how to use mod organizer 2 in portable mode?

Vakarlan

Question

As mentioned, I just got back into skyrim modding, and have reached the 255 plugin limit, after installing merge plugins and tried to merge my plugins, it failed, after doing a google search I found out about a "portable mode" for MO2, how do i run it? Please help!

Regards

7 answers to this question

Hi sorry again, my command of English isn't that great, so just wanted to confirm with you, all I need to do is first, back up my MO2 mods location which is in my appdata, then I copy the whole content into anywhere that is NOT appdata, and thats all I need to do? Please reply. Thanks!

I'm not 100% certain, I've never had to perform this conversion myself.  I would think it would require you to back that data up, delete it from the appdata folder, then start MO and select "portable mode", then put the backed up data into MO's installation folder.

I'm not 100% certain, I've never had to perform this conversion myself.  I would think it would require you to back that data up, delete it from the appdata folder, then start MO and select "portable mode", then put the backed up data into MO's installation folder.

Thank you so much for your time!

Edited by Vakarlan

Hi sorry again, my command of English isn't that great, so just wanted to confirm with you, all I need to do is first, back up my MO2 mods location which is in my appdata, then I copy the whole content into anywhere that is NOT appdata, and thats all I need to do? Please reply. Thanks!

All you really need to do is hit the "Instance" button (first button on the menu bar) and select portable. Then move the files/folders from the appdata folder to the MO2 folder. The great thing about MO2 is one install can be used for all your games when using "instances", however, when used as "portable" it behaves more like the original MO and stores everything in the MO folder. When using portable, you can only use MO2 for one single game...meaning you have to have an install of MO2 for each game when using portable.

Personally, I have MO2 set up to handle my "playing" from instances and, thus, a single install. Then I have two additional installs of MO2; one for Skyrim LE and one for Skyrim SE, which I use strictly for mod authoring. This keeps my authoring files completely separated from my the installs that I use to play the game.

Personally, I have MO2 set up to handle my "playing" from instances and, thus, a single install. Then I have two additional installs of MO2; one for Skyrim LE and one for Skyrim SE, which I use strictly for mod authoring. This keeps my authoring files completely separated from my the installs that I use to play the game.

I think the reason he asked this here is because the Mod Organizer integration in Merge Plugins only works when MO2 is installed in portable mode.

All you really need to do is hit the "Instance" button (first button on the menu bar) and select portable. Then move the files/folders from the appdata folder to the MO2 folder. The great thing about MO2 is one install can be used for all your games when using "instances", however, when used as "portable" it behaves more like the original MO and stores everything in the MO folder. When using portable, you can only use MO2 for one single game...meaning you have to have an install of MO2 for each game when using portable.

Noted ! Thanks to both of you guys! I will try and solve this out next week when I have a few hours to mod my skyrim. I wish both of you a nice day and the patience to help me in such a small matter due to my poor understanding of the language!

Regards.

Edited by Vakarlan