xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

sarcasm? I ask you not to joke. And how this fix?

I am just stating the fact that when I looked at Skyrim vanilla *.BTO many years ago, I too noticed that they do not contain or support NiAlphaProperties. Since NiAlphaProperties do not exist in object LOD generated by Skyrim CK and also do not affect alpha of object LOD in the Skyrim game, they are not added by LODGen either.

So I've used dyndolod before and I've been using that to create LODs and **** for trees and buildings and **** but I've had issues with the landscape LOD not matching so I've now started using xLodgen along dyndolod to help me with that. However, with xlodgen, the landscape LODs end up actually worse than without it. Certain distances are too dark while some are too bright, and the terrain and color sometimes don't even match. I've used Perfect Terrain LOD which matched the LODs of the Tamriel worldspace pretty well and was generated using xLodGen, but I have mods like Wyrmstooth and falskaar that add other worldspaces that I would like to have matching as well. So I'm not sure what materials are needed to properly generate landscape LODs or if there is some sort of texture conflict. I don't have any BSAs or anything so there aren't any landscape mods overwriting my main one.

So I've used dyndolod before and I've been using that to create LODs and **** for trees and buildings and **** but I've had issues with the landscape LOD not matching so I've now started using xLodgen along dyndolod to help me with that. However, with xlodgen, the landscape LODs end up actually worse than without it. Certain distances are too dark while some are too bright, and the terrain and color sometimes don't even match. I've used Perfect Terrain LOD which matched the LODs of the Tamriel worldspace pretty well and was generated using xLodGen, but I have mods like Wyrmstooth and falskaar that add other worldspaces that I would like to have matching as well. So I'm not sure what materials are needed to properly generate landscape LODs or if there is some sort of texture conflict. I don't have any BSAs or anything so there aren't any landscape mods overwriting my main one.

The terrain LOD texture are generated from the unmodified (brightness/contrast/gamma left default) full landscape textures exactly like the terrain in the loaded cells. There can be no texture conflict, unless the full landscape textures changed after generating LOD.

As the first post explains, in Skyrim the vanilla noise.dds texture compensates for vanilla terrain LOD textures with wrong intensities. Create or find a better noise.dds texture, disable the "improved" snow shader.

The terrain LOD texture are generated from the unmodified (brightness/contrast/gamma left default) full landscape textures exactly like the terrain in the loaded cells. There can be no texture conflict, unless the full landscape textures changed after generating LOD.

As the first post explains, in Skyrim the vanilla noise.dds texture compensates for vanilla terrain LOD textures with wrong intensities. Create or find a better noise.dds texture, disable the "improved" snow shader.

Thanks, it looks like it was the noise.dds, I've been trying different files from other mod authors but nothing worked until I made noise.dds a blank in paint.net.

As of the time of this post, I'm unable to access the download for SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm. I'll be checking again in the morning. I'm not sure if it's just mega.nz being down or not, but I thought I'd comment in case it's a different issue.

edit: Still can't access it. Anyone have a different source?

It must be your IP. Works fine for me. Maybe disable VPN if you are using one.

It must be your IP. Works fine for me. Maybe disable VPN if you are using one.

No VPN. I finally was able to download it using my phone data. I guess my ISP has mega blocked. Very weird. Thanks for letting me know the issue was on my end. I would not have thought so.

While I sincerely appreciate the hard work that goes into these programs, sometimes I'd love to kick somebodys ass. My recommendation is NOT to use this or DynDOLOD if you have really modded your SSE with even the best extra textures and/or added new lands. Almost 4 ******* hours later only to sit there blinking using 1.6GB of RAM still. But doing nothing for another 30 minutes till I said **** this. In over 3 years of modding LE and SE I've only had either of these programs work correctly a few times. And it looked nice but not worth the ********. My MO2 mod folder is only 78Gb. Small beans!

It was stuck on arnima.esp Goddamn ******* Bruma **** *******

Edited by sheson
Profanity

While I sincerely appreciate the hard work that goes into these programs, sometimes I'd love to kick somebodys ass. My recommendation is NOT to use this or DynDOLOD if you have really modded your SSE with even the best extra textures and/or added new lands. Almost 4 ******* hours later only to sit there blinking using 1.6GB of RAM still. But doing nothing for another 30 minutes till I said **** this. In over 3 years of modding LE and SE I've only had either of these programs work correctly a few times. And it looked nice but not worth the ********. My MO2 mod folder is only 78Gb. Small beans!

It was stuck on arnima.esp Goddamn ******* Bruma **** *******

The only one you need to kick is yourself. You only vented with unneeded swearing. You did not not provide any information or provided any useful feedback. Consequently you disqualified yourself from giving recommendations.

That way nobody can help with troubleshooting to find out why your setup is this messed up or if there is a problem or bug with the tools that require fixing.

These tools exist since 6 years and are constantly updated and maintained also largely based on constructive user feedback. The tools are part of every modding guide and mod list for a reason. They typically work perfectly fine for correctly setup systems and games and when using sensible settings.

Edited by sheson

Hello. Can someone help with settings for high-end pc?

Also im a little bit confused what's a difference between LOD4\8\16\32? I only find info that LOD32 is world map.

Check the DynDOLOD manual for "How LOD works". It includes that picture of different colored terrain LOD textures I keep posting.

See https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal/?view=findpost&p=242727

and https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal/?view=findpost&p=226539

which also includes my standard answer: you should test different settings yourself so you generate LOD that looks just the way you want with exactly the resource requirements you want it to have. It highly depends on the hardware and mod setup.

There are many modding guides that include instruction for xLODGen (and DynDOLOD) with settings catered to these guides.

Edited by sheson

Hi there! I just encountered a small problem while generating water and distant terrain using xlodgen..This is what I'm getting, a square horizon instead of a smooth line.

What could be the reason for this?

https://ibb.co/Hdkjm5V

The LOD water type has nothing to do with LOD generation itself, it is applied live in the game.

If the edge matches the border of the active cells (the uGridsToLoad), then it is probably because the LOD water type defined on the worldspace record is different to the water type used in the cells.