xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

for example file norextwallbg1way01_lod_1.nif using textures\lod\NordicTempleExt_LOD.dds texture. This texture containst in _Options.txt. BUT norextwallbg1way01_lod_1.nif dont have VC. As result after generated, block with this model have name objSnowHD BUT THIS BLOCK NO HAVE VC (EVEN WHITE). I don’t know how else to explain it.

IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod.dds
IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod2.dds
IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod2_n.dds
IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod3.dds
IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod3_n.dds
IsHDTextureMask=mountainslablod_n.dds
IsHDTextureMask=nordictempleext_lod.dds
IsHDTextureMask=nordictempleext_lod_3.dds
IsHDTextureMask=nordictempleext_lod_n.dds

None of the 3 shapes in norextwallbg1way01_lod_1.nif  have any vertex colors. In the BTO meshes it might end up with no vertex colors or all white vertex colors - which is the same.

In any case, no or all white vertex colors do not change how/which LOD material shader is applied. The LOD materials shaders look the same.

For some reason you force the shapes that use nordictempleext_lod.dds or nordictempleext_lod_3.dds (whatever that texture is supposed to be) to be "HD".

The vanilla HD LOD material object shaders will cover every angle as shown in the screenshot if the shape does not use a full texture and does not have vertex colors or all white vertex colors with alpha = 1.

It does what you tell it to do (set "HD") and the result is how the vanilla game works and looks.

Do not tell it to set "HD" so it uses the non HD material object shaders, which will look better with LOD models and textures - just the way how the vanilla game does it.

Edited by sheson

For some reason you force the shapes that use nordictempleext_lod.dds or nordictempleext_lod_3.dds (whatever that texture is supposed to be) to be "HD".

for example: some model have VC and i am want force VC for 8+ cells through _Options.txt file. In this situation i have objSnowHD on some models without VC. it is very simple. I don’t need to explain what is VC and how does it work. i have my own program https://github.com/Mitradis/NifScan i know all this.

Edited by Mitradis

for example: some model have VC and i am want force VC for 8+ cells through _Options.txt file. In this situation i have objSnowHD on some models without VC. it is very simple. I don’t need to explain what is VC and how does it work.

You keeping posting about things that work exactly as expected, instead of making posts about the supposed issue.

Not sure how many times or else to say this, do not force "HD" on shapes/textures that you do not want "HD" on.

you do not read my posts? all posts have "about the supposed issue".

which of this is not clear to you:

for example: some model have VC and i am want force VC for 8+ cells through _Options.txt file. In this situation i have objSnowHD on some models without VC.

for example file norextwallbg1way01_lod_1.nif using textures\lod\NordicTempleExt_LOD.dds texture. This texture containst in _Options.txt. BUT norextwallbg1way01_lod_1.nif dont have VC. As result after generated, block with this model have name objSnowHD BUT THIS BLOCK NO HAVE VC (EVEN WHITE). I don’t know how else to explain it.

proposing a solution: if mesh file no have VC, EVEN if he have texture which is containst in _Options.txt, for this model do not set block name to objSnowHD.

?

what data do you need? Then I will ask differently: Why lodgen, using _Options.txt, set objSnowHD if model no have VC?

Edited by Mitradis

you do not read my posts? all posts have "about the supposed issue".

You keep posting about LOD shapes that have the "HD" setting forced onto end up having the "HD" setting. This is how it is supposed to work.

You keep posting about the vanilla HD snow LOD shader not looking good on LOD models/textures. This is how the engine works.

You keep posting about LOD shapes that have the "HD" setting forced onto end up having the "HD" setting. 

not true. i posting about what LodGen set objSnowHD block name even if this block dont have vertex colors.

You keep posting about the vanilla HD snow LOD shader not looking good on LOD models/textures. This is how the engine works.

not true. i posting about what lodgen has the same approach for models using texture contains in _Options.txt. Force system can't tell the difference if mesh have VC and not have VC. Something like this:

List<string> TESTLIST = new List<string>();

TESTLIST.AddRange(File.ReadAllLines("TES5LODGen_Skyrim_Tamriel_Options.txt"));

if (TESTLIST.Exists(s => s.Equals(TEXTURENAME, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)))

{

//you variant

set block name to objSnowHD

//but i suggest this

if (BlockHaveVC)

{

}

}

i need soucecode and i fix this self.

