DoubleYou

I do have ENBoost. I don't have Crash Fixes because I wasn't sure how to use the SKSE Preloader with MO2 to preload the Crash Fix before the game. So I haven't initialized that one. Is there a tutorial you could recommend for that? I'd really like to give your suggestion a try. I don't see how the minor ini tweaks the ENB recommends would ctd my game and make it unplayable from start. But I'm happy to run down any suggestions that someone might make.

1. Drop the d3dx9_42.dll from SKSE Preloader into the main Skyrim directory (where TESV.exe is located).

2. Download and install Crash Fixes into Mod Organizer like any other mod.

3. Setup the CrashFixPlugin.ini to your liking. You can do this by double-clicking the mod in Mod Organizer and going to the INI files tab. Set UseOSAllocators=1.

OK. I am guessing that I lowered something more than I should have. Try the higher presets and tell me when the problem disappears.

It stops breaking at the poor preset, on a side note, certain hairs make my characters eyes/single eye disappear and I can see into the eye sockets, some help with that would be appreciated.

That may be in combination with another mod - you aren't running the most recent RaceMenu are you? I has a known bug that sounds similar to this, and has a fix for it posted in it's comments section. Otherwise... all I can say is that won't be BETHIni causing that issue.

1. Drop the d3dx9_42.dll from SKSE Preloader into the main Skyrim directory (where TESV.exe is located).

2. Download and install Crash Fixes into Mod Organizer like any other mod.

3. Setup the CrashFixPlugin.ini to your liking. You can do this by double-clicking the mod in Mod Organizer and going to the INI files tab. Set UseOSAllocators=1.

Thanks I followed this and I didn't get the ctd at Windhelm that I normally do. But it was staggering quite badly. Worse, when I got into the city, the interior cells wouldn't load. At the Dunmer Merchant's I got a yellow screen, even though they were moving and talking and I could move and select things with the cursor, that would show up with text only. The screen didn't go away. I tried going into Candlehearth Hall and I got a black screen that slowly started with the smoke effect the start up loading screen has. I had to task manager out of that one because I couldn't do anything with it. I'm not finding anything on Google that seems to explain this. Do you have any ideas?

It depends on the area. I'd say around 35-66? I started a new game and so far so good. But I was getting error messages about missing NIFs that seemed to be related to sound files. I Googled for a solution and found something about deleting the plugins and load order texts, so they could be regenerated. That seemed to help slightly. But my game is still ctding.

Edit: Also, every time it crashes I seem to have an SKSE file in my Overwrite mod. I've read that you can just delete them. But it's strange it always happens when there is a ctd. Just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Darklustre

Crash fixes warns you about missing nif files, caused by mods than can cause crashes, if I am not mistaken. The file generated in Overwrite is a log file that might tell you which files are the issue. From this, I think your issue isn't necessarily with BethINI, but something else. If you Google the missing nif file message, you may be able to track down the offending mod.

Thanks. I will do that if it comes up again. I think my issue with Windhelm is that I have a mod overwriting Holds called Snow City. It's worked just fine before. But after installing the Crash Fixes it seems to be glitching. Inside the city isn't generating correctly. MO2 doesn't show Snow City overwriting Holds anymore. Before I got an overwritten mod indication on that. I've tried lowering it further in the load order. But it's still not showing that it's overwriting Holds. Ugh, the problems seem neverending. I fix one problem then get another problem that causes another problem...

Do you have any ideas about this one?