xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

I have no problem with xLODGen beta 0.34 and MO 2.16 RC1.

it also works using a command prompt or a Windows shortcut.

Both versions x86 or the x64.

I even download and used the archive from mega.

I tested on Windows 7.

Make sure to use the correct double quote " around the path

Check the MO mo_interface.log in its logs folder. This is what I get

[D] Spawning direct process < "C:/Skyrim/xLODGen/xLODGenx64.exe" , "-sse -o:\"c:\\The Output from xLODGen\"" , "C:/Skyrim/xLODGen" >
[D] Creating process hooked: < "\"C:\\Skyrim\\xLODGen\\xLODGenx64.exe\" -sse -o:\"c:\\The Output from xLODGen\"\u0000" >
Edited by sheson

Just wanted to report that I'm also getting the truncated output path with version 34 (x64) of xLODGen and MO2 version 2.1.6 (final build) and my MO interface log reports the correct argument, which is -fo4 -o:"F:\FO4 LODgen Output" :

21:36:21 [D] Spawning direct process < "J:/Tools Updates usw/Patches & Mods/Fallout 4/xLODgen/xLODGenx64.exe" , "-fo4 -o:F:\\FO4 LODgen Output" , "J:/Tools Updates usw/Patches & Mods/Fallout 4/xLODgen" >
21:36:21 [D] Creating process hooked: < "\"J:\\Tools Updates usw\\Patches & Mods\\Fallout 4\\xLODgen\\xLODGenx64.exe\" -fo4 -o:F:\\FO4 LODgen Output\u0000" >

The only difference I can see is that you tested on Windows 7 and I'm using Windows 10, could that be causing it?

Just wanted to report that I'm also getting the truncated output path with version 34 (x64) of xLODGen and MO2 version 2.1.6 (final build) and my MO interface log reports the correct argument, which is -fo4 -o:"F:\FO4 LODgen Output" :

The only difference I can see is that you tested on Windows 7 and I'm using Windows 10, could that be causing it?

Yes.

Edit: The log lines show that the path F:\FO4 LODgen Output is not surrounded by quotes. Compare to my log where there are escaped quotes \" around the path.

Edited by sheson

Huh, you are right, I've reported this to the dev team of MO2, one of whom could reproduce the issue the others and I have, an older version of xLODGen was using the correct output path, only 34 seems to have this issue since it requires to be run with admin privileges, unlike previous versions and that seems to be the reason things get wonky with MO2.

Edited by El_Rizzo

Huh, you are right, I've reported this to the dev team of MO2, one of whom could reproduce the issue the others and I have, but the weird thing is that on the same version of MO2, an older version of xLODGen was using the correct output path, only 34 seems to have this issue.

MO prints the log line before xLODGen is executed. I suppose it could have to do with MO being confused by file properties.

Create a windows shortcut with the arguments and execute that from MO instead. Or a batch file.

Alright, I've tried with a shortcut that gets executed in MO with the shortcut's target line looking like this: "J:\Tools Updates usw\Patches & Mods\Fallout 4\xLODgen\xLODGenx64.exe" -fo4 -o:"F:\FO4 LODgen Output\" and now the output goes straight into my overwrite folder, am I missing something or should this work and MO2 has another problem?

Alright, I've tried with a shortcut that gets executed in MO with the shortcut's target line looking like this: "J:\Tools Updates usw\Patches & Mods\Fallout 4\xLODgen\xLODGenx64.exe" -fo4 -o:"F:\FO4 LODgen Output\" and now the output goes straight into my overwrite folder, am I missing something or should this work and MO2 has another problem?

Look like MO does not like shortcuts. A *.bat with the line "c:\path\to\xLODGenx64.exe" -sse -o:"c:\path to output\" works as expected though.

Edit: I applied the xEdit 4.0.1 updates to xLODGen beta 0.35

Maybe the latest compile fixes whatever it is that confuses MO.

Edited by sheson

I've tried download xlodgen .34 and .35 and both times windows deletes the file because it has detected Win32/Cloxer.D!cl trojan.  Is this a false positive or something mega tried to insert?  I'm currently halfway through a Special Edition overhaul and your fantastic file is required.

I did some more searching and from what I'm seeing that a recent windows 10 update is triggering a false positive.  FYI.  I don't know if there is anything you can do about it.  Thanks again for your work.

Edited by Ashotep

I've tried download xlodgen .34 and .35 and both times windows deletes the file because it has detected Win32/Cloxer.D!cl trojan.  Is this a false positive or something mega tried to insert?  I'm currently halfway through a Special Edition overhaul and your fantastic file is required.

I did some more searching and from what I'm seeing that a recent windows 10 update is triggering a false positive.  FYI.  I don't know if there is anything you can do about it.  Thanks again for your work.

In cases like this do a multiscan https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/22d12e6548f6c83d94b61563548a68c600da2d3aa30d32967c5d8eb5189e61de/detection

Edited by sheson

Edit: I applied the xEdit 4.0.1 updates to xLODGen beta 0.35

Maybe the latest compile fixes whatever it is that confuses MO.

Since 0.35 doesn't require to be run in admin mode anymore the issue is fixed, MO2 only had issues when an application required admin rights to run, but even that has been fixed by LostDragonist already, tho it hasn't made it into a new build yet, but the updated exe can be found in the testers channel.

Since 0.35 doesn't require to be run in admin mode anymore the issue is fixed, MO2 only had issues when an application required admin rights to run, but even that has been fixed by LostDragonist already, tho it hasn't made it into a new build yet, but the updated exe can be found in the testers channel.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm no stranger to LODGen, and this is throwing me for a round.

Followed the starting guide on the front page, and for some reason, the generated terrain LOD causes the game to CTD upon loading an exterior cell. This happens with no mods active, so it's not due to some funky conflict.

I installed this particular build of LODGen by making a folder on the desktop, extracting the archive into it, and renaming the executables to SSELODGen.exe & SSELODGenx64.exe.

To launch LODGen, I use the following command in a .bat file: SSELODGen.exe -o:"H:\Modding\Skyrim SSE\SSELODGen Terrain"

I used the following settings:

Build Meshes - Enabled

Build Diffuse - Enabled

Diffuse Format - DXT1

Diffuse Mipmap - Enabled

Build Normal - Enabled

Normal Format - 565

Normal Mipmap - Enabled

Raise Steepness - Enabled

Protect Borders - Enabled

Bake Normal-Maps - Disabled

Max Vertices - 32767

Brightness - 0

Contrast - 0

Gamma - 1.00

Default Size Diffuse - 512

Default Size Normal - 512

For LOD4:

Meshes Quality - 5

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 100

Diffuse Size - 512

Normal Size - 256

For LOD8:

Meshes Quality - 10

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 200

Diffuse Size - 512

Normal Size - 512

For LOD16:

Meshes Quality - 15

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 300

Diffuse Size - 1024

Normal Size - 1024

For LOD32:

Meshes Quality - 20

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 400

Diffuse Size - 2048

Normal Size - 2048

My specs:

CPU - i7 6700k

GPU - Vega 56 8GB

RAM - 32GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

OS - Windows 7 x64

Here's an archive of the generated landscape LOD. Note that uncompressed it balloons to over 4GB in size: https://mega.nz/#!uh810AKZ!zdh3VEotYjA_niq7kWDigCTMzh7f8eKJuCKduLv7mNY

Edited by FiftyTifty

I'm no stranger to LODGen, and this is throwing me for a round.

Followed the starting guide on the front page, and for some reason, the generated terrain LOD causes the game to CTD upon loading an exterior cell. This happens with no mods active, so it's not due to some funky conflict.

I installed this particular build of LODGen by making a folder on the desktop, extracting the archive into it, and renaming the executables to SSELODGen.exe & SSELODGenx64.exe.

To launch LODGen, I use the following command in a .bat file: SSELODGen.exe -o:"H:\Modding\Skyrim SSE\SSELODGen Terrain"

I used the following settings:

Build Meshes - Enabled

Build Diffuse - Enabled

Diffuse Format - DXT1

Diffuse Mipmap - Enabled

Build Normal - Enabled

Normal Format - 565

Normal Mipmap - Enabled

Raise Steepness - Enabled

Protect Borders - Enabled

Bake Normal-Maps - Disabled

Max Vertices - 32767

Brightness - 0

Contrast - 0

Gamma - 1.00

Default Size Diffuse - 512

Default Size Normal - 512

For LOD4:

Meshes Quality - 5

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 100

Diffuse Size - 512

Normal Size - 256

For LOD8:

Meshes Quality - 10

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 200

Diffuse Size - 512

Normal Size - 512

For LOD16:

Meshes Quality - 15

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 300

Diffuse Size - 1024

Normal Size - 1024

For LOD32:

Meshes Quality - 20

Meshes Optimize Unseen - 400

Diffuse Size - 2048

Normal Size - 2048

My specs:

CPU - i7 6700k

GPU - Vega 56 8GB

RAM - 32GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

OS - Windows 7 x64

Here's an archive of the generated landscape LOD. Note that uncompressed it balloons to over 4GB in size: https://mega.nz/#!uh810AKZ!zdh3VEotYjA_niq7kWDigCTMzh7f8eKJuCKduLv7mNY

Do not use the texture format 565 with Skyrim Special Edition on Windows 7. https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr/?view=findpost&p=217012

Edited by sheson

Hi sheson!

I'm having an issue where the program refuses to generate LOD textures, it only generates meshes and then just skips all textures entirely. What could be the cause for this?

I have reinstalled it multiple times and I have the latest version.

I am running the program through the latest version of MO2 with no launch parameters (the program is located on the same drive as the game and MO2 and the exe is named correctly, SSELODGen).

The problem started sometime after I migrated my games to an SSD (I have reinstalled and redone my modlist about twice since then though) including SSE.

Here's the log (the interesting part, will provide full log if needed):

[Tamriel] Building terrain LOD textures [-64,-64] to [63,63] 4/4
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-64,-64] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-64.-64.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-32,-64] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-32.-64.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [0,-64] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.0.-64.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [32,-64] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.32.-64.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-64,-32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-64.-32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-32,-32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-32.-32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [0,-32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.0.-32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [32,-32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.32.-32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-64,0] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-64.0.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-32,0] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-32.0.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [0,0] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.0.0.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [32,0] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.32.0.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-64,32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-64.32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-32,32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-32.32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [0,32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.0.32.dds>
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [32,32] because file already exists: e:\steam games\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.32.32.dds>
Building terrain LOD textures elapsed time: 00:35
LOD Generator: finished (you can close this application now)

I am almost 99% sure this is something on my end, I just can't for the life of me figure out what it is since the program used to work just fine on my PC before.