Edited by Mitradis

not true. i posting about what LodGen set objSnowHD block name even if this block dont have vertex colors.

not true. i posting about what lodgen has the same approach for models using texture contains in _Options.txt. Force system can't tell the difference if mesh have VC and not have VC. Something like this:

List TESTLIST = new List();

TESTLIST.AddRange(File.ReadAllLines("TES5LODGen_Skyrim_Tamriel_Options.txt"));

if (TESTLIST.Exists(s => s.Equals(TEXTURENAME, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)))

{

//you variant

//but i suggest this

if (BlockHaveVC)

{

}

}

i need soucecode and i fix this self.

No Vertex Colors or all white Vertex Colors do not affect the LOD material object shaders. The existence of vertex colors or the lack of them does not decide if something is "HD" or not.

"HD"depends on Use HD LOD texture flag on base records or if IsHDMeshMask, NotHDMeshMask, IsHDTextureMask, NotHDTextureMask options are set to force enable or force disable it.

For both these reasons, the code was updated a while ago to not require the "HD" setting to keep vertex colors in the higher LOD levels automatically, because vertex colors and "HD" need to be independent of each other.

Maybe one of the visitors to this forum will help and better explain the essence of the problem. I tried to do it as best I could. good luck

The essence of the problem is that you force "HD" onto something that you do not want "HD" on. Maybe one day you post about the supposed problem of no vertex colors in higher LOD levels, which does not require to force "HD" anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

New xLodGen user here, i have an issue when generating i have only the texture folder in my output not the mesh one.

And in the log file i find this:

[00:09] <Error: Could not execute "E:\Téléchargements\Programs\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" "E:\Téléchargements\Programs\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.txt">
[00:09] [Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: System Error.  Code: 109.

Someone know this issue??

Thanks in advance.

The OS or some 3rd party tool is probably preventing xLODGen from running. Check if LODGen_log.txt contains any useful information.

Do not install anything into special Windows folders like Program Files x86.

Make sure to set a dedicated output folder with -o

I'm having the same issue with the same error code, textures work but the meshes do not. I'm trying to use it for a custom worldspace in Skyrim SE, running through MO2, I have nothing installed in Program Files x86, game and tools are in different folders. I have also set an output folder with -o, which works perfectly fine for the textures. Hoping either Wavejumper found what caused his problem or perhaps Sheson has some more ideas I could try?

I'm having the same issue with the same error code, textures work but the meshes do not. I'm trying to use it for a custom worldspace in Skyrim SE, running through MO2, I have nothing installed in Program Files x86, game and tools are in different folders. I have also set an output folder with -o, which works perfectly fine for the textures. Hoping either Wavejumper found what caused his problem or perhaps Sheson has some more ideas I could try?

I'm not exactly sure why but moving the xLODGen tool to a different drive, (where I have both my game install and MO2) appears to have fixed my problem.

I'm not exactly sure why but moving the xLODGen tool to a different drive, (where I have both my game install and MO2) appears to have fixed my problem.

The download / programs folder is probably under special protection by the OS or antivirus and moving executables out of it resolves that issue. 

Edited by sheson

Hi, new Xlodgen-user here! Tried to generate my first terrainlod today (I've been running Dyndolod a lot with great results) but it seems I made a small mistake by accidently putting a blank space after the "-o: C:\Users\..." which put all of my generated output files in the games datafolder ( \steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Meshes\terrain ...). At least thats what the logfile says... How can I solve this? As soon as I realised my mistake I deleted the blank space (-o:"C:\Users\...) and now the generated output files are where I want them, so maybe I can just install these and go on with generating Texgen and Dyndolod? Or do I have to find and delete all the old files in the datafolder first? Im using Vortex btw.

Edited by TheDude