High Quality 3D Map (by Ethatron)

stoppingby4now

All I can say is I used the settings and ini file from the STEP wiki.

I really don't know anything about these things, but what matter to me is there is noticeable increase of quality ingame. Whatever voodoo is going on behind the scenes, I don't want to know ::D:

Edited by Octopuss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is I used the settings and ini file from the STEP wiki.

I really don't know anything about these things, but what matter to me is there is noticeable increase of quality ingame. Whatever voodoo is going on behind the scenes, I don't want to know ::D:

Yeah, I know - don't worry about it, I'm just being a super nerd!  ::):

• 1 month later...

Call me stupid, but I was confused by the wording on the STEP recommendations : 

STEP recommends the HQ3DMap - Meshes Hi-Res and HQ3DMap - Normals Original main files. Do not install any of the textures.

My problem being that the "HQ3DMap - Normals Original" contains texture files (see filetree in MO).  

I think rewording the recommendations into something like "Do not download any of the extra texture files" would be less confusing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

When installing the 'Normals' package MO will by default use the 'BAIN Installer' dialogue which has the following options:

01 - Low 256x256

02 - Med 512x512

03 - High 1024x1024

04 - Ultra 2048x2048

Docs

Perhaps it would be prudent to also include a mention in both the guide and the wiki to choose the 3rd option, since the term '1K normals' may not immediately mean anything to some users when installing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Very noobish question, but I have to ask.

Does "STEP recommends the HQ3DMap - Meshes Hi-Res and HQ3DMap - Normals Original main files." mean I have to install both files?

Or does it mean, that both files are OK with STEP, and I can chose whether I like?

Another question: I decided to go with the second option and only installed the "HQ3DMap - Meshes Hi-Res" file. The Wiki states: "Choose the 03 - High 1024x1024 option in the installer." But after I activate the download, it simply gets added to my left pane, with no installer at all. What am I missing?

Edited by Zombo

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded both the "Meshes Hi-Res" and "Normals Original" files through Mod Organizer. The Meshes Hi-Res mod installed right away. However, when I double click the file "HQ3DMap - Normals Original-4817-2-0.7z" (in the Left pane) I get the prompt " This installer looks like it may contain a BAIN installer but I'm not sure. Install as a BAIN installer?" Y or N. Clicking "No" brings up an "Install Mods" window with the big red words "No game data on top level". OK or Cancel

So far I've been cancelling. What do I do here? Install as a BAIN? I have right clicked each file listed and they are all textures.

Click yes  :lol:

Yes...click yes, but then, you only need to click the 1024 x 1024, then click OK.