Photo

How to add more torchbugs / fireflies at night time around solitude etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrphresh

mrphresh

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:02 PM

Hello ! I'm in the final stages of like finetuning skyrim , i have fixed nearly all issues but there is some " eyecandy " left out.. My question to you guys is , how do i use creation kit to add more fireflies and torchbugs in the game ? now , i do have " more critters and more colorful critters " mod installed , but what i did notice is that the torchbugs etc spawn more at daytime than nighttime wich is a shame.... Anyone know how to do this in ck ? I tried to load up skyrim.esm and more critters.esp or esm i dunno and in the search field i typed "torch , torchbug , firefly .  Nothing appeared except for a wav file for their sound i think it was... I'm kinda lost so a mini tutorial on how to edit that mod so it spawns those critters at night instead of day ( rather both but ) IT WOULD BE AMAZING !! Now, i have watched CK tutorials on youtube but none of them gave any hint to what i wanted :/ i also got 101 bugs installed by willow. TY :)

#2 mrphresh

mrphresh

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

FOR OLDRIM BTW

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,525 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

That's sort of a big thing you're asking for, but still easy to do...so I'll summarize...

You have to manually place the spawns around Solitude where you want them. That requires finding the cell in the Tamriel worldspace for the locations you want to place the spawns. The name of the asset you're looking for is something to do with nighttime critters. I wouldn't know the name without loading up the CK and I'm not at home atm.

That's really all there is to it.

#4 mrphresh

mrphresh

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Hey m8 ! Alright i'll try to figure it out when i come home from work ! It would be very appreciated if you could find the name for the critters, ill try googling around in the meantime :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users