Wiki is down

Eichkater

Question

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been messing with things on and off most of the day.

Recent additions to the wiki have overloaded associated processes, I suspect. THis would have started on the 17th, so whomever has created anything really big (Pack guide maybe?) has likely put us over the top.

We may need to disable the offending pages to resolve until I can figure out another way.

I have been messing with things on and off most of the day.

Recent additions to the wiki have overloaded associated processes, I suspect. THis would have started on the 17th, so whomever has created anything really big (Pack guide maybe?) has likely put us over the top.

We may need to disable the offending pages to resolve until I can figure out another way.

If it will help, please feel free to delete all of my old content. The only two I would like to keep are the one last edited on February 3, 2018: https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Diana_TES_GotH/Morroblivion_Overhaul&oldid=101827. I would also like to keep the last revision. 

Or, if you wish to grant me the ability to delete the old content myself, I will gladly do that to free you or the other moderators up.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

At this point, I don't think we need to delete anything. The ultimate issue is the Semantic Mediawiki software and config ... it may be that we have reached the cap of what Semantic will support as we have it configured. I suspect that our requests timeout is too restrictive and that the wiki is just taking a while to serve up pages that are not cached ... among other things relating to memory, process workers, and PHP as it relates to the wiki. Forums run fine, as always.

I will keep looking into it, but s4n had implemented many security barriers that make access to some config settings very difficult for me to troubleshoot/edit ... and he is MIA, so it could be a while before I can resolve.

Bouncing PHP fixes but only for minutes now when it used to be months.

Not sure if this helps you norrow stuff down Z but I managed to check wiki.step-project.com/Special:RecentChanges and the only users that haved edited wiki stuff since 17th are Me, Diana and Razoredge.

Oh no, we broke the Wiki.  :crash:

I did add the STEP Donate button to my page. The following has been growing and we've built up a good group on our discord server. I was hoping to help drum up more support for STEP, but is it possible by adding the Donate button, I caused the problem?

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH