xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Before ill have to generate new xlodgen files ( since my previous meshes/textures were generated by an older version, probably ) Can anyone confirm that this is either happening or not happening in the newest version of generated meshes?

https://imgur.com/VxZdM0u (Picture looking at Sun Stone )

Basically the terrain meshes pushes through the "platform" that are the stones in DragonbornDLC (that grey spot in there), this is happening on all the stones Sun/Earth/Beast/Tree/Water with the exception of Wind Stone. And this in turn causes either the snowy lod or ashen lod to stick out like a sore thumb from the said thing.

Edit minor thing but had to ask.

Edited by Kossu

Before ill have to generate new xlodgen files ( since my previous meshes/textures were generated by an older version, probably ) Can anyone confirm that this is either happening or not happening in the newest version of generated meshes?

https://imgur.com/VxZdM0u (Picture looking at Sun Stone )

Basically the terrain meshes pushes through the "platform" that are the stones in DragonbornDLC (that grey spot in there), this is happening on all the stones Sun/Earth/Beast/Tree/Water with the exception of Wind Stone. And this in turn causes either the snowy lod or ashen lod to stick out like a sore thumb from the said thing.

Edit minor thing but had to ask.

This happens with vanilla LOD as well. The quality of the terrain LOD meshes is too coarse. In addition without DynDOLOD there is no LOD for the water which helps to cover it up.

I keep getting a "runtime error 216" when I run xLODGen64 through MO2, no error messages pop up in the text box.

What happens when you run xLODGenx64 directly? What happens when you start xEdit from MO?

Make sure nothing, not the game, MO, xLODGen is installed to special Windows folders like Program Files x86. Do not install xLODGen into MO, data, game or Steam folders.

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or other 3rd party crap ware is not intefering.

Edited by sheson

Hi sheson. Love all of your work. Running into the same error people above have been posting. I actually had zero problems when running xLODGen two days ago, and I downloaded a few more mods including Enhanced Texture Detail and now I am getting the following error for a ton of the Solstheim textures. Eventually the process just stops and crashes.

[31:54] c:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld\dlc2solstheimworld.4.24.16_n.dds
[31:54]  FAILED loading DDS (80070003) c:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld\dlc2solstheimworld.4.24.16.dds
[31:54] Error: Executing TexConv failure 00000001: "D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -sepalpha  -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "c:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\dlc2solstheimworld" -flist "C:\Users\deana\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_DLC2SolstheimWorld_572_0.txt"

Only happens in the Solstheim world. No clue what I did wrong. I read all of your posts and have ensured I am doing everything you suggested. Any advice? Thank you.

Here is the link to a full error log but it all looks good up until this point: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcKXLM7Jn9MeP9-TZPYMEsK3ROXpow9k/view?usp=sharing
Edited by dnmt

Apologies if this in the manual and I missed it, but when is it required to regenerate Terrain LOD? A mod (HD LOD Textures SE) updated to fix some meshes causing a CTD, would I need to generate Terrain LOD again?

Terrain LOD should be updated when plugin do changes to terrain height data or landscape textures. If a mod changes any of these, there can only be visual mismatch. Nothing else. If a mod causes CTD in the game, generating terrain LOD will not change that.

If you have issues with other mods you should read their description and ask on their appropriate support forums.

Terrain LOD meshes are generated from heightdata found on the LAND records in plugins. Meshes in the load order have nothing to do with it.

Terrain LOD textures are generated from landscape textures only. HD LOD Textures SE does not change of the landscape textures as it is a mod for object LOD.

Terrain LOD should be updated when plugin do changes to terrain height data or landscape textures. If a mod changes any of these, there can only be visual mismatch. Nothing else. If a mod causes CTD in the game, generating terrain LOD will not change that.

If you have issues with other mods you should read their description and ask on their appropriate support forums.

Terrain LOD meshes are generated from heightdata found on the LAND records in plugins. Meshes in the load order have nothing to do with it.

Terrain LOD textures are generated from landscape textures only. HD LOD Textures SE does not change of the landscape textures as it is a mod for object LOD.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

"If generating for Skyrim Special Edition use BC7"

BC7 on..diffuse or normal?

and max or quick? differences?

The undeniable advantage of having a forum with search is that one can easily find answers for questions.

For example here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal/page-34?p=233697&do=findComment&comment=233697

The undeniable advantage of having a forum with search is that one can easily find answers for questions.

For example here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal/page-34?p=233697&do=findComment&comment=233697

i aleadry started been some time..but it keeps looping same words like this so i cant tell if im making progress or not

i set it up based on your ''quick for beginners'' tutorial, terrain lod only. https://imgur.com/lJAh7kL

i aleadry started been some time..but it keeps looping same words like this so i cant tell if im making progress or not

i set it up based on your ''quick for beginners'' tutorial, terrain lod only. https://imgur.com/lJAh7kL

Do not post screen shots of text. Instead paste the log to pastebin or upload to a file service.

The log quite clearly shows errors in plain English language. 

Executing TexConv returned error C0000135

Searching for the error message finds this thread: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14518-executing-texconv-returned-error-c0000135-vruntime140dll-or-vcruntime140-1dll-was-not-found

"565 format crashes SSE in Windows 7"

Is this still the case? So if I am releasing a public pre generated terrain, object, and tree pack for my guide I should not use 565 format because windows 7 users will be screwed?  I BC7 not an option for SE normals?

Also, does it matter if you run TexGen before or after xLodGen terrain generation?

Edited by Soulmancer

"565 format crashes SSE in Windows 7"

Is this still the case? So if I am releasing a public pre generated terrain, object, and tree pack for my guide I should not use 565 format because windows 7 users will be screwed?

Also, does it matter if you run TexGen before or after xLodGen terrain generation?

Bethesda is not really in the habit of fixing bugs and I doubt they will address that one either.

Not sure way I have to copy and paste from the manual again and again:

With TexGen.exe most but not all object LOD source textures can be generated from the full textures in the current load order.

It is obvious that terrain LOD texture generation does not matter to TexGen or object LOD texture generation or vice versa.

Edited by sheson