xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Guys not sure where to ask this.

When I try to run XLODgen64 I get this message:

SSELODGen 3.3.8 BETA x64 (9150D5C3) starting session 2018-12-12 12:25:42

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: E:\Installed Games\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\

Using Cache Path: E:\Installed Games\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\SSEEdit Cache\

Using ini: C:\Users\16469\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini

Fatal: Could not find ini

None of these paths are correct my Ini is at E:\Installed Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition\Data

Any idea why it's creating that new folder? How can I change where the program is directing XLODgen64.

Buy the game via Steam, start the game through Steam. It will start the games launcher which will detect the graphics card and then create the INIs in the default INI location, which is C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini for Skryim Special Edition.

Alternatively the INI path can be set with the -i:"c:\Path\to\game.ini" command line parameter.

Buy the game via Steam, start the game through Steam. It will start the games launcher which will detect the graphics card and then create the INIs in the default INI location, which is C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini for Skryim Special Edition.

Alternatively the INI path can be set with the -i:"c:\Path\to\game.ini" command line parameter.

I already have the command: -sse -i:"E:\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE\profiles\Vanilla Skyrim SE\Skyrrim.ini" -o:"E:\Modding Utilities\xLODGen\SSELODGen_Output"

Still not working. It just crashes. Did I spell anything wrong in the arguments line?

I'm assuming by command you meant the arguments line.

I already have the command: -sse -i:"E:\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE\profiles\Vanilla Skyrim SE\Skyrrim.ini" -o:"E:\Modding Utilities\xLODGen\SSELODGen_Output"

Still not working. It just crashes. Did I spell anything wrong in the arguments line?

I'm assuming by command you meant the arguments line.

Do not link directly into MO profiles, that is prone to cause problems. Instead let it automatically use the native/official path to the INI like everyone else does and has no problems with.

If MO does not map the INI from the profile to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini and if programs started from MO executable drop down can not access the INI, then there is something wrong with the general setup of the game and nothing will work properly.

If you say crashes, is there an error message or does it just close? That probably happens trying to access files under direct control of MO instead of the virtual mapped ones.

What happens when you use the latest xEdit version?

Edited by sheson

Good point. There is no my games folder under users.

The only ini files I find are on the MO2 profiles folder.

I've used Zedit with no issues whatsoever. I'm at the finish line of DarkLadyLexy legacy of the dragonborn SE. All other executables have worked without any issues. 0___0 mama mia

Good point. There is no my games folder under users.

The only ini files I find are on the MO2 profiles folder.

I've used Zedit with no issues whatsoever. I'm at the finish line of DarkLadyLexy legacy of the dragonborn SE. All other executables have worked without any issues. 0___0 mama mia

xLODGen is based on xEdit, not zEdit.

Once the games launcher is started, the folder and files in My Games are created. Unless maybe the OS or some third party software is preventing the launcher from doing that. That should trigger some kind of message. If that doesn't work, let Steam install the legal version of the game into its normal folder structure and try again.

Edited by sheson

Bug report for you:

It appears that since moving from 33 to 34, the -o: command has changed a bit. Where previously a path like "D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Output\" would be fine, in the latest version this path results in "D:\Modding\" being created and used as the output. In other words, it seems to truncate the path at the first space.

Thanks for your time.

Bug report for you:

It appears that since moving from 33 to 34, the -o: command has changed a bit. Where previously a path like "D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Output\" would be fine, in the latest version this path results in "D:\Modding\" being created and used as the output. In other words, it seems to truncate the path at the first space.

Thanks for your time.

Make sure to put quotes around the path

-o:"D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Output\"

Bug report for you:

Thanks for your time.

Make sure to put quotes around the path

-o:"D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Output\"

I have the same issue argument is -sse -o:"E:\Skyrim Special Edition Tools\xLODGen\SSELODGen_Output" But when I run v34 beta it creates a new Skyrim Folder in  E:\Skyrim the houses the textures and meshes generated from xLODGEN there instead.

This has recently started happening it behaved as expected on v33 Beta

I have the same issue argument is -sse -o:"E:\Skyrim Special Edition Tools\xLODGen\SSELODGen_Output" But when I run v34 beta it creates a new Skyrim Folder in  E:\Skyrim the houses the textures and meshes generated from xLODGEN there instead.

This has recently started happening it behaved as expected on v33 Beta

What are you using to start xLODGen?