DoubleYou

• 2 weeks later...
I have successfully contacted the antiviruses that have been flagging my file on VirusTotal and cleared my file prior to this release. Hopefully this should clear up the issues users have experienced with their antiviruses deleting my file. Anyone still having issues should tell me the name of the antivirus so that hopefully I can contact them and have it cleared.

Version 3.1:

• New Tweak: Allow 3.0 Shaders under Basic for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Music under General for Oblivion.

• New Tweak: Max Footstep Distance (Audio setting) under General for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Player Footsteps (Audio setting) under General for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Max Autosaves under General for Skyrim, Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.

• New Tweak: Time Speed under Gameplay for Oblivion.

• New Tweak: Use Joystick under Interface for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Allow Console under Interface for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Max Console Lines under Interface for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Console Text Size under Interface for Skyrim, Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.

• New Tweak: Console Screen Percentage under Interface for Skyrim, Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.

• New Tweak: Shadow Filtering under Detail for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Far-off Shadow Distance under Detail for Oblivion.

• New Tweak: Interior Shadows under Detail for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Exterior Shadows under Detail for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Shadow Fade Time under Detail for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.

• New Tweak: Tree Shadows under Detail for Oblivion.

• New Tweak: Projected UV Diffuse Normals toggle under Visuals for Skyrim Special Edition.

• Behind the Scenes: BethINI will now remember the game path for Enderal: Forgotten Stories when it is being used across multiple games (no longer need to select the Enderal Launcher.exe after the first time).

• Behind the Scenes: If BethINI is pointed to a Mod Organizer profile that has Local Settings turned off, it will notify the user with a prompt to optionally enable Local Settings for the profile.

• Behind the Scenes: Added more verbose logging to better help diagnose issues.

• Behind the Scenes: Various code updates for AutoHotkey functions that are being deprecated.

• Bugfix: If the Mod Organizer path was changed in the GUI, the INI Path could update to show duplicate possible locations for the INI Path.

• Bugfix: Some issues involving Mod Organizer's use with Enderal: Forgotten Stories. You must use a version of Mod Organizer that supports Enderal.

Could there be an option for no-sorting and no-deleting-comments? I have several settings with comments to remind me why and by whose suggestion, and sorting makes it difficult to track them.

DoubleYou, I made this request and you replied that it would be hard to implement. Fair enough.

I thought of an alternative, an option to leave alone FalloutCustom.ini, so that the user can put there just a few commented reasoned changes. Since each system is different and there are also all kinds of different special required settings, for example for TTW 2.9.4 or for TTW 3.2 etc, FalloutCustom.ini could be left as the place for the user to handle that cleanly.

To be frank, I am already doing this by temporarily removing FalloutCustom.ini before I start bethini.

Edited by gnarlyfingers

Next version will include the ability to not modify Custom INI files, as requested. The feature will only show itself if a Custom INI file is found, and if it has not been setup already, prompt the user to decide if they want it modified at startup.

Hi !
I used Bethini in order to increase the performance of my heavily modded Skyrim SE. My game was fairly stable, but I experienced some major FPS drop in area such as Solitude or Whiterun, and I thought I'd give a try to bethini.

Turns out, it caused some minor issue with other tweak and mod I used, like Improved Camera combined with keep it clean.
Took me a whole afternoon to empirically figures that out as I'm not a very skilled modder, so I might be wrong, but whatever, that's not why I'm here (Although if you know how to fix it, I'm interested).

But I suspect it's also responsible for some other issues, causing CTD, and corrupt saves (Since it's the only modification i made to my game)... I try to revert the modification through the "before bethini" option in the setup tab, but I have the feeling it's not working, because the Bethesda logo is still missing at the launch of the game (as its an available option with Bethini). Am I wrong to assume that ?

I also tryed to copy/paste a manual back-up of the SkyrimPrefs.ini without success. So, at this point, I am really confused.

P.S : Oh... I've just noticed Bethini does not only modify SkyrimPrefs.ini but also Skyrim.ini... And I did not made a back up of that file...

Edited by Hankelion

Ok, so as far as I can tell, since I modified the two ini files with Bethini, my saves are regulary corrupt when I'm playing with poor or low preset. So far, I manage to keep playing by loading previous saves, with medium preset, and the "corruption" problem does not occur.

It may be more the result of the poorly optimization of the reach/markharth zone, than your tweak. Again, I'm not sure of anything.

The irony is I downloaded Bethini to play with better performance and low graphic, and I'm now force to play with better graphic than before (and approximatly the same performance in terme of fps and lag).

Anyway, even If I may have lost my temper one or two times today, trying to make my Skyrim game stable again, I do have huge respect for modder's work, and I wish I was more skilled on the matter. ;)

What mod manager are you using? Do you know where your INI files are located? Do you know where the BethINI Cache folder is (should be a subfolder where your INI files are located)? If so, could you post your old INI files located inside BethINI Cache\Before BethINI so I can verify that they are your old settings? Can you post your mod list thru Modwatch?

That is intentional, IIRC. The fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance setting merely sets the max value that the in-game fGrassStartFadeDistance "Grass Fade" distance can be adjusted to. My method of adjusting grass fade uses fGrassFadeRange in addition to fGrassStartFadeDistance to avoid the nasty grass pop-in issues inherent with high fGrassStartFadeDistance values. This means that it will never exceed the default fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance, so no need to adjust it.

Ill try to make this quick. i just recently updated BETHINI. the last version i had was April-ish. (whatever that may have been)

as of today i downloaded SFO (skyrim flora overhaul) and Verdant. i added these in and noticed a huge FPS drop (to be expected i have potato pc).

Knowing how powerful BETHINI is i decided to try to fiddle with the settings and was notified of an update. updated. i can no longer edit my ini's with the program.

also im unsure how to to post with a spoiler tag so i wont add my log until someone instructs me on how to do that D:

What mod manager are you using? Do you know where your INI files are located? Do you know where the BethINI Cache folder is (should be a subfolder where your INI files are located)? If so, could you post your old INI files located inside BethINI Cache\Before BethINI so I can verify that they are your old settings? Can you post your mod list thru Modwatch?

I'm using Vortex.

I though my ini files were located inside my Skyrim special edition folder (E:/jeu/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition and so on and so on), but I've just noticed there is another files, in C:/user/hank/documents/my games/Skyrim Special Edition... Actually, I only saw it today thanks to Bethini.

And indeed, there is a subfolder Bethini Cache, but the subfolder named "before bethini" is empty... I'm guessing that's a big part of the problem ?

I tried to use modwatch to post my modlist but I have the feeling it is not compatible with vortex, right ?

Anyway, as I said, I managed to keep playing (with a few ctd from time to time) by using medium preset, and reducing from the ingame display setting the depth of fields, actor, object, item and grass fading distance.

I got the impression that my problem have more to do with the fact that my laptop is 8 years old (I actually bought it to play skyrim) and the Reach/markarth zone has always been a buggy part of all my playthrough for some reason...

But, man, thank you so much for taking the time to answer me ;)

Edited by Hankelion

Ill try to make this quick. i just recently updated BETHINI. the last version i had was April-ish. (whatever that may have been)

as of today i downloaded SFO (skyrim flora overhaul) and Verdant. i added these in and noticed a huge FPS drop (to be expected i have potato pc).

Knowing how powerful BETHINI is i decided to try to fiddle with the settings and was notified of an update. updated. i can no longer edit my ini's with the program.

also im unsure how to to post with a spoiler tag so i wont add my log until someone instructs me on how to do that D:

I don't think that you can use both Verdant and Skyrim Flora Overhaul at the same time.

You are affected by a bug in the version 3.x series of BethINI that I haven't been able to reproduce yet. This is why I need the log file so badly so I can finally find the problem. Use the spoiler tags as mentioned above.

I'm using Vortex.

I though my ini files were located inside my Skyrim special edition folder (E:/jeu/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition and so on and so on), but I've just noticed there is another files, in C:/user/hank/documents/my games/Skyrim Special Edition... Actually, I only saw it today thanks to Bethini.

And indeed, there is a subfolder Bethini Cache, but the subfolder named "before bethini" is empty... I'm guessing that's a big part of the problem ?

I tried to use modwatch to post my modlist but I have the feeling it is not compatible with vortex, right ?

Anyway, as I said, I managed to keep playing (with a few ctd from time to time) by using medium preset, and reducing from the ingame display setting the depth of fields, actor, object, item and grass fading distance.

I got the impression that my problem have more to do with the fact that my laptop is 8 years old (I actually bought it to play skyrim) and the Reach/markarth zone has always been a buggy part of all my playthrough for some reason...

But, man, thank you so much for taking the time to answer me ;)

Well, that's disconcerting. I've not used Vortex before, so I can't help you there. If there's nothing in Before BethINI folder, that means BethINI didn't find any INI files to backup when it first ran, which really doesn't make sense. I might need to install Vortex and see if it treats INI files in a special manner. The game typically uses the INI files in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition that you mentioned. Could you please post the contents of your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files in spoiler tags like mentioned above?