DoubleYou

Which game? SSE? Oldrim? Bethesda moved several of the settings between the two.

SSE. It just keeps resetting and doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by zax

It looks like you have things setup for a Mod Organizer profile called Xanza's LOTD. Please verify that is the correct profile. If it is, what setting(s) do not seem to be working?

My Mod Organizer location is a folder called Lexy LOTD which contains Mod Organizer, downloads, mods, etc. It also has a profiles folder which contains Xanza's LOTD that I've set for the INI Path but there's nothing else in there with the .INIs except for some settings and saves which is why I tried copying the .INIs to Skyrim's installation folder (which didn't work either).

When I open Mod Organizer from the Lexy LOTD folder, it is using "Xanza's LOTD" profile. As far as settings not working, Windowed and Borderless are checked and Skyrim is still fullscreen.

What do you mean by resetting? Something else modifying the line? Please note that it doesn't remove all decals. I just tested it and it is working fine.

Thought it's some deprecated setting reverting to defaults at runtime but you know what it was? Searched my scripts folder for "SetINI" string and this is what I found:

zbloodnpcquestupdatescript.psc (Enhanced Blood Textures mod)

function OnPlayerLoadGame()

self.updateEBTmod()
    utility.SetINIBool("bDecals:Decals", true)
    utility.SetINIBool("bSkinnedDecals:Decals", true)
    utility.SetINIInt("iMaxDecalsPerFrame:Display", 800)
    utility.SetINIInt("iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame:Display", 250)
endFunction

Sorry for bothering you but I didn't expect mod authors to change my INI settings just like that.

My Mod Organizer location is a folder called Lexy LOTD which contains Mod Organizer, downloads, mods, etc. It also has a profiles folder which contains Xanza's LOTD that I've set for the INI Path but there's nothing else in there with the .INIs except for some settings and saves which is why I tried copying the .INIs to Skyrim's installation folder (which didn't work either).

When I open Mod Organizer from the Lexy LOTD folder, it is using "Xanza's LOTD" profile. As far as settings not working, Windowed and Borderless are checked and Skyrim is still fullscreen.

If windowed and borderless are checked, it will indeed appear full screen. Try unchecking Borderless to test.

If windowed and borderless are checked, it will indeed appear full screen. Try unchecking Borderless to test.

It would definitely help if I understood the settings I was messing around with lol. That being said still no luck after unchecking borderless.

In Mod Organizer, click the manage Profiles button. Select the profile you are using. Ensure that Use profile-specific Game INI Files setting is checkmarked.

Also, check to make sure that there is a BethINI Cache folder within the profile file location you mentioned:

It also has a profiles folder which contains Xanza's LOTD that I've set for the INI Path but there's nothing else in there with the .INIs except for some settings and saves which is why I tried copying the .INIs to Skyrim's installation folder (which didn't work either).

If there is no BethINI Cache folder there, you need to change your INI path.

In Mod Organizer, click the manage Profiles button. Select the profile you are using. Ensure that Use profile-specific Game INI Files setting is checkmarked.

Also, check to make sure that there is a BethINI Cache folder within the profile file location you mentioned:

If there is no BethINI Cache folder there, you need to change your INI path.

Sorry, should've been more clear...everything that comes with BethINI running is there (in the profile location), the Cache folder, multiple txt files and multiple ini's. As for the profile, there is only the one option and the field mentioned is checkmarked.

Hell, I'm happy to do a screen share on Discord, Zoom, whatever if that would assist in resolving.

According to the log file, everything is working correctly. It is possible that another mod is modifying the borderless setting, such as ENB. Try testing other settings, like changing the resolution to something absurd, and that should prove it is working.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you have multiple installations of Mod Organizer?

On an existing save, modifying uGridsToLoad without the proper techniques will cause the game to crash every time. That is definitely what caused the problem. To fix the save to work with the new uGridsToLoad setting, you must do the following:

1. Launch the game with the old uGridsToLoad value in the ini (7 in this case).

2. Load up the save and enter the console with the tilde key.

3. Alt-tab out of the game. Do not quit the game!

4. Change uGridsToLoad to the new value you want, either in BethINI or manually.

5. Alt-tab back into the game and enter refreshini in the game console.

6. Save the game in a new slot.

That should allow you to use the save with the modified uGridsToLoad value.

I also noticed that bethini high sets it to 7, I read all sorts of stuff about raising this parameter having negative impact on the game. Is there any truth to that?

OK. So the ini changes are working. ENBlocal.ini is probably set to use borderless windows, so you won't see the border. These files are located in the game folder.

ENBlocal.ini in the game folder did not have a borderless line or anything referencing windowed or fullscreen. I tried adding "borderless=0" and no luck.