• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1261 Kjrov

Kjrov

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:38 AM

BethINI is failing to write Fallout4Custom.ini inside the C:\Users\KJRCr\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\BethINI Cache\<generated-name-backup-directory> folder. Please verify that the INI Path provided for Fallout 4 is the correct location (C:\Users\KJRCr\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\). Also, check if BethINI successfully created the BethINI Cache folder. If there is a log file in there, you can upload it to Pastebin and link here.

Greetings.

This bit of information has led me to being able to fix the issue: the BethINI.ini file I kept merely glancing over then, turned out to be the problem - as you have rightly concluded - as it was incorrectly pathing to an old directory prior to when I moved my FO4's installation folder. I have now since rectified the error, and have successfully used your tool.

Thank you once again for your assistance and for your efforts in the modding community.

I wish you all the best.

#1262 Unwishjack

Unwishjack

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:16 PM

If you type saveini in the console, delete the output ini that appears in <path-to-game-folder>\Fallout 4\Data\<name-of-last-loaded-plugin>.ini. File should be about 70 kb. Otherwise, this ini file could cause problems.

Okay i deleted that ini, now I'm using ESP version of "FOV Slider and Player Height", seems to be the only working solution :)

#1263 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:19 PM

That actually sounds like it would work. Why didn't I think of that?

#1264 Feuerkl1nge

Feuerkl1nge

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:50 PM

What kind of FPS do you get? The main reason scripts fail is because it is only given so much time in a given framerate to complete, and if you pile on too many mods and get your framerate down to 15 fps (true story - old laptop), scripts start acting up (I had Intel HD Graphics playing Oldrim -- it was terrible! Take like 5 seconds for hotkeys to equip items, or fail and not do it at all). Naturally, I can see how this could be an issue, loading extra scripts in the background, while trying to process other scripts.

I have about 45 to 60. 60 is the setted cab.

I thought about the pros and cons of the framerate in that matter:

Low fps = more time for the script, but at the same time the hardware is more busy. High fps = vise versa.

I don't know how the engine works, but when scripts are executed by cpu then a faster gpu would increase the script issues.

Edited by Feuerkl1nge, 10 August 2020 - 03:52 PM.

#1265 Unwishjack

Unwishjack

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:16 AM

If you type saveini in the console, delete the output ini that appears in <path-to-game-folder>\Fallout 4\Data\<name-of-last-loaded-plugin>.ini. File should be about 70 kb. Otherwise, this ini file could cause problems.

Thanks for your help anway, and this program is awesome! but fov option doesn't seem to work lol :P

Edited by Unwishjack, 11 August 2020 - 02:23 AM.

#1266 FendisKhan

FendisKhan

Watcher

• Watcher
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but on the Interface tab under the Mouse Settings I believe the first slider should be labeled "Look Sensitivity" rather than "Lock Sensitivity".

#1267 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

Boy, I could swear it used to say Lock Sensitivity right in the in-game settings. Must be the Mandela effect.

#1268 Feuerkl1nge

Feuerkl1nge

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:29 AM

I can confirm again a higher fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS value increases script-related stability. I will also never play with the VM option again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, fallout 4, fallout new vegas, fallout 3, oblivion, skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users