DoubleYou

Could I suggest some idea's for BethINI? 

Skyrim SE:

[General]

bModManagerMenuEnabled=0       ; Removes 'Mod' button from in-game Menu

Also if possible an .ini tweak to remove the 'Help' button from the in-game Menu in the same way?

Is it possible to do the same tweaks to the Fallout 4 Menu's? 

I noticed you added the option to grey out the CC on the Main Menu, but is it possible to completely remove it?

How well does it go to install on an already done setup. For example; I have DynDOLOD, ENB, ENBoost, realistic water 2, northern grass installed already which all change certain settings. How well Would it go to install bethini on recommended tweaks, default option on an already pre-existing setup.

Because i noticed how it changed the lod settings which dyndolod is supposed to edit.

You can use it at any time. Now if you are changing things like uGridsToLoad, that can cause issues on existing saved games, but otherwise you should not experience any problems using it at any time.

No i'm using the original settings (i think) and haven't reallyt dabbeled into the .ini files on this setup until now. Also I can't seem to find where to enb option is available.

I only have the ENB Mode checkbox for original Skyrim. You have to make the necessary changes yourself for the other games.

Just wanted to say that I don't think there is any reason not to include it for SE. Pretty sure the settings are identical...though, now that I think about it I'm not sure how ENB interacts with the game's AA on SE and I don't think the SE version has AF...so not the same. Ugh.

Hi!

I'll try to explain the settings in my ini as good as I can.
The snow shader of SE is mostly a postprocessing shader.

This shader has four categories.

-Shader color

-Rimlight/ Specular mask

-Sparkles

-Textures

I tweaked only some of them in my ini (although my old tweaks were different).

[Display]

(the color part, works only in Shadows, is masked out by the sunlight)
fSnowSSSColorB=0.4        -changes the amount of blue color in the shader
fSnowSSSColorG=0.2        -changes the amount of green color in the shader
fSnowSSSColorR=0.0        -changes the amount of red color in the shader
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=3  -set this to 3 to be able to change the fSnowSSSColor settings (other values are loading some kind of presets)

(the Rimlight/ Specular part, these settings affect each other and can have negative values too)

fSnowRimLightIntensity=0.1             -changes the amount of rim lighting and depends on the other two settings too (no SpecPower = no rim lighting)

fSnowGeometrySpecPower=0.5000   -changes the amount of gloss/ rim light on snow covered objects
fSnowNormalSpecPower=0.5000       -changes the amount of gloss/ rim light on the landscape

(the Sparkles part, I guess that all settings are self explaining, you can change the size, amount and intensity of the snow sparkles)

fSparklesDensity=0.85
fSparklesSize=14
fSparklesIntensity=0.5

(All landscape textures that are flagged as snow in the plugins get an additional texture apllied.
But this texture causes a bug with surrounding landscape textures that aren't flagged as snow.
I've reported the bug to Bethesda. But...
The setting below fixes the bug by setting the tilesize of the additional normal equal to the tilesize of the landscape textures.)

iLandscapeMultiNormalTilingFactor=1

Now that is good detective work! So the main good tweak here is iLandscapeMultiNormalTilingFactor should always be set to 1 (bug fix). Everything else could use addition to my snow detail settings. Could the SSS in fSnowSSS settings be described as Shadowed Snow Shader?

Some Feature that would be super handy.

-A way to remove the HELP button from the menu, if it's possible through the INI?

Is it possible to disable the popup tutorials. I found a 'fix' bShowTutorials=0, however, this does not appear to work. Maybe it did work for Skyrim classic, but no effect for me.

And

Is there any way to remap or disable the Default Screenshot key? For us ENB users that just want one key dedicated for that purpose, rather than 2 separate ones.

Thanks!

Edited by Mebantiza

Some Feature that would be super handy.

-A way to remove the HELP button from the menu, if it's possible through the INI?

Is it possible to disable the popup tutorials. I found a 'fix' bShowTutorials=0, however, this does not appear to work. Maybe it did work for Skyrim classic, but no effect for me.

And

Is there any way to remap or disable the Default Screenshot key? For us ENB users that just want one key dedicated for that purpose, rather than 2 separate ones.

Thanks!

Please remember to state the game you are referring to, as this tool is used for multiple games. Since you mention Skyrim Classic, I will assume you are on SSE.

It is impossible to disable the Help menu via INI edits AFAIK.

The bShowTutorials tweak is broken in SSE IIRC. There is no other tweak to replace this functionality.

SSE has no direct way to disable screenshots. You can, however, modify the prefix for screenshots via the sScreenShotBaseName setting under [Display]. This line can change the directory where the screenshots go if you were to specify a subfolder such as ScreenshotFolder\Screenshot. Alternatively, you can effectively disable the screenshots with that line by using an invalid symbol for filenames, such as the ? character. This would tell the game to save a file such as ?12.png, which is an invalid filename and therefore would not save the file. It would still say that a screenshot is created in the upper left-hand corner.

You would have to modify the controlmap.txt file to remap the screenshot function. There is a ControlMap_Custom.txt file that can be used by the game to change the control map differently than simply overwriting the original, but I do not know if anybody has figured out how to use it.

Please remember to state the game you are referring to, as this tool is used for multiple games. Since you mention Skyrim Classic, I will assume you are on SSE.

It is impossible to disable the Help menu via INI edits AFAIK.

The bShowTutorials tweak is broken in SSE IIRC. There is no other tweak to replace this functionality.

SSE has no direct way to disable screenshots. You can, however, modify the prefix for screenshots via the sScreenShotBaseName setting under [Display]. This line can change the directory where the screenshots go if you were to specify a subfolder such as ScreenshotFolder\Screenshot. Alternatively, you can effectively disable the screenshots with that line by using an invalid symbol for filenames, such as the ? character. This would tell the game to save a file such as ?12.png, which is an invalid filename and therefore would not save the file. It would still say that a screenshot is created in the upper left-hand corner.

You would have to modify the controlmap.txt file to remap the screenshot function. There is a ControlMap_Custom.txt file that can be used by the game to change the control map differently than simply overwriting the original, but I do not know if anybody has figured out how to use it.

Yes, SSE, sorry. I suspected the tutorial fix was obsolete, but good to have that confirmed.

The change directory tip for screenshots. I am definitely going to look into that, because moving my SS, my ENB ones I want to keep, well, all of them really into a separate directory definitely interests me a great deal. For a long time actually.  Another feature missing from the game since SS really clutter up the root directory of the game, but Bethesda couldnt even be arsed to create a simple /screenshots directory in the root. Which is doubly interesting because  just recently someone asked Boris about this  very thing. He sounded a little cheesed off and told the person it wasnt going to happen since ENB was not a screenshot manager. So, while it sounds like he could code ENB to re-direct SS to a dedicated directly should he wish, he sounded pretty clear he wasnt going to do anything like that.

Edited by Mebantiza