issue with running skyrim through mod organizer 2

norimyxxxo

Question

I have a very strange problem and can't find a solution anywhere. After launch the game through mo2 weird boxes and $ signs appear. But when I run it manually (skse64, just skyrim se) everything looks fine.

I tried to change language in ini file to English instead of Russian and it helped but $ signs didn't go away. I've seen something close to my problem and someone suggested to check if all of bsa's activated. But I don't even have access to them, they're all greyed out

6 answers to this question

The normal BSA/plugin relationship has been restored in MO2 so you can't deactivate them. As long as their plugin is checked, the BSA will load. However, that means if a plugin from a mod is unchecked that also houses a BSA, then the BSA will not load.

As for the issue, my first thought is that it's either an issue with String files or you have a mod that is changing a interface file, resulting in the "$". I know some mods that change "gold" to "septim" cause this issue.

The normal BSA/plugin relationship has been restored in MO2 so you can't deactivate them. As long as their plugin is checked, the BSA will load. However, that means if a plugin from a mod is unchecked that also houses a BSA, then the BSA will not load.

As for the issue, my first thought is that it's either an issue with String files or you have a mod that is changing a interface file, resulting in the "$". I know some mods that change "gold" to "septim" cause this issue.

I don't have any mods right now

I've managed with those boxes but that $ sign in front of 'mod manager' in main menu is annoying

If it's string files what should I do?

And I also just added an interface folder to the directory of sse. Apparently, it doesn't have it pre-installed

Have you installed Mod Organizer into the Steam or Skyrim Special Edition folder? If you have, move Mod Organizer somewhere else because it may not be able to find some of the game files (something funky in the VFS if I remember correctly) if it's installed in the Steam or Skyrim folder. You might also double check the Skyrim.ini file used by Mod Organizer to see if it includes all the archive files:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa