High Quality 3D Map (by Ethatron)

stoppingby4now

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Should the Textures component also be installed?

I know it might sound like a dumb question, but the Meshes and Normals components were mentioned specifically, while the Textures component was not.

Use the terrain textures associated with whatever overhaul you are using. Otherwise, they can be omitted. Omit if you are using SkyFalls and Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 or anything else that modifies the terrain

EDIT: I am talking about HQ LODs by same author not this mod, so please disregard :P

• 10 months later...

I have downloaded both the "Meshes Hi-Res" and "Normals Original" files through Mod Organizer. The Meshes Hi-Res mod installed right away. However, when I double click the file "HQ3DMap - Normals Original-4817-2-0.7z" (in the Left pane) I get the prompt " This installer looks like it may contain a BAIN installer but I'm not sure. Install as a BAIN installer?" Y or N. Clicking "No" brings up an "Install Mods" window with the big red words "No game data on top level". OK or Cancel

So far I've been cancelling. What do I do here? Install as a BAIN? I have right clicked each file listed and they are all textures.

• 1 month later...

question:

says STEP recommends the HQ3DMap - Meshes Hi-Res and HQ3DMap - Normals Original main files. Do not install any of the textures.

Should I merge the two, or, install them separately.  I know, i know.... Installing separately is the 'safe' bet, however, if I can merge safely, I shall do so.

Thank you in advance all you STEPPers :D  and thanks so much for putting this together!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

As I have red previous posts and answers, I should install both Hi-Res and Normal resolutions. I was asked the same as the others when installing normal, MO doesn't know if it's a BAIN installer and ask me, I choose yes, the mod is installed. I got that by not installing any of the textures I should not install any of the low, med high or ultra res right? After installing however it's greyed-out and in italic form did I do something wrong?

Like this----->  HQ3DMap - Normal Original

Edited by tmcd15

Nevermind, I'm sorry, I think I get know. I am not supposted to download any of the textures versions, I must install one of the resolutions prompted in the normal original files.

Edited by tmcd15

• 2 months later...