DoubleYou

Hello, I cannot seem to save or update Beth INI for SSE. It says copy and log and report, but, the log tab is empty.

Here is what I tried.

I made all the changes I was was after, saved, and, it gave me the error message.

I tried again, and only made 2 very modest changes, and same thing. I dont seem to be able to put anything through, no matter what it is.

v3.2

[update]

NM, I was fixed it. I re-installed the client that cleared it up. I think it was looking at profiles in a older, duplicate location or something along those lines.

Edited by Mebantiza

• 1 month later...

Missing some Hair and Beards

It seems like BethIni is destroying some of the actors and NPC's textures or meshes. 

When i use the BethIni Poor Preset with Recommended Tweaks I experience partly missing hair and completely missing faicial hair and beard. It's like some of the Hair gets transparent and you get to see the non-existent head of the actors (I assume an empty head skin texture, just plain greyed out without contures). This appears on my character aswell as on NPC's. 

Changing to the BethIni Low Preset seems to fix this issue.

Anybody knows which lines could cause this and how to fix this without losing too much performance?

And yeah, I know I am playing on a potato from 700 B.C with just integrated graphics, thanks ^^

But I would really like to at least have consistent shitty graphics instead of having everybody being such half-haired beardless greyheads :)

This is caused by the Texture Quality setting. If textures lack the required mipmaps, it does what you describe. Changing texture quality to low fixes it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there a specific line in the .ini file that i can change so the texture quality is set to low but otherwise the 'poor'preset is used or do i have to use the low preset and adjust it?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I am pretty new to the whole ini stuff...

I read about an entry for Oldrim under [Display] named 'iTexMipMapSkip' which would do that with 0=high 1=medium 2=low. But I couldn't find it in BethIni.

Might it work to add this to the ini or could it break some other stuff?

Edited by Barthros

What game are you playing? Not all games have the same INI settings.

I would select poor preset and set texture quality to low under the Detail tab if my presumption is correct. Otherwise, it might be something else. I think I have troubleshooted this problem earlier in this thread.

It's Skyrim Special Edition where this problem occurs.

Tweakig the Decal quantity didn't fix the issue and there is no option to set texture quality, not in the original ini file and neither in BethIni.

I'm gonna have a look at the earlier post you spoke of, but maybe I should just invest in something better than a toaster xD

Thanks for your help so far though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.3

-Bugfix: BethINI could take forever to load if it was not installed into its own directory.
-Bugfix: BethINI could not locate Mod Organizer's profile directory for Fallout New Vegas in some cases.
-Bugfix: Changing the game between Enderal: Forgotten Stories and Skyrim in the Setup tab was broken.
-Gui Change: The Disable Precipitation setting under the Detail tab has been colored red, since it has been discovered that it can cause CTDs. Its description now also reflects this fact.
-Gui Change: Changed the Gamma tweak under Visuals to be a slider.
-Gui Change: Tweaked positioning of controls in the Mouse Settings section under UI.
-Gui Change: Added new Console section under UI and moved/added controls to it. Also renamed controls to remove the word "Console" from them, which was the main reason to move them to their own section.
-New Tweak: HUD (Color) under UI for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Damage HUD (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Subtitles (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Pipboy (Color) under UI for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Subtitle Speaker Name (Color) under UI for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition.
-New Tweak: Power Armor Pipboy (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: VATS Target Light (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Item Highlight (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Power Armor Item Highlight (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Wire Connection Highlight (Color) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Input Text Color (Console) under UI for Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Output Text Color (Console) under UI for Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Selection Color (Console) under UI for Fallout 4.
-New Tweak: Sun-Shadow Transitions under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.
-New Tweak: Brightness under Visuals for Skyrim Special Edition.
-New Tweak: Contrast under Visuals for Skyrim Special Edition.
-New Tweak: Saturation under Visuals for Skyrim Special Edition.

It's Skyrim Special Edition where this problem occurs.

Tweakig the Decal quantity didn't fix the issue and there is no option to set texture quality, not in the original ini file and neither in BethIni.

I'm gonna have a look at the earlier post you spoke of, but maybe I should just invest in something better than a toaster xD

Thanks for your help so far though :)

Try changing Decal Fade to low.

I just tested it and it seemed to work fine. I coded it to set fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance 4000 higher than fGrassStartFadeDistance. I do realize that the way I set up the grass fade calculation is confusing, because I rely heavily on fGrassFadeRange, since it doesn't suffer from the bugs produced from pushing fGrassStartFadeDistance beyond the iGrassCellRadius. I may separate these two controls and set them to their calculated maximums to avoid issues.

I just tested it and it seemed to work fine. I coded it to set fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance 4000 higher than fGrassStartFadeDistance. I do realize that the way I set up the grass fade calculation is confusing, because I rely heavily on fGrassFadeRange, since it doesn't suffer from the bugs produced from pushing fGrassStartFadeDistance beyond the iGrassCellRadius. I may separate these two controls and set them to their calculated maximums to avoid issues.

Ah OK that fine. Another issue that users on my guide are reporting when loading Bethini it default to Oblivion even when Oblivion isn't installed.