DoubleYou

BethINI is failing to write Fallout4Custom.ini inside the C:\Users\KJRCr\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\BethINI Cache\<generated-name-backup-directory> folder. Please verify that the INI Path provided for Fallout 4 is the correct location (C:\Users\KJRCr\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\). Also, check if BethINI successfully created the BethINI Cache folder. If there is a log file in there, you can upload it to Pastebin and link here.

Greetings.

This bit of information has led me to being able to fix the issue: the BethINI.ini file I kept merely glancing over then, turned out to be the problem - as you have rightly concluded - as it was incorrectly pathing to an old directory prior to when I moved my FO4's installation folder. I have now since rectified the error, and have successfully used your tool.

Thank you once again for your assistance and for your efforts in the modding community.

I wish you all the best.

If you type saveini in the console, delete the output ini that appears in <path-to-game-folder>\Fallout 4\Data\<name-of-last-loaded-plugin>.ini. File should be about 70 kb. Otherwise, this ini file could cause problems.

Okay i deleted that ini, now I'm using ESP version of "FOV Slider and Player Height", seems to be the only working solution :)

What kind of FPS do you get? The main reason scripts fail is because it is only given so much time in a given framerate to complete, and if you pile on too many mods and get your framerate down to 15 fps (true story - old laptop), scripts start acting up (I had Intel HD Graphics playing Oldrim -- it was terrible! Take like 5 seconds for hotkeys to equip items, or fail and not do it at all). Naturally, I can see how this could be an issue, loading extra scripts in the background, while trying to process other scripts.

I have about 45 to 60. 60 is the setted cab.

I thought about the pros and cons of the framerate in that matter:

Low fps = more time for the script, but at the same time the hardware is more busy. High fps = vise versa.

I don't know how the engine works, but when scripts are executed by cpu then a faster gpu would increase the script issues.

Edited by Feuerkl1nge

If you type saveini in the console, delete the output ini that appears in <path-to-game-folder>\Fallout 4\Data\<name-of-last-loaded-plugin>.ini. File should be about 70 kb. Otherwise, this ini file could cause problems.

Thanks for your help anway, and this program is awesome! but fov option doesn't seem to work lol :P

Edited by Unwishjack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just spent a lot of time trying to figure out why chaning the FoV in BethINI had no apparent effect in-game (Fallout 4). The Field of View setting under the Details tab changes the value of fDefaultWorldFOV. After experimenting with the custom commands I found that fDefault1stPersonFOV is the command I had been looking for. Which is also confirmed here:

At the very least BethINI should explicitly state in the tooltip that the offered fov setting has no effect on normal first-person fov (since that is what the vast majority of players would be trying to edit). But unless there is a very good reason why most users shouldn't mess with fDefault1stPersonFOV that is the command BethINI's Field of View setting should adjust in the first place.

Edited by SuDDi

I've been troubleshooting for hours. Had to create account just to ask you to help me. I don't think your program is the culprit, but it's a possibility. SKSE64 won't launch at all. Skyrim SE Launcher won't launch either. That was after installing a couple normal mods and FNIS. No errors at all in FNIS, Vortex, and probably Bethini. Just won't load.

My video card is in the SkyrimPrefs and your BethINI so the launcher already identified my video card yet claim the video card is unidentified then insisted on low setting (NVIDIA RTX 2070). It won't launch anyway.  Checked antivirus, nothing. Updated windows and optional updates. Updated graphic card driver. Ran game integrity a couple times - 100% validated. Reinstalled Skyrim SE. Ran as admin.

I even watched a simple youtube guide to make sure my paths are correct and it is. I don't use MO though so my INI path is in my documents/games/SSE/blah blah and my game path is in other directory (on other SSD). Cache has logs if you need them, but I don't think there's errors in logs at least I don't see any. I played Skyrim SE for like 2 months now and decided to get BethINI along with couple mods that required FNIS then BOOM unplayable. I'm not exactly Skyrim mod savvy so I probably need some clarification on paths and INI settings. I can't tell if INI settings are set up incorrectly. I also tried Before BethINI(it's empty in there) option. Didn't work.

Easy way to check if the INI files are causing Skyrim not to load is to generate them from scratch.

1. Move Skyrim.ini and Skyrim Prefs.ini to your desktop or some other safe location.

2. Run Skyrim through Steam (not by SKSE).

3. The Launcher should assign a preset. Click play.

If that doesn't work, it's probably something else, such as a plugin enabled without its master. If that does work, pastebin the ini files so I can see what is wrong with them.

Had do do this the hard way - delete skyrim folder then run game integrity check for missing files - then launch the normal Skyrim SE...It actually launch for first time after the whole time so I knew BethINI isn't the culprit after I moved out the INI files. It's FNIS. I'm still working on fixing it because after I update FNIS, Skyrim won't launch anymore.

Also is there an option in BethINI to leave creation club on? Because I noticed in INI file that it's turned off. Vortex noticed a missing file from creation club for Skyrim SE.

Hey. Decided to reinstall SKSE and it finally worked (without mods) then slowly enabling all mods back together except few mods I don't need anymore(I think I also found the mod culprit). Now I have couple meshes issue so working on that at the moment, but I applied the INI from BethINI and it worked so far. Not sure I'll notice the difference in graphics, but I hope it'll be great. As for the creation club issue, I found out it wasn't installed so I had to install once I got the skyrim launcher to work. Too bad Vortex didn't notice the faulty mod that causes skyrim not to launch at all.