1066 replies to this topic

#1006 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

I don't think that you can use both Verdant and Skyrim Flora Overhaul at the same time...

Yes, you can - Lexy's guide has been running those alongside each other (though SFO is a somewhat pared down version at the moment.)

#1007 Hankelion

Hankelion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Could you please post the contents of your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files in spoiler tags like mentioned above?

Sure thing,

Here is the Skyrim.ini

And Skyrimprefs :

If i may ask, if the game is using the INIs from the Doc/Mygames folder, why is there or what purpose serve the one contain in the Steam/Common/steamapps/Skyrim Special Edition folder ? Pure curiosity.

Regarding Vortex, I find it really fast and easy to use, but the last time I modded Skyrim I used mod manager (and Boss), and I believe I ended up manually installing every files and esp. So, my expectations were pretty low :)

P.S : Sorry my post is a bit messed up, something with bulleted list. It's late overhere, Ain't got the energy to fight it.

Also, as you can see, today I tried to reduce the screen resolution, turns out it seems to help my game running a bit more smoothly.

Edited by Greg, 08 May 2019 - 07:53 PM.
Fixed formatting

#1008 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

Yes, you can - Lexy's guide has been running those alongside each other (though SFO is a somewhat pared down version at the moment.)

OK. It looks like she has you delete the conflicts to make it work.

#1009 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

Sure thing,

Here is the Skyrim.ini

And Skyrimprefs :

If i may ask, if the game is using the INIs from the Doc/Mygames folder, why is there or what purpose serve the one contain in the Steam/Common/steamapps/Skyrim Special Edition folder ? Pure curiosity.

Regarding Vortex, I find it really fast and easy to use, but the last time I modded Skyrim I used mod manager (and Boss), and I believe I ended up manually installing every files and esp. So, my expectations were pretty low :)

P.S : Sorry my post is a bit messed up, something with bulleted list. It's late overhere, Ain't got the energy to fight it.

Also, as you can see, today I tried to reduce the screen resolution, turns out it seems to help my game running a bit more smoothly.

There isn't anything wrong with those INI files that I can see. Sounds like you may be correct in that you're pushing your system to the limit.

The INI files located in Steam/Common/steamapps/Skyrim Special Edition folder are used as template files to create the actual INI files placed in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition. The game launcher uses them.

BTW, when you described "corruption" on the low and poor preset, is that like visual corruption? What do you mean by it?

#1010 atlasroar

atlasroar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:29 AM

[spoiler]
...paste your text here...
[/spoiler]

thanks greg!

I don't think that you can use both Verdant and Skyrim Flora Overhaul at the same time.

You are affected by a bug in the version 3.x series of BethINI that I haven't been able to reproduce yet. This is why I need the log file so badly so I can finally find the problem. Use the spoiler tags as mentioned above.

and verdant actually overwrites SFO in the areas it pertains to. i.e. grass. so besides it being suuuuper system heavy its not bad looking. although it doesnt (unfortunately) overwrite all of SFO's grasses so thats a big fps drop . i just use the SFO version with no grass. i like base verdant grass better.

Now for my logs ; 

Edited by atlasroar, 09 May 2019 - 01:37 AM.

#1011 Hankelion

Hankelion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:50 AM

Ok, thank's !

BTW, when you described "corruption" on the low and poor preset, is that like visual corruption? What do you mean by it?

Well, I may have been using this term unproperly. I always thought that a corrupt save mean that whenever you try to save, or have a loading screen, the game CTD. I'm sorry if I waste your time. Oh yeah, and when I'm playing in poor preset, I noticed some npc have blue hair, like the texture is missing.

I still find it kinda weird how the game is not stable unless I use the medium preset with the recommanded tweaks from Bethini. Didn't have that issue before. But damn, my Skyrim is beautyfull now, a bit laggy, but nothing to serious. My jar drop the otherday day when I exit the Silver-blood Inn in the morning, and the sun was raising above the city wall, chasing the fog of the night.

Edited by Hankelion, 09 May 2019 - 03:00 AM.

#1012 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

thanks greg!

and verdant actually overwrites SFO in the areas it pertains to. i.e. grass. so besides it being suuuuper system heavy its not bad looking. although it doesnt (unfortunately) overwrite all of SFO's grasses so thats a big fps drop . i just use the SFO version with no grass. i like base verdant grass better.
Now for my logs ;

OK. I will have to wait until later to fully digest this log, but first thing I see is that BethINI hasn't finished running its startup sequence before you started pushing it's buttons. Try launching it again and before doing anything, click on the Log tab and wait for it to say BethINI startup completed. Then hit save and exit to see if it completes successfully or gives the same error message. Let me know the results.

#1013 atlasroar

atlasroar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:42 PM

OK. I will have to wait until later to fully digest this log, but first thing I see is that BethINI hasn't finished running its startup sequence before you started pushing it's buttons. Try launching it again and before doing anything, click on the Log tab and wait for it to say BethINI startup completed. Then hit save and exit to see if it completes successfully or gives the same error message. Let me know the results.

(edit) new logs generated after waiting for startup to finish. hopefully this helps. was really hoping this was my own stupidty as to not have to cause you any more work. i do want to thank you for helping where you can.

Edited by atlasroar, 09 May 2019 - 10:44 PM.

#1014 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:42 AM

OK. Thanks for that. I see that the game path is set incorrectly. Go to the Setup tab and click the dropdown for the Game Path and navigate to the Skyrim folder. You'll need to select the SkyrimLauncher.exe. Once you have done that, hit the Default button, select your preset, and then Save and Exit. See if that fixes it.

#1015 Kanderran

Kanderran

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:20 AM

Hello, I'm having issues getting BethINI to remove the creation club. I've unchecked the box during setup, but "skyrim news" still appears. Please tell me, what I'm doing wrong.

#1016 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:21 AM

What mod manager are you using? What is the contents of the resultant Skyrim.ini file?

#1017 Kanderran

Kanderran

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

I'm using Mod Organizer 2, and this is my Skyrim.ini file

Edited by Greg, 18 May 2019 - 06:55 AM.
Added spoiler tags

#1018 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

OK. According to that INI, it should be working. So probably something is overriding the tweak. To confirm whether or not this is the case, do the following:

1. Launch the game and open the console.
2. Type the following and hit enter:
getini "bEnablePlatform:Bethesda.net"
3. If the console returns 0, the setting is on. If it returns 1, then something is overriding your INI tweak.

#1019 Kanderran

Kanderran

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

Hey, again. Thanks for all the help. I found out that BethINI wasn't set to the right profile, so it was editing the wrong ini files. Thanks for all your help and pointing out that it was something overriding my settings and not BethINI itself.

#1020 AEscraed

AEscraed

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

I've yet to manage to save ini settings since update 3.1, using the standalone version.

Here is the attached log:

BethINI Error Log

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, fallout 4, fallout new vegas, fallout 3, oblivion, skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users