xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

You did not say which worldspace that is. Is it a mod?

Picture 1 looks like this is the edge of world. LOD is only generated for quads for which at least one CELL records exist. The coordinates and dimension of the discovered area are shown in the log.

Picture 2 seems to show that either the CELL records have no Has Water flag, No LOD water flag or the default water height defined on the world record is lower than the terrain. The used default water height is shown in the log.

Yes, it is from my worldspace. I started working on it again now that nuuken finally updated the CK, and it works like gangbusters so....work resumes.

Q1. I still am no clearer on how to make the water texture match, have to figure that one out somehow.

Q2. Yes, you were right on the height. All those dirt cells had water height of -14000 which is the world default. the water cells right next to those, -1800. Simple enough, change height to match and, I have water planes in those cells. Original creator of never bothered to do anything beyond those cells apparently, so, they are just plain...land. I tired setting the WS default height and LOD water height to -1800, and re-ran xloggen again, but nothing changed. Only the couple cells I changed by hand.

The cells do have the Has Water flag, at least the ones closer to shore do from all I can see.

I really hope there is a better way to automate all the out to infinity water, because, doing it cell by cell will take the rest of my life. Made some progress, at least I know what the problem is now.

Yes, it is from my worldspace. I started working on it again now that nuuken finally updated the CK, and it works like gangbusters so....work resumes.

Q1. I still am no clearer on how to make the water texture match, have to figure that one out somehow.

Q2. Yes, you were right on the height. All those dirt cells had water height of -14000 which is the world default. the water cells right next to those, -1800. Simple enough, change height to match and, I have water planes in those cells. Original creator of never bothered to do anything beyond those cells apparently, so, they are just plain...land. I tired setting the WS default height and LOD water height to -1800, and re-ran xloggen again, but nothing changed. Only the couple cells I changed by hand.

The cells do have the Has Water flag, at least the ones closer to shore do from all I can see.

I really hope there is a better way to automate all the out to infinity water, because, doing it cell by cell will take the rest of my life. Made some progress, at least I know what the problem is now.

Q1

So the blue part at the top is not Sky but LOD water in existing BTR terrain LOD meshes?

LOD water uses the LOD water type defined by the NAM3 - LOD Water Type on the WRLD record. Make it the same as NAM2 - Water which is used by default in the loaded cells if the CELL record does not define its own XCWT - Water.

Q2

xLODGen ignores the NAM4 - LOD Water Height value on the WRLD record and uses the value from DNAM - Land Data \ Default Water Height instead.

If a CELL records defines anything but "Default" for its XCLW - Water Height, that value will be used instead for that cell.

You can always write an xEdit script to mass update records.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting with version 59, I'm getting several of the following errors while running only Terrain LODs:

Error saving textures: Image passed to TImagingCanvas constructor is in unsupported format (Image @00000000A0A9FD83 info: Width = 512px, Height = 512px, Format = R8G8B8, Size = 768 KiB, Bits @00000000A50F1000, Palette @0000000000000000.)

I did not get this with version 58 using the same settings.  I'm just wondering where I might start to troubleshoot this, or if you know what would cause that?  Or do you need more info?

Edited by xcal68

Starting with version 59, I'm getting several of the following errors while running only Terrain LODs:

Error saving textures: Image passed to TImagingCanvas constructor is in unsupported format (Image @00000000A0A9FD83 info: Width = 512px, Height = 512px, Format = R8G8B8, Size = 768 KiB, Bits @00000000A50F1000, Palette @0000000000000000.)
I did not get this with version 58 using the same settings.  I'm just wondering where I might start to troubleshoot this, or if you know what would cause that?  Or do you need more info?

Post the used settings. Upload or paste entire log to a file service or pastebin.

This should be fixed in beta 60

Edited by sheson

This should be fixed in beta 60

I'm currently building Terrain LODs as we speak, using version 60.  While it has yet to complete, I am not getting those errors anymore.  I'll report back if I see any other issues, but it looks great now.

You are awesome!  Thanks so much for the quick update!

I'm excited to use the xLODGen tool for the first time on a load order I'm building following the TUCOGUIDE.  I've tried to follow the guide exactly but I keep getting an error that ends the xLODGen  process.  I'm sure it's something elementary and I'm hoping someone on this forum can decipher the log, which I've attached.

I've deactivated the pregenerated lods identified and I'm not using DSR.  Are there any other mods in the TUCOGUIDE load order that need to be deactivated?

Appreciate in advance any help or direction to where I could find an answer.

I'm excited to use the xLODGen tool for the first time on a load order I'm building following the TUCOGUIDE.  I've tried to follow the guide exactly but I keep getting an error that ends the xLODGen  process.  I'm sure it's something elementary and I'm hoping someone on this forum can decipher the log, which I've attached.

I've deactivated the pregenerated lods identified and I'm not using DSR.  Are there any other mods in the TUCOGUIDE load order that need to be deactivated?

Appreciate in advance any help or direction to where I could find an answer.

If you have problems with a third party guide you need to ask the author of that guide on the appropriate forums/discord etc. 

If xLODGen prints an error and stops, read the error message and search for it. If you need help with interpreting the error message then you need to post the error/log.

There is no need to deactivate already existing LOD in the load order if using xLODGen correctly with the -o command line argument. 

Instructions to deactivate a plugin before generating LOD usually means that there is a problem with the plugin that should be fixed.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

If you have problems with a third party guide you need to ask the author of that guide on the appropriate forums/discord etc. 

If xLODGen prints an error and stops, read the error message and search for it. If you need help with interpreting the error message then you need to post the error/log.

There is no need to deactivate already existing LOD in the load order if using xLODGen correctly with the -o command line argument. 

Instructions to deactivate a plugin before generating LOD usually means that there is a problem with the plugin that should be fixed.

Thanks for your prompt response.  I tried to upload the log to this site but it doesn't appear to have worked.  I don't think the problem is with the TUCOGUIDE.  Here's a paste-bin link to the error message generated. 

<script src="https://pastebin.com/embed_js/23SyRt5U"></script>

Thanks again for a taking a look at this!

Thanks for your prompt response.  I tried to upload the log to this site but it doesn't appear to have worked.  I don't think the problem is with the TUCOGUIDE.  Here's a paste-bin link to the error message generated. 

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/23SyRt5U

Thanks again for a taking a look at this!

That is why my signature says to upload entire log to a file service or pastebin...

Lets read the log:

There is an error executing LODGenx64.exe:

The error is that LODGenx64.exe can not be found:
[Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: System Error.  Code: 2. The system cannot find the file specified

Same error for TexConvx64.exe :
System Error.  Code: 2. The system cannot find the file specified

If the files LODGenx64.exe and Texconvx64.exe exist at the mentioned path, then the OS, antivir or some other third party software is preventing access.
  • +1 1

That is why my signature says to upload entire log to a file service or pastebin...

Lets read the log:

There is an error executing LODGenx64.exe:

<Error: Could not execute "C:\Modding\xLODGen.60\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" "C:\Modding\xLODGen.60\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.txt">

The error is that LODGenx64.exe can not be found:
[Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: System Error.  Code: 2. The system cannot find the file specified

Same error for TexConvx64.exe :
<Error: Could not execute "C:\Modding\xLODGen.60\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -f R32G32B32A32_FLOAT -o "C:\Users\zacrc\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit" "C:\Users\zacrc\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\DC70BB17177A47A29D86A6471CCC35F2.dds">
System Error.  Code: 2. The system cannot find the file specified

If the files LODGenx64.exe and Texconvx64.exe exist at the mentioned path, then the OS, antivir or some other third party software is preventing access.

Yeah, I spent some time this morning after I posted trying to figure out the log and decided to take a look at the original binary and, of course, as you suggest, my install was somehow missing several key executables

Sorry for bothering you.  All working now.  Thanks again for your help.

Where i can download old versions??? ~the middle 2019. Last versions make terrain textures purple:

I use the same texture set as an example.

By the way, the program never learned to save Vertex Colors for lod objects level 2 as TES5LODGEN 3.1.2. Further we go, worse it becomes, lost technology.

Edited by Mitradis

Where i can download old versions??? ~the middle 2019. Last versions make terrain textures purple:

I use the same texture set as an example.

By the way, the program never learned to save Vertex Colors for lod objects level 2 as TES5LODGEN 3.1.2. Further we go, worse it becomes, lost technology.

If there are errors report them in a mature and qualified manner in order to have them fixed.

The 2 screenshot do not seem to show anything purple (#800080). No further information was given.

xLODGen reads the installed landscape textures, converts them into R8G8B8, splats them, applies landscape vertex colors, applies optional bright/contrast/gamma, saves the result as R8G8B8 and then uses the external tool TexConv to convert to the desired compression. If you do not want any de/compression artifacts, convert source landscape textures to no compression, leave output as R8G8B8 and convert to desired format yourself.

I have explained and updated xLODGen to have non standard Vertex Colors in higher object LOD levels. If something doesn't work as explained, make a report in a mature and qualified manner in order to have it explained again, troubleshooted or any issue fixed.

If you can not make polite and mature posts, then there is no point in posting. Nobody forces you to use the free tools and there is no obligation that they do things they are not intended to do. Being rude is not how to get free support or free help for a free tool.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

I asked "Where i can download old versions". If you point blank do not see the difference between the two pictures, then I have nothing to talk about with you. I expected such an unprofessional answer.

There are no old versions as everyone can see from first post and the reasons has been explained many times.

I did not write that I do not see any difference between the two screenshots. I wrote:

"The 2 screenshot do not seem to show anything purple (#800080). No further information was given."

Since you do not seem to be willing to provide further information about any issues you believe to be having in order to troubleshoot them or have them fixed in the current version or try the suggested method of uncompressed input/output and maybe report back about it, this concludes my free, polite, mature and professional answers.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1