xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Usually, every plugin contain errors, especially after NPC group checking.

Maybe i need scan specific group to save our time?

Usually no plugin should contain errors. They are reported by xEdit because they should be fixed for a stable load order. In regards to LOD the interest is in WRLD, CELL and REFR and the used base records.

Edited by sheson

Fun info: plugin which has ZERO errors cause this error

If you are interested, i reported to xEdit git: https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues/729

Where did you get that plugin? The current version I found here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12570 has no references in that cell. Maybe you could upload the plugin you have to a file service.

Edited by sheson

I think this is some sort of result from Undeleting and Disabling or so

Take this, backup version which contain zero-references

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yV2y_KmQeYUH1pyv4AZD_3jpm0Jv3rAT/view?usp=sharing

Thanks that helped to reproduce and fix the issue.

Since those references are pointless/dead weight you could just remove them from the plugin anyhow.

• +1 1

Already removed - thats how i found the source of issue.

Problem is a way to find such references. xEdit says nothing about NULL, xLODGen the same.
I spend a huge number of time to find out which plugin cause this. Binary sorting, relaunch LODGen, sort again...

So the best solution is give to xEdit ability to inform us about NullRef entries and to LODGen ability to ignore.

Edited by paladinkolovrat

Already removed - thats how i found the source of issue.

Problem is a way to find such references. xEdit says nothing about NULL, xLODGen the same.

I spend a huge number of time to find out which plugin cause this. Binary sorting, relaunch LODGen, sort again...

So the best solution is give to xEdit ability to inform us about NullRef entries and to LODGen ability to ignore.

There is nothing wrong with NULL references. It's a valid value.

Is there any benefit / features / fixes with using the newer xLodGen betas for xEdit purpose or just stick with the older release? I am currently using xEdit 4.0.1 while xLodGen is the .56 beta

The first page documents and links to the release page of the xEdit version that xLODGen is based on.

If you have questions about xEdit, ask them on appropriate forum/discord channels.

I have an issue with the xLODGen step during Lexy's LOTD Guide (was referred here via their discord). It takes far longer than 2h, closer to 12h as far as i can tell (leave it running overnight). The version of xLODGen used is the one from the guide, downloaded via WJ.

The issue is reproducible on my set up. On the 2nd attempt I triple checked to make sure only terrain LOD was checked, sse-terrain-tamriel.esm checked, each LOD# set up according to screenshots, etc; same outcome. I have no issues elsewhere in Lexy's guide, and once everything is done modded SSE runs perfectly.

PC specs; Ryzen 5 2600X, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM, 500GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10. I can also add that when the computer is running xLODGen only, there is barely any CPU utilization in taskmanager/performance. Program is completely responsive though. No errors in the log. The only unusual thing I noticed was that xLODGen takes a long time to switch to the next worldspace (e.g. tamriel -> markarth). 

Any help is appreciated.

Ok, i have another question - how to exclude some mesh refeneces in specific cells from LOD generation. For example, i have huge building which disabled by default but enabled after some quest stage.

How to make LOD of mesh appear after specific conditions(like Prydwen)?

Static object  LOD does not support this. Either use the IsFullLOD setting or DynDOLOD which can do animated/quest enabled LOD automatically and performance friendly.