xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Thank you for this but what should I do to get the ocean line to match the horizon?It is the same water type in both Water LOD and Water Data under Worldspace settings...?

Cells can overwrite the default water type from the worldspace record. Also make sure the [Water] INI settings are set to reflect all LOD types and sky.

Other than that you might want to check or ask someone that has more expertise about WATR records, reflections, influence of weather settings etc. Like a water mod forum/author.

• 3 weeks later...

After mustering myself to post here, while there are not stupid questions.. its more of a shame to be under the judging eyes of the cowgod who takes sacrificial babies. ( also probably its gonna be a stupid question )

So I have gotten to the point in testing that the lod just works and starting to look very good from a gameplay perspective. But there is probably one minor issue that is kinda an eyesore and its the z-fighting edges of these iceflows ( I think they are called that  :confusion:  ), now the question is could the problem be eliminated by disabling their lod creation or reduced by any means ? While I realise it might not be possible, atleast ill know some answer from now.

Screenshot is from Shrine of Boethiah.

Have a nice weekend!

post-8534-0-27402900-1602968037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kossu

After mustering myself to post here, while there are not stupid questions.. its more of a shame to be under the judging eyes of the cowgod who takes sacrificial babies. ( also probably its gonna be a stupid question )

So I have gotten to the point in testing that the lod just works and starting to look very good from a gameplay perspective. But there is probably one minor issue that is kinda an eyesore and its the z-fighting edges of these iceflows ( I think they are called that  :confusion:  ), now the question is could the problem be eliminated by disabling their lod creation or reduced by any means ? While I realise it might not be possible, atleast ill know some answer from now.

Screenshot is from Shrine of Boethiah.

Have a nice weekend!

I always try to not judge in my answers and be just factual so nobody should be afraid to ask questions. I might secretly mutilate a firstborn or two (of any age) at times.

If you used xLODGen to generate LOD, then those icefloes do not have LOD, but are full models in the large reference grid. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off. If they stay, they large references. Lower or disable them.

If you used DynDOLOD to generate LOD, then add a mesh rule in the advanced option:

Mesh mask: frozenmarshicefloe

LOD 4, 8, 16, Grid all empty

Visible When Distant: Checked

Reference: Unchanged

Then generate LOD again.

• +1 1

I always try to not judge in my answers and be just factual so nobody should be afraid to ask questions. I might secretly mutilate a firstborn or two (of any age) at times.

If you used xLODGen to generate LOD, then those icefloes do not have LOD, but are full models in the large reference grid. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off. If they stay, they large references. Lower or disable them.

If you used DynDOLOD to generate LOD, then add a mesh rule in the advanced option:

Mesh mask: frozenmarshicefloe

LOD 4, 8, 16, Grid all empty

Visible When Distant: Checked

Reference: Unchanged

Then generate LOD again.

Thanks for the answer!

They were large references indeed, never knew that kind of consolecommand existed.. fml I need some sort of ingame book to keep these all in my mind and with description what they do  :wacko: .

For the comical relief of the thread, I first tried to do a small mod that would move them above the water lod to remove flickering, naturally that somehow backfired and made the icefloe largereference completely disapper until in range of the ugrids 5 loading of them, dunno how I managed to do that but thats what happened  :cool: 

But did find few options to remove them:

So your Dyndolod mesh rule should be able to eliminate them easily, aswell as:

Using Remove Icefloes mod or Skyrim 3d Icefloes mod, All should effectively remove the icefloe z-fighting.

Thanks for the help firstborn eater once again!  ^_^ I learned little again.

Thanks for the answer!

They were large references indeed, never knew that kind of consolecommand existed.. fml I need some sort of ingame book to keep these all in my mind and with description what they do  :wacko: .

For the comical relief of the thread, I first tried to do a small mod that would move them above the water lod to remove flickering, naturally that somehow backfired and made the icefloe largereference completely disapper until in range of the ugrids 5 loading of them, dunno how I managed to do that but thats what happened  :cool: 

But did find few options to remove them:

So your Dyndolod mesh rule should be able to eliminate them easily, aswell as:

Using Remove Icefloes mod or Skyrim 3d Icefloes mod, All should effectively remove the icefloe z-fighting.

Thanks for the help firstborn eater once again!  ^_^ I learned little again.

Any plugin overwriting the large references records to should be flagged ESM, because of the large references bugs. In this case changing the models too make them a bit thicker works probably the best.

• 2 weeks later...

First post here, hopefully not wasting anyone's time!

I generated LOD for Skyrim SE with DynDOLOD and it worked great but I'm having an issue generating LOD for FO4 with xLODGen. This is how distant objects look :

https://i.imgur.com/vDCzSGb.jpg

And here are the settings used and my load order:

https://i.imgur.com/HMionsB.png

https://i.imgur.com/ETyV9lU.png

I regenerated for a second time with the same result.

I used this guide but it was pretty straight forward:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2011382865

First post here, hopefully not wasting anyone's time!

I generated LOD for Skyrim SE with DynDOLOD and it worked great but I'm having an issue generating LOD for FO4 with xLODGen. This is how distant objects look :

https://i.imgur.com/vDCzSGb.jpg

And here are the settings used and my load order:

https://i.imgur.com/HMionsB.png

https://i.imgur.com/ETyV9lU.png

I regenerated for a second time with the same result.

I used this guide but it was pretty straight forward:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2011382865

This looks like the alpha is missing from the LOD textures.

Check if textures\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\Commonwealth.Objects.dds has an alpha channel and if trees or power pylons etc. have transparency.

If that is not the case, make sure the atlas LOD texture uses a compression format that supports alpha.

Check if the source LOD textures still have the alpha. Open the load order in xEdit and check its log to make sure it loads all the BSA. Start the Asset Browser (with CTRL+F3) and enter ElectricalTowerLOD_d.DDS for example. Typically its only container should be "Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2" and unless you modified vanilla files it should be fine. If other containers are listed, the first one is the one that wins. You can open the texture in the default application (e.g. image editing program that support dds) with double click or extract it with right click / save as.

If the textures are fine, check Data\meshes\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\Commonwealth.4.-20.12.bto in NifSkope. If you setup the resources properly in NifSkope it will load the textures, too.

Either way, you should be able to see a power pylon. If you click it, NifSkope should automatically select its BSSubIndexTriShape in the Block List. It 's Value should say obj-at. If you unfold it it should have a BSLightingShaderProperty and more importantly a NiAlphaProperty.

Both the generated and source textures seemed to have transparency. The mesh opened in NifSkope looked fine too with everything exactly as you described.

You packed the output into BA2 files? Their contents might be overwritten by loose files or something happened to it when creating the archives.

Yes I packed them into BA2 files following the guide I linked above (using Archive2.exe). I don't have any loose files that I can find. The only 2 mods I have that change textures at all are improved map and unofficial patch. I've tried regenerating and recreating the BA2's multiple times but the same result. :confusion:

Edited by Geralt

Yes I packed them into BA2 files following the guide I linked above (using Archive2.exe). I don't have any loose files that I can find. The only 2 mods I have that change textures at all are improved map and unofficial patch. I've tried regenerating and recreating the BA2's multiple times but the same result. :confusion:

Well, for a test, check what happens if you just install the loose output only.

Double check in MO2 right window data tab that the loose files are not being overwritten.

Edited by sheson

Installing them as loose files seems to work!

Is there a downside to using them as loose files? The guide I used mentioned flickering, I think I read something about being blurry too.

Edited by Geralt

Installing them as loose files seems to work!

Is there a downside to using them as loose files? The guide I used mentioned flickering, I think I read something about being blurry too.

Yes there is. There will be visual issues like really low quality textures and stuff.

Make sure to compress the meshes and texture into two different BA2 files. When doing the textures archive, make sure the format is set to DDS instead of General.

Edited by sheson

Yes there is. There will be visual issues like really low quality textures and stuff.

Make sure to compress the meshes and texture into two different BA2 files. When doing the textures archive, make sure the format is set to DDS instead of General.

Setting the format to DDS solved it, now I feel like a bit of a dolt. :lol:

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! ::D: