyrim.ini or to skyrimprefs.ini? The help topic within the application says to use either. Gopher's video shows skyrim.ini. (In fact, he points to the primary .ini, rather than to the one lurking with a given MO profile.) Some screenshots on this thread show one, but others show the other. Is Skyrim Performance Monitor reading settings that are always common to both?

2. If we wanted to assess a different MO profile, would we simply point to a different .ini from within Skyrim Performance Monitor?

Edited by sr383

I think the only reason Skyrim Performance Monitor wants access to the skyrim.ini file is so it can set the "Disable the 'Bethesda Game Studios' Start Video" option if it's checked and perhaps the video card option. I don't use either of these options so I pointed it to Documents/My Games/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs.ini.