xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

I edited the link to see if it would help. Tested it in a private browser window to ensure it's not a permissions thing.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I'll try them out the next time I regenerate, although it might be a bit because I've set aside xLODGen for now to work on setting up DynDOLOD.

Way to go on the testing! (your more images link does not render anything for me for some reason ... I access that site often, so pretty sure it's the link)

Very interesting ... I have a feeling that contrast=64 and gamma=1.2 may look even better while keeping non-snow colorful and relatively darker still without affecting snow too much.

I love your idea for -255 brightness ... it's very instructive for verifying terrain position and transitions.

For LOD32 in game, try using console:

~cow tamriel 13 -13

That will put you at the top of the map to test.

Also, you may get even better results by increasing the following just a tad bit in the game INI (according to our DY's work on these settings under SLE):

fMapMenuOverlaySnowScale=0.00001

fMapMenuOverlayScale=0.00001

Here is the world map with contrast=64, gamma=1.2. The difference seems subtle - maybe a little more color detail in this one, although this is also post-DynDOLOD. With the exception of snow application, the world map rendering seems to be pretty forgiving of tweaks to these settings:

e95Y6iT.png

And here it is with the fMapMenuOverlay(Snow)Scale=0.00001 settings. I think it looks awful. Seems to force many of the landscape and object textures to be rendered at a much lower resolution:

pUo3NMA.png

Here are a couple of in-game flyover videos as well - lots of pop-in and z-fighting, but a lot of this is because I'm at speeds and elevations that wouldn't commonly be experienced during normal gameplay:

RE fMapMenuOverlay(Snow)Scale=0.00001 setting: I don't see much diff from those screens, but I think I see what you mean. You may want to try running "A Quality World Map". This has a standalone option for a clear, cloud-free map that makes comparing much simpler (clouds obscure things and are not consistent, so compares are very difficult).

Our main page on the wiki links to our SLE/SSE INI guides, which have some good descriptions of most INI settings. Many SLE INI settings still apply to SSE. This may give you some ideas on that setting.

EDIT: The SLE/SSE INI guides are not the end-all/be-all, but they are the most comprehensive that I have seen, and they are maintained by the creator of BethINI.

RE fMapMenuOverlay(Snow)Scale=0.00001 setting: I don't see much diff from those screens, but I think I see what you mean.

The snow textures on the landscape meshes for Throat of the World, the textures on TotW's rock objects, and the land textures on the island in the middle of the lake to the right of TotW all look extremely low-fidelity to me with the tweaked setting compared to the vanilla values.

It's entirely possible that the tweak has a different effect if fully following STEP, but I'm not doing that.

You may want to try running "A Quality World Map". This has a standalone option for a clear, cloud-free map that makes comparing much simpler (clouds obscure things and are not consistent, so compares are very difficult).

I've come across A Quality World Map, but I'm confused as to what exactly it is/does. My impression was that it's probably just custom, tweaked pre-generated LOD32 data or something, which isn't interesting to me on its own.

If I end up posting more map screenshots in the future, I'll try the standalone cloud removal option.

Hello, joined here hoping someone can help me out.(for Fallout 4/Fallout4VR)

I've used it successfully before however this last time I made my own textures-I used Intel DDS plugin for Photoshop and while the textures worked in game, the LOD would not generate with them.

Would some conversion formats show up in game but not when generated with xLODGEN?

Hello, joined here hoping someone can help me out.(for Fallout 4/Fallout4VR)

I've used it successfully before however this last time I made my own textures-I used Intel DDS plugin for Photoshop and while the textures worked in game, the LOD would not generate with them.

Would some conversion formats show up in game but not when generated with xLODGEN?

If a texture can not be read, there should be some kind of error message in the log. TexConv can typically read all kinds of texture formats.

If a terrain LOD texture is not or can not be generated there should be some kind of message or error message in the log.

There aren't any errors in the log other than the no options files found ones which from what I understand aren't an issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HsRAQCkApnSCHeZ439LQ3r5ei0OfSBJ3/view?usp=sharing

If someone is interested in trying to generate LOD with the textures (just removes branches from the d/n/s of the tree textures), this a packed version.

Shows up no issue in game, but the LODGEN doesn't seem to care, my game install is clean

Edited by Sqepticism

There aren't any errors in the log other than the no options files found ones which from what I understand aren't an issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HsRAQCkApnSCHeZ439LQ3r5ei0OfSBJ3/view?usp=sharing

If someone is interested in trying to generate LOD with the textures (just removes branches from the d/n/s of the tree textures), this a packed version.

Shows up no issue in game, but the LODGEN doesn't seem to care, my game install is clean

The BSA only contains full textures used by the full models.

The tree LOD models use LOD textures that need to be updated separately.

The BSA only contains full textures used by the full models.

The tree LOD models use LOD textures that need to be updated separately.

Thankyou, how would I go about doing this? I am not sure how to even locate the files

EDIT: The LOD d/n/s/ files in Textures6.ba2?

Edited by Sqepticism

Thankyou, how would I go about doing this? I am not sure how to even locate the files

EDIT: The LOD d/n/s/ files in Textures6.ba2?

Check base record of the tree in question to find out which LOD models it uses. For example 00038599 uses Meshes\LOD\Landscape\Trees\Maple\TreeBlasted01_LOD_0.nif

Enter the filename TreeBlasted01_LOD_0.nif into the filter field of the xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3) and highlight the result. The bottom window will show the used textures etc.