DoubleYou

Well, there really aren't that many things different beyond shadows and decals between poor and low. Try increasing the Decal Fade setting and see if that changes it? Or add shadows into the mix. Maybe enable the tree animations? Kinda doubt trees would affect hair, but I'm grasping at straws in this case.

Would you maybe know the answer to this one: I keep crashing and it tells me corrupt nif and sound files. So I look and the AOS audio overhaul is no longer in the plugins. It's no longer in my mod list. In downloads it says I need to double click to install. However, it's already been installed and is running in my game! I didn't remove it. I never unchecked it. So why is it suddenly not in my plugins? This has happened a few times. My mods are suddenly uninstalled. But I've been playing them so they already were installed. I haven't come across anything that explains that one. The whole program seems buggy to me. I've had a lot of issues with MO2.

Version 3.0

• New Feature: Added support for Enderal: Forgotten Stories from Steam. Please let me know of any issues. This took a huge amount of modification to my code to add.
  • New Feature: Added Summary of Changes window. This will tell you every change that BethINI has made during the current session. It will also automatically be appended to the log file each run.
  • Behind the Scenes: New functionality for detecting invalid settings and removing them added. This allows the removal of invalid settings by checking each individual line against the INI dump and removing those that were not found. This functionality replaces the tedious line-by-line method I previously employed in FixINI(). Any setting that is removed incorrectly will need to be added to the INI dump upon verification.
  • Known issue: Summary of Changes only tells which settings changed if they were already in the INI file.
  • Unlocked Tweak: Bethesda Modding Platform checkbox re-added for Skyrim Special Edition, since it disables the Creation Club News and is therefore a welcome tweak :)
  • Bugfix: Skyrim Special Edition Distant Object Detail settings would not be updated in the GUI when changing presets.
  • Bugfix: Skyrim Special Edition Object Detail Fade dropdown didn't actually change the settings if the user selected either Default or Ultra.
  • Bugfix/Kinda: (All games except Oblivion) AudioMenu tweaks will no longer be changed when the user clicks the Default button. This way you don't have to fear losing your custom Sound preferences when resetting your INIs.
  • Bugfix/Kinda: Any custom value set for sLocalSavePath(General) will survive the Default button.
  • Bugfix/Kinda: Any custom value set for iScreenShotIndex(Display) will survive the Default button.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to use this software with MO2 and whenever i click save and exit it removes every single ini setting and says that everything is invalid and then saves and exits leaving my inis blank except for the categories. any help would be appreciated.

Please verify that you extracted the entire BethINI archive.

I extracted the entire folder from the 'Standalone' Version, I also cleared it with my Anti-Virus software which originally wouldn't let me open it.

Could you give me the log.txt file with this happening? Also, what game you are using, and the contents of BethINI.ini.

I've had two reports of this so far, and both instances the antivirus messed with it. You may try the Autohotkey script version and see if that changes things. I have not been able to reproduce this unless BethINI's files were tampered with.

Could you give me the log.txt file with this happening? Also, what game you are using, and the contents of BethINI.ini.

I've had two reports of this so far, and both instances the antivirus messed with it. You may try the Autohotkey script version and see if that changes things. I have not been able to reproduce this unless BethINI's files were tampered with.

I'm playing skyrim. this is the log.txt. also what do you mean quotes

15:03:41.420: Mod Organizer is not portable. Try Mod Organizer 2 AppData location.
15:03:41.420: ModOrganizer.ini for Skyrim found at C:\Users\DiamondLink\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim
15:03:41.436: Mod Organizer 2 Base Directory is C:\Users\DiamondLink\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim
15:03:41.436: Mod Organizer profiles for Skyrim are located at C:\Users\DiamondLink\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim\profiles
15:03:41.467: User closed Mod Organizer before continuing. Draugr Apocalypse averted.
15:03:41.483: Backing up INIs...
15:03:41.483: C:\Users\DiamondLink\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimCustom.ini does not exist, so it will not be backed up.
15:03:41.499: Finished backing up any INI files.
15:03:41.499: Applying mod-suggested INI tweaks.
15:03:41.514: plugins.txt is located here: C:\Users\DiamondLink\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt
15:03:41.514: plugins.txt is located here: C:\Users\DiamondLink\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt
15:03:41.530: Finished applying mod-suggested INI tweaks.
15:03:41.967: INI files shall not be set to read-only.
15:03:42.046: 1st Person Arrow Tilt-up Angle set to 2
15:03:42.046: 3rd Person Arrow Tilt-up Angle set to 2.5
15:03:42.061: 1st Person Bolt Tilt-up Angle set to 1
15:03:42.077: Lock sensitivity has been set to 0.0125.
15:03:42.077: Cursor velocity has been set to 1.00.
15:03:42.092: Mouse Y scale set to 0.8500.
15:03:42.092: Mouse Wheel Zoom Speed has been set to 0.80.
15:03:42.092: Mouse X scale set to 0.0200.
15:03:42.186: Sun-Shadow Update Time set to 1
15:03:42.186: Sun-Shadow Update Threshold set to 0.5
15:03:42.233: All fade distance settings will be multiplied by 1.00 in-game.
15:03:42.233: The distance that objects can be seen has been set to 5.0.
15:03:42.249: The distance that items can be seen has been set to 3.0.
15:03:42.249: The distance that grass can be seen has been set to 4100.
15:03:42.264: The distance that light can be seen has been set to 1350.
15:03:42.264: The grid that will be actively rendered and processed around the PC has been set to 5 by 5.
15:03:42.280: The distance that actors can be seen has been set to 6.0.
15:03:42.296: Distant Object Detail Level 4 has been set to 20480.
15:03:42.311: Distant Object Detail Level 8 has been set to 32768.
15:03:42.327: Distant Object Detail Level 16 has been set to 100000.
15:03:42.342: Landscape LOD multiplier has been set to 0.750.
15:03:42.405: Grass density has been set to 20 (higher values produce less grass).
15:03:42.405: Grass diversity has been set to 2.
15:03:42.483: Gamma has been set to 1.0000.
15:03:42.499: ENB is turned on in ENBlocal.ini. ENB Mode shall be checked.
15:03:42.514: Shadows are now enabled.
15:03:42.530: The resolution of shadows has been set to 1024.
15:03:42.530: Deferred rendering of shadows is now enabled.
15:03:42.546: Land objects such as mountains and rocks now can cast shadows.
15:03:42.546: Precise lighting is now enabled.
15:03:42.561: Objects now can cast shadows upon generated grass.
15:03:42.561: Trees now can cast shadows upon themselves.
15:03:42.577: The blurring applied to shadows has been set to 5.
15:03:42.577: Antialiasing has been disabled.
15:03:42.592: Depth of field is now enabled.
15:03:42.592: All ENB settings have been corrected.
15:03:42.936: BethINI startup completed.
Edited by sdwav

Where you have BethINI installed, I need the BethINI.ini file contents.

[General]
sGameName=Skyrim
sRestartedFromSetupTab=0
bCreationKit=0
sVideoCard="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"
[Directories]
sSkyrimGameSettingsPath=C:\Users\DiamondLink\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\
sGamePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\
sSkyrimModOrganizerPath=C:\Modding\MO2\

Just tried the AHK version. The issue 'm having seems to be consistent with both no matter what i select it will launch in widowed mod in a small corner of my monitor. Now i can'te even play the game as SKSE stops responding whenever i try to load a save.

Edited by sdwav

Right. Go to Setup and under Restore Backup, select Before BethINI. This will restore your previous INI files so you can still play until I get this fixed. You can use version 2.9 off the Skyrim Special Edition Nexus if you want, as it doesn't suffer from this bug.

Version 3.0.1

• Behind the Scenes: If Mod Organizer isn't found, it will display "NOT FOUND" instead of "ERROR" in the Setup tab.
  • Behind the Scenes: If JIP LN NVSE Plugin is used for Fallout New Vegas, Fallout.ini will no longer be copied to Fallout_default.ini in the game directory, since FalloutCustom.ini will be able to successfully override Fallout.ini once the buggy Fallout New Vegas force overwrites Fallout.ini with Fallout_default.ini. Also, if JIP LN NVSE Plugin is not being used to enable the FalloutCustom.ini, and BethINI does copy Fallout.ini to Fallout_default.ini to avoid its settings being deleted, a backup of Fallout_default.ini will be created called Fallout_default.ini.BethINIbackup. In this manner, the original Fallout_default.ini shall be preserved if later needed. This is an attempt to resolve the problem mentioned here (I do not and have not used Tale of Two Wastelands, so I cannot vouch for compatibility. If anyone, however, were to guide me to any incompatibilities, I will be happy to provide a patch.): https://taleoftwowastelands.com/viewtopic.php?t=7042
  • Behind the Scenes: Improved the detection of Mod Organizer profiles.
  • Bugfix attempt: Having trouble tracking down a bug that can cause all INI settings to be removed leaving only the sections. I have added a number of checks and balances that hopefully should clear up this problem, as well as a possible fix for how this might occur. I am still unsure how this problem occurs, as I have not been able to reproduce it. Summary of Changes may not be as helpful for users affected by this bug.

I am hoping that this will fix your issue, sdwav